Periyar was a british stooge

pamogudu

1 minute ago, pamogudu said:

Some DK stooges in this forum cannot produce any evidence but ask the same of ppl who oppose their ideologies. Enough of atrocities against Dalits by the communites who had Periyar in their pay roll.

what proof? lol. you are just blabbering nonsense. 

I already agreed Periyar is fallible. it doesn't discount that dravidian movement has successfully transformed TN. there's still a lot of work to do, sure.

but that work can't be done by going the HIndutva way. if you agree that Hindutva is wors than trash, sure I have no problem agreeing that Periyar started a movement that didn't uplift the dalits. because I want to hear what alternative you have for dalits..

popular dalit leaders are with the DMK still, and not dummy ones.

Dravidian movement atleast empowered the numerically strong castes, which is the natural way politics works, compared to the Hindutva movement that is desperate to shift the power back to the minority brahmins. lol..

the links you post is not 'proof' of anything, because you seem to not be able to argue your case.

Just now, pottipotato said:

Dravidian movement atleast empowered the numerically strong castes, which is the natural way politics works, compared to the Hindutva movement that is desperate to shift the power back to the minority brahmins. lol..

the links you post is not 'proof' of anything, because you seem to not be able to argue your case.

Relax avvu bro. 

1 minute ago, pottipotato said:

what proof? lol. you are just blabbering nonsense. 

I already agreed Periyar is fallible. it doesn't discount that dravidian movement has successfully transformed TN. there's still a lot of work to do, sure.

but that work can't be done by going the HIndutva way. if you agree that Hindutva is wors than trash, sure I have no problem agreeing that Periyar started a movement that didn't uplift the dalits. because I want to hear what alternative you have for dalits..

popular dalit leaders are with the DMK still, and not dummy ones.

YYes successfully transformed TN where power lies with upper middle class that you so much detest. Hindutva is worse than thrash yes but Periyar movement was just to cater to his British masters and the few upper middle class communities under whose pay roll he was.

1 minute ago, pottipotato said:

The allegation of no respect for Dalit in DMK had good substance. For example, the Coimbatore-based senior Dalit DMK leader who was a contemporary of Annadurai, CT Dhandapani was once publicly insulted on the basis of his caste by the then local minister Pongalur Palanisamy and his wife, both of whom belong to the powerful OBC Kongu Vellala Gounder caste. Similarly even during the times of Justice Party, Dalit leader M.C. Rajah quit the party citing lack of sincerity in DMK towards untouchability.

The third term of M. Karunanidhi (1989 to 1991) saw the fulfilment of Vanniyar demand for a separate reservation which was denied by MGR. In 1987 Vanniyars resorted to agitation against Dalit and most backward and burned nearly 5000 huts etc. The response of the state towards such incident was quite pitiable.

The term of M Karunanidhi in 1996 was quite tough as Dalit renaissance again started to challenge him ideologically and the political chemistry between left, Puthiya Tamilagmam and Dalit Panthers of India started to worry him. During this period Southern TN faced worst caste clashes between Mukkulathors and Devendra Kula Vellalars along with Dalit which changed the political landscape of Tamil Nadu. This had pushed the culture of DMK towards caste appeasement politics.

https://myvoice.opindia.com/2018/12/anti-brahmin-upper-caste-politics-of-dmk-and-neglect-of-dalit/

dalits fell behind in DMK because of how the political structure worked. sure there are dmk people who say sh1t against dalits, but right now in TN, its the anti DMK people (naam tamizhar, specific admk vote base like thevars) that are the biggest problem for dalits.

you digging up articles that talk about sh1t 20yrs back is immaterial.

The very idea of Dravidian identity itself was conceived in 1886 by Rev. John Rathinam a Dalit priest and the Dravida Mahajana Sabha was formed in 1991 by Iyothee Thass another Dalit face.  None of these persons were ever recognized by DMK.

The Madras united league a non-Brahmin organization formed under C Natesa Mudaliar in 1912 was renamed as Dravidian association without even acknowledging the progenitors of them who were Dalit.

The non-Brahmin, upper caste culture of DMK cleverly suppressed the role of prominent leaders of Dalit such as Rettamalai Srinivasan, MC Rajah, N Sivaraj, Meenambal Sivaraj etc,

The caste politics of DMK under Karunnidhi was revolving around certain communities such as Thevar, Kongu Vellalars and Vanniyars. In many districts such as Salem, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Tuticorin, Karur, Thanjavur etc., the dominance of ministers and party leaders from the local dominant castes even Karunanidhi could not control.

In DMK, the chance of a Dalit district secretary competing against the powerful caste in the respective region was almost a day dream.

The allocation of ministerial berths was also done only on caste basis where Dalit were given only insignificant ministries like Adi Dravidar welfare or animal husbandry.

The untouchable remain untouchable in Tamil Nadu during the entire DMK regime except some symbolic gestures and DMK also brought Brahmins into the untouchable list of people.

1 minute ago, pamogudu said:

YYes successfully transformed TN where power lies with upper middle class that you so much detest. Hindutva is worse than thrash yes but Periyar movement was just to cater to his British masters and the few upper middle class communities under whose pay roll he was.

as long as you agree that Hindutva is worse than trash, I don't give a fcuk what you say about the dravidian movement.

periyar, british is all bullshit talk. dravidian movement has been coopted by certain castes is true, and I wil shed no tear for the end of dravidian politics, as long as brahmins dn't try to come back into power.

compared to them, DMK is like a million zillion times better

40 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

do you think he's a someone you can reason with? I don't know. he seems to simply troll me, without having anything to say actually.

tht guy is a racist asshole, suddenly throwing out tamil caste names without understanding of their history in the dravidian movement.

he looks like he wants to carry water for the hindutva movement, while accusing Periyar as almost Hindutva.. 

I don't know how that computes in his mind. Its clear he doesn't think through the sh1t he posts.

I agree ..He even talks to you as if you are beneath him because you are from chennai and simulatneously complaining he was discriminated by KG area people who offered their daughters in marriage to him.

Not sure why he is carrying water for hindutva brahmins as blindly as he hates kammas. maybe his mom was one and did a number on his mind.

2 minutes ago, pamogudu said:

The very idea of Dravidian identity itself was conceived in 1886 by Rev. John Rathinam a Dalit priest and the Dravida Mahajana Sabha was formed in 1991 by Iyothee Thass another Dalit face.  None of these persons were ever recognized by DMK.

The Madras united league a non-Brahmin organization formed under C Natesa Mudaliar in 1912 was renamed as Dravidian association without even acknowledging the progenitors of them who were Dalit.

The non-Brahmin, upper caste culture of DMK cleverly suppressed the role of prominent leaders of Dalit such as Rettamalai Srinivasan, MC Rajah, N Sivaraj, Meenambal Sivaraj etc,

The caste politics of DMK under Karunnidhi was revolving around certain communities such as Thevar, Kongu Vellalars and Vanniyars. In many districts such as Salem, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Tuticorin, Karur, Thanjavur etc., the dominance of ministers and party leaders from the local dominant castes even Karunanidhi could not control.

In DMK, the chance of a Dalit district secretary competing against the powerful caste in the respective region was almost a day dream.

The allocation of ministerial berths was also done only on caste basis where Dalit were given only insignificant ministries like Adi Dravidar welfare or animal husbandry.

The untouchable remain untouchable in Tamil Nadu during the entire DMK regime except some symbolic gestures and DMK also brought Brahmins into the untouchable list of people.

you are pasting all brahmin author articles, while accepting HIndutva is trash. lol.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lovemystate said:

I agree ..He even talks to you as if you are beneath him because you are from chennai and simulatneously complaining he was discriminated by KG area people who offered their daughters in marriage to him.

Not sure why he is carrying water for hindutva brahmins as blindly as he hates kammas. maybe his mom was one and did a number on his mind.

He says Hindutva is trash, and has posted purely hindutva talking points in the name of 'proof' until now.