Calling lovemystate..

pottipotato

@lovemystate pls tell me the difference between upper middle kammas and brahmins.

why you think kammas are industrious and are job creators, and when brahmins do the same thing , they are just benefiting from the privilege of being brahmins.

How can you be anti caste when you stan for one of the most(among others) openly casteist groups in AP?

Ofcourse brahmins have privilege, but so do some others too. 

how can you be anti caste if you support kammas, reddies, kapus, komats, rajus, velamas, gowds, or many castes who openly/secretly maintain networks to benefit their people?

who are your friends, if these are your friends?

To begin with I oppose all caste based privileges. But it is really foolish and not helpful in my opinion to pretend all castes have same privilege and opposing them results in equal benefits. It is waste of time for me to spend against say vokkaligas as they dont have any real influence anywhere outside of pockets of karnataka. On the other hand brahmins are spread through the country. And they are the one who contribute maximum to its sustenance.

It is brahmins who provided the ideological and scriptural sanction for caste system. Without such scriptural sanction there is no way caste system can have this much hold. The biggest power caste system has is the concept of purity. And ofcourse brahmins give themselves the maximum purity and are closest to the god. Other castes simply try to imitate this to extents possible. But none do it to that extent.

In Ap the problem of kamma caste system or reddy casteis is relatively new. In fact the reddy caste is pretty new forming only in early 20th century. The rivalrly between these castes is more to do with groupism than anything really deep. infact if not surrounded by the overall brahminical context they would have got on well together long time back. 

If you are serious about solving caste you start with the core root or the top. But hitting on kammas or jats or reddies or nairs is a waste of time. Without india based centralized brahminism these local castes wont long last. Infact telangana would have solved its caste in 1940s itself after sayudha poratam if India did not intervene and bought back the reddy and velama landlords.

3 minutes ago, lovemystate said:

To begin with I oppose all caste based privileges. But it is really foolish and not helpful in my opinion to pretend all castes have same privilege and opposing them results in equal benefits. It is waste of time for me to spend against say vokkaligas as they dont have any real influence anywhere outside of pockets of karnataka. On the other hand brahmins are spread through the country. And they are the one who contribute maximum to its sustenance.

It is brahmins who provided the ideological and scriptural sanction for caste system. Without such scriptural sanction there is no way caste system can have this much hold. The biggest power caste system has is the concept of purity. And ofcourse brahmins give themselves the maximum purity and are closest to the god. Other castes simply try to imitate this to extents possible. But none do it to that extent.

In Ap the problem of kamma caste system or reddy casteis is relatively new. In fact the reddy caste is pretty new forming only in early 20th century. The rivalrly between these castes is more to do with groupism than anything really deep. infact if not surrounded by the overall brahminical context they would have got on well together long time back. 

If you are serious about solving caste you start with the core root or the top. But hitting on kammas or jats or reddies or nairs is a waste of time. Without india based centralized brahminism these local castes wont long last. Infact telangana would have solved its caste in 1940s itself after sayudha poratam if India did not intervene and bought back the reddy and velama landlords.

ninnu difference cheppamanandu sollu cheppamanaledu

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lovemystate said:

fair enough. Now that these landlords are back, and are in power through controlling some sectors of the economy (like media), is it smart or not to oppose them too, along with the brahmins?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, lovemystate said:

Hinduism is practised purely as a matter of tradition, a habit now. Brahmin role in Hindu life is minimal. It is true of every religion, including islam and xianity. Nobody with a sound mind takes everything a mullah says seriously, unless it is useful.

that brahmins are invited to bless participants in important occasions is just a sideshow. Its not the priests who have power now. Its industrialists, and officers of the state (from few uppercastes, including brahmins) who run the show.

1 minute ago, pottipotato said:

fair enough. Now that these landlords are back, and are in power through controlling some sectors of the economy (like media), is it smart or not to oppose them too, along with the brahmins?

I did not oppose brahmins doing their jobs. I did not even ask brahmins to be fired or anything. First wherver people enjoy access to careers or privelges based on birth must end. The most visibile and low effort high reward is priesthood. That can be done in like 6 months - everyone knows where temples are who the pujaris are. 

Regarding media owership - there is really no birth based access especially in south. its pretty much capitalist controlled. in fact apart from south - the entire media in north is under brahmin-banias. The entire english media is under brahmin-banias. It basically reflects the influential caste holding. Morover i have never seen anyone denied ad space in Eenadu or ABN because they come from some caste. So while I want more castes in media i wont call it low effort high reward. I would focus on land reform in rural areas instead. I mean what else can you do really apart from forcible nationalizing it or simply banning them.

Agricultural castes like kammas and kapus or reddie never yield land to lower castes even when it is not profitable for them to hold on to it. its the prestige that comes from land holding. Land re-distribution must be rigorousy enforced.

Once you have dalits owning land and doing priesthood in temples, and invluding other OBCs I feel it will just take a generation for change to spill over to entire society.

19 minutes ago, lovemystate said:

90% of Hindus (including these upper caste Hindus) don't care what brahmins blabber within their own groups. They have their weird rituals from the vedic eras, and present watered down versions for the masses (like in temples, marriages etc).

brahmins don't control Hinduism. All other castes have started owning the hierarchy that was presented to them. Destroying just the head of this snake, doesn't mean that the snake will die. It has the capacity to regrow and mutate into a new worse form.