Microsoft CEO Nadella voices concern over CAA |

bhaigan

Microsoft's Indian-origin CEO Satya Nadella voiced concern over the contentious Citizenship Amendment Act, saying what is happening is "sad" and he would love to see a Bangladeshi immigrant create the next unicorn in India.

His comments came while speaking to editors at a Microsoft event in Manhattan where he was asked about the contentious issue of CAA which grants citizenship to persecuted non-Muslim minorities from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan.

"I think what is happening is sad... It's just bad.... I would love to see a Bangladeshi immigrant who comes to India and creates the next unicorn in India or becomes the next CEO of Infosys," Nadella was quoted as saying by Ben Smith, the Editor-in-Chief of New York-based BuzzFeed News.

In a statement issued by Microsoft India, Nadella said: "Every country will and should define its borders, protect national security and set immigration policy accordingly. And in democracies, that is something that the people and their governments will debate and define within those bounds.

"I'm shaped by my Indian heritage, growing up in a multicultural India and my immigrant experience in the United States. My hope is for an India where an immigrant can aspire to found a prosperous start-up or lead a multinational corporation benefitting Indian society and the economy at large".

The Centre last week issued a gazette notification announcing that the CAA has come into effect from January 10, 2020.

The CAA was passed by Parliament on December 11.

According to the legislation, members of Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi and Christian communities who have come from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan till December 31, 2014 due to religious persecution will not be treated as illegal immigrants but given Indian citizenship.

There have been widespread protests against the Act in different parts of the country.

In UP, at least 19 persons were killed in anti-CAA protests. 

2 minutes ago, Sachin200 said:

Antha orema unte Bangla desam lo eyana company petti jobs istey sari

lekapothe modini follow ayi trump thatha only christians ki citizenship isthe sari

Just now, lovemystate said:

lekapothe modini follow ayi trump thatha only christians ki citizenship isthe sari

Bayata desam avani , valla desam avani turaks ekkada unna problems antaru , reason valla religion rule cheyali and Sharia law kavali etc etc bs antaru . 

Ekkada vallu happy undaru and undaleru. Neelanti vallu edavadam tappa

3 minutes ago, lovemystate said:

adenti nadella lanti bapanodni support chestunnav..

• Haha 1

Just now, Sachin200 said:

Bayata desam avani , valla desam avani turaks ekkada unna problems antaru , reason valla religion rule cheyali and Sharia law kavali etc etc bs antaru . 

Ekkada vallu happy undaru and undaleru. Neelanti vallu edavadam tappa

Plenty of muslims in Usa are very well integrated. Infact their street creds are far better than hindus in usa. Most middle easterners pretty much are white passing so they mix in the crowd. And they conduct themsevles with quiet high level of confidence. Apart from very few america values muslims anytime more than hindus. It loves saudis.

Have you seen how much access Iranians got in s386 issue ? did they look like unhappy to you - they are roaring with laughter on indians and american senetar too joined in the fun.

Dont be delusional.

2 minutes ago, Marsmangalodu said:

adenti nadella lanti bapanodni support chestunnav..

It doesnt matter in america. Akkada yemi scene vundadhu- he will happily share his lunch with fellow colleagues eating steak. if he tries and (i dont think he will he is far matured) he will lose job faster than you can spell brahmin.