Day in the Life of a PhD (Cancer Research)

Catch

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

Cool. 

What about Developmental economics and public policy? Do they need to publish in high impact journals?

You can apply for postdoc and become faculty without many publications in these. It is easier to become faculty in computer science and economics when compared to biosciences. Usually these fields one or two year postdoc is enough. Most biosciences more than 5 years postdoc. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, galiraju said:

yeah! and now I am a having drink...i am dunn for the day I guess looking at some lecture stuff for next friday YyQp0l4Otg9rAZdzqEWVl0gu_bro1WXzq4QjCoYK

I still have a lot of work to do, been slacking today. 

Just now, DummyVariable said:

Actually online lo very confusing.. professors ni contact ante pretty much research the Uni and their area of expertise first ee kada..

i dunno man....i guess...i pretty straight forward email them professor or go to conferences meet people or ask his phd advisor to reccomed any of his collegeques here in the usa.

2 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Actually online lo very confusing.. professors ni contact ante pretty much research the Uni and their area of expertise first ee kada..

Post his google scholar, I can tell where to apply if you want. 

Just now, Catch said:

I still have a lot of work to do, been slacking today. 

yeah too much work making notes and ppts for students it is like never ending. Just trying to having a drink and realized i have nothing to eat so planning on cooking some mango papu and rice two more years and then i up for tenure hope everything goes well

Just now, Catch said:

You can apply for postdoc and become faculty without many publications in these. It is easier to become faculty in computer science and economics when compared to biosciences. Usually these fields one or two year postdoc is enough. Most biosciences more than 5 years postdoc. 

Any libraries available for people not associated with academia? Which ones are the best to read latest research articles.. esp economics, public policy and computer science..

Just now, galiraju said:

yeah too much work making notes and ppts for students it is like never ending. Just trying to having a drink and realized i have nothing to eat so planning on cooking some mango papu and rice two more years and then i up for tenure hope everything goes well

Did you complete your tenure packet? How many grants did you get so far?

Any libraries available for people not associated with academia? Which ones are the best to read latest research articles.. esp economics, public policy and computer science..

libgen.is or libegen.io they keep on changing

• Thanks 1

Stanford has campus placements for postdocs interested in industry because bay area is industry heavy and most postdocs go to industry. Ask whoever it is to apply to Stanford.

1 minute ago, Catch said:

Did you complete your tenure packet? How many grants did you get so far?

Mine is  an undergraduate only university so the priorities are  different. teaching and service are priorties. I have two grants (not funded) and 1 publication thatz it

Just now, galiraju said:

Mine is  a undergraduate only university so the priorities are  different. teaching and service are priorties. I have two grants (not funded) and 1 publication thatz it

Is it based on student reviews for courses?

1 minute ago, Catch said:

Stanford has campus placements for postdocs interested in industry because bay area is industry heavy and most postdocs go to industry. Ask whoever it is to apply to Stanford.

Question okati answer inkoti#~`