Periyar was a british stooge

pamogudu

3 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

cheppina already detailed ga. nuvvu daanni convenient ga avoid chesi sollu vaaguthunnav.

I even said Periyar was wrong in doing that. enduku wrong oo kooda cheppa (not for the reasons you think he's wrong).

cheppina kadha.. you are either casteist, or you extremely dumb. which one?

yeah he is wrong but for property annav

mari nenu adhe cheppa gaa

1 minute ago, kidney said:

yeah he is wrong but for property annav

mari nenu adhe cheppa gaa

pls ra. nannu vadiley. nenu cheppindhi malli saduvuko. detailed ga seppa why he's wrong ani. 

my thinking is different from yours. oorikey nannu visikinchaku. 

simple ga cheppalantey... by marrying her, he was trying to become the thing he fought against all his life. He wanted the opportunity to choose the next leader of the party, when he was fighting for democracy all his life, and should have let the workers chose the leader.

other than that, I don't care about his personal reasons for marrying. Its irrelevant to politics.

periyar is not perfect. if you want only a perfect human being to question all those at the top.. no one in the world will qualify for that level of perfection.

like I asked paidithalli.. what should be done to shankara mutt leader for the nasty things he calmly says about lower caste? why is he so respected by some? 

same periyar also has created a cult around him. just because he' wrong, doesn't mean the entire movement was wrong.

5 hours ago, lovemystate said:

Kasi Pilgrimage Incident

In 1904, E.V. Ramasamy went on a pilgrimage to Kasi to visit the revered Shiva temple of Kashi Vishwanath.[1] Though regarded as one of the holiest sites of Hinduism, he witnessed immoral activities such as begging, and floating dead bodies.[1] His frustrations extended to functional Hinduism in general when he experienced what he called Brahmanic exploitation.[34]

However, one particular incident in Kasi had a profound impact on E.V. Ramasamy's ideology and future work. At the worship site there were free meals offered to guests. To E.V. Ramasamy's shock, he was refused meals at choultries, which exclusively fed Brahmins. Due to extreme hunger, E.V. Ramasamy felt compelled to enter one of the eateries disguised as a Brahmin with a sacred thread on his bare chest, but was betrayed by his moustache. The gatekeeper at the temple concluded that E.V. Ramasamy was not a Brahmin, as Brahmins were not permitted by the Hindu shastras to have moustaches. He not only prevented Periyar's entry but also pushed him rudely into the street.[1]

As his hunger became intolerable, Periyar was forced to feed on leftovers from the streets. Around this time, he realised that the eatery which had refused him entry was built by a wealthy non-Brahmin from South India.[1] This discriminatory attitude dealt a blow to Periyar's regard for Hinduism, for the events he had witnessed at Kasi were completely different from the picture of Kasi he had in mind, as a holy place which welcomed all.[1] Ramasamy was a theist until his visit to Kasi, after which his views changed and he became an atheist.[35]

Super dramatization of a story....

12 minutes ago, pottipotato said:

pls ra. nannu vadiley. nenu cheppindhi malli saduvuko. detailed ga seppa why he's wrong ani. 

my thinking is different from yours. oorikey nannu visikinchaku. 

simple ga cheppalantey... by marrying her, he was trying to become the thing he fought against all his life. He wanted the opportunity to choose the next leader of the party, when he was fighting for democracy all his life, and should have let the workers chose the leader.

other than that, I don't care about his personal reasons for marrying. Its irrelevant to politics.

periyar is not perfect. if you want only a perfect human being to question all those at the top.. no one in the world will qualify for that level of perfection.

like I asked paidithalli.. what should be done to shankara mutt leader for the nasty things he calmly says about lower caste? why is he so respected by some? 

same periyar also has created a cult around him. just because he' wrong, doesn't mean the entire movement was wrong.

so marriage chesukuntae thappa democracy property, party workers raaru antavu

ii munda personal selfish kosam 26 yrs old adopted daughter ni marry chesukunnadu antavu

ippudu ii dharidranni memu artham chesukovali antav. 

Just now, kidney said:

so marriage chesukuntae thappa democracy property, party workers raaru antavu

ii munda personal selfish kosam 26 yrs old adopted daughter ni marry chesukunnadu antavu

ippudu ii dharidranni memu artham chesukovali antav. 

pls. you are too dumb to talk to me. bye 

5 hours ago, lovemystate said:

Periyar along with Ambedkar was probably the greatest intellectual india has ever produced on its soil. The man told the truth as he saw it. Not a single lie or false came from his lips.

Please dont compare Ambedkar to Periyar..... Ambedkar didnt propage hate towards a group like Periyar.   Ambedkar didnt think only brahminism is cause for all the ill in this word and hate a group and turn others against that group like Periyar. 

2 minutes ago, proudtobeandhrite said:

Please dont compare Ambedkar to Periyar..... Ambedkar didnt propage hate towards a group like Periyar.   Ambedkar didnt think only brahminism is cause for all the ill in this word and hate a group and turn others against that group like Periyar. 

ambedkar didn't form a cult around him. Periyar did. and that was his biggest undoing.

He fcuked his own movement. but still Periyar achieved more than what Ambedkar did politically precisely because of the cult he built around him.

The entire state of TN today is thanks to Periyar's politics. 

3 minutes ago, kidney said:

one more periyar spotted:giggle:

I already said that he's wrong. why would I argue that you should understand why he did it? I just stated a fact about why he did it.

don't get too touchy dude. stick to things you know about.

1 minute ago, pottipotato said:

ambedkar didn't form a cult around him. Periyar did. and that was his biggest undoing.

He fcuked his own movement. but still Periyar achieved more than what Ambedkar did politically precisely because of the cult he built around him.

The entire state of TN today is thanks to Periyar's politics. 

He seems to be acting like a fascist, while believing in the opposite.

Just now, proudtobeandhrite said:

He seems to be acting like a fascist, while believing in the opposite.

pretty much, especially towards the end of his life. but his contribution to TN politics is immense. respect for him. despite his flaws.

1 minute ago, pottipotato said:

I already said that he's wrong. why would I argue that you should understand why he did it? I just stated a fact about why he did it.

don't get too touchy dude. stick to things you know about.

periyar might be wrong about a few things, but asalu oka awareness create chesindi South india lo athane. 

lekapothey enti bhayya even the brahmins of south india consider themselves inferior compared to the ones in the north and lick their asses, atleast periyar called it how it was.