NBA Thread 2019-2020

chittimallu_14

1 minute ago, SUbba LIngam said:

oh man, wat a match it was b/w mavs and clippers, stunning. definitely best nail biting match of this season. LUKA you are the man.

super match luka is beast

so the first round is almost completed... other than clippers Mavs and rockets thunder we pretty much have the outcome of all the others... Like I guessed, Lakers are too much for Blazers to handle in a 7 game series despite their first game win. Same thing with Bucks against magic despite Vucevic's dominance in game 1. Too much fire power in bucks with Giannis, Middleton and Lopez. Both the number one seeds should definitely advance in the next two games. Heat, celtics, Raptors are already through. 

My biggest disappointment so far is the sixers, I admit I didnt think this would be such an easy sweep for celtics. Maybe having Simmons would have been a different story in the series. Celtics vs Raptors should be one tasty series and I cant really call the winner there but im guessing the champions will edge past the celtics. 

I want Thunder to stroll past Rockets, I dont like Harden at all and would love to see the Rockets lose and would be fitting for Chris Paul's career at the age of 35-36

2 minutes ago, gothamprince said:

Mavs should win this game and the series . Love to see lebron vs luka in conference finals

If porzingis was playing I would bet on Dallas but he is out with injury and if paul george gets any better than no chance for Dallas... Leonard okkade aadthunnadu kasi ga in clippers and he is not getting enough help from george or others... williams, shamet are all doing their part but someone like george has to step up for clippers to stand a chance

I feel bad for Doc Rivers though, a coach of his caliber should have more championships (definitely more than the one he has)

2 hours ago, chittimallu_14 said:

If porzingis was playing I would bet on Dallas but he is out with injury and if paul george gets any better than no chance for Dallas... Leonard okkade aadthunnadu kasi ga in clippers and he is not getting enough help from george or others... williams, shamet are all doing their part but someone like george has to step up for clippers to stand a chance

I feel bad for Doc Rivers though, a coach of his caliber should have more championships (definitely more than the one he has)

i wish Lebron had a coach like Doc or Greg in his career..His resume would have been different! Pandemic P is dud for clippers but with KP being out, should be easy for Clippers. I wish both Mavs and OKC go past 1st round but less chances.

12 hours ago, islander said:

what a game man today! 2 game 7s in West. Hope OKC pull it off. I'm rooting for Heat over Bucks. that Greek fellow doesn't deserve MVP

I always rated Chris Paul as one of the best PGs ever... he is amazing and the way he is leading a relatively weaker team against rockets is amazing. IMO CP is the most intellegent PG in the NBA now, he has the best basketball IQ.

Why doesnt Giannis deserve MVP? lol... he was the best in the regular season. hands down he should be the MVP, but im not sure if NBA will let that happen since he was awarded the Defensive POY already. It would be awesome if he could bag both those awards in the same seasn. 

heat are torching the Bucks right now and the series is already 1-0 for them. If the bucks lose this one then its going to be a very tough task. Buttler and Dragic have been amazing for the Heat. 

@islander you wrote about Lebrin not having a coach like Rivers or Popovich which is true and the best coach he played under must be Spolstera, I forgot to reply you previously and just remembered your post above.

Later tonight the final game between Rockets and Thunder  :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 1:19 PM, chittimallu_14 said:

Celtics vs Raptors should be one tasty series and I cant really call the winner there but im guessing the champions will edge past the celtics. 

Celtics Raptors going down the wire... game 7 today and Im going with Boston after watching how they played the first six games... I guessed that the raports would win before the series started but celtics came big and I think they might win it today.

Lakers will ease past through small ball (more like lol ball) rockets and I hope they lose to clippers and finally everyone loses to either heat or celtics.. I dont want either of the LA teams winning the finals... 

Mixed feelings about Nuggets winning games 5 and 6...  Im happy they are doing great over a bigger team but not happy that they are draining clippers by stretching the series to 7 games... Still think the clippers might edge them tomorrow and reach the finals... but if the Nuggets win I wish hope and pray they win against the lakers. But this is a 7 game series while lakers wrapped theirs in 5 which means they get an additional 4-5 days rest and that will have a huge impact on the finals.

Anyone but either LA teams for the chip at this moment. Super excited for the east finals too between two amazing teams and Im calling Heat to win it, shows what an underrated coach Spo is.

Dragic  :wub:

On 9/1/2020 at 12:09 AM, islander said:

what a game man today! 2 game 7s in West. Hope OKC pull it off. I'm rooting for Heat over Bucks. that Greek fellow doesn't deserve MVP

Giannis won the MVP award... back to back after last year's award. Deserving imo, even though he should up his game more in the playoffs in future. 

He joins the elite company of MJ and Hakeem to win both Defensive Player and MVP awards in the same season. I wish he joins Blazers or Heat next season or stay at Bucks rather than the rumoured switch to the Warriors.