Actress 'Free Hugs' to strangers to spread joy

Assam_Bhayya

Richa Chadha took to Mumbai streets with 'Free Hugs' to spread joy on National Hug Day

richa1_5680165_835x547-m.png

Actress Richa Chadha recently took to the streets for an adorable ‘social experiment’.

Despite being busy with the promotions of ‘Panga’ and other pre-production work, she tried an interesting initiative on International Hug Day.
At a time when people are seeing both the rise in extremism as well as rising awareness about social causes globally, the actress decided to go hang out at Carter Road, Bandra, to holding a hand painted ‘Free Hugs’ sign.

She wore dark glasses as she didn’t want to be recognised but just wanted to give out hugs as a citizen and not a celebrity. Although a few fans eventually did recognise her, she gave out hugs to strangers and passers-by with ease.

Richa posted saying, “#NationalHugDay. Set out to share some love, because there’s so much hate in the world atm! Like Martin Luther King said, “Darkness cannot be driven out by darkness, only light can do that ...” I hugged strangers and it was MAGIC! You see in the red sari, not only hugged me, she kissed me, and then proceeded to KISS MY FRIEND (the reason her phone shook) who was helping. Made people hug each other too... you see love is contagious! NOW I WANNA DO THIS EVERY YEAR! May be next year you can join me. Smile. Spread love!”