Day in the Life of a PhD (Cancer Research)

Catch

Just now, Catch said:

Is it based on student reviews for courses?

not primarily on that. there is other stuff hour in service, committees, course reviews by colleagues, students, sponsoring projects, independent studies. etc.

Just now, Catch said:

That is too much. In my university most profs teach 3-6 credits (1-2 courses) per year. 

Urs is probably R1s. I work on my questions in leisure tym. but then somebody publishes it and then vsist my solution it s sad...that is ok ..i guess. my situtaion is entirely different so i dunno

Just now, Catch said:

He wants to go to industry no? I don't know what library means. 

That question was not related to my first question. I wanted to read some latest research articles and papers. Asked for a library so that I can check what is going on in those fields. Willing to pay too..

1 minute ago, Catch said:

He wants to go to industry no? I don't know what library means. 

he was probably asking about a means to access publications ;) without having to pay for them

2 minutes ago, galiraju said:

he was probably asking about a means to access publications ;) without having to pay for them

Willing to pay but most articles are spread out on multiple platforms.. was asking if there were any consolidated libraries that can be used by the general public.

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

Willing to pay but most articles are spread out on multiple platforms.. was asking if there were any consolidated libraries that can be used by the general public.

libgen dot is; if doesnt work lemme know

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

I not downplaying your financial ability; it is just that i am against publishers making while all the research in this country is funded by taxpayer money ;)

10 minutes ago, Catch said:

Stanford has campus placements for postdocs interested in industry because bay area is industry heavy and most postdocs go to industry. Ask whoever it is to apply to Stanford.

Deggare UPenn, Temple and Drexel unnayi.. choodamani cheptha 

Just now, galiraju said:

I not downplaying your financial ability; it is just that i am against publishers making while all the research in this country is funded by taxpayer money ;)

Cool bro _-_

Just now, DummyVariable said:

Deggare UPenn, Temple and Drexel unnayi.. choodamani cheptha 

It just makes me uncomfortable that u put temple in between Upenn and Drexel.