Full time guys come here

CocaColaPepsi

2 hours ago, bobby12345 said:

Ne position  band lo chance untey performance wise increase chestaru....already max aithey you need to get promotion. ...without that they can’t increase more ...

Thanks dude.. This answers my question. I’m here only for an year but I think I made a few big contributions to the team. And I feel like I’m underpaid .. na previous two companies lo same position lo unte hike undadhu.. so asking vere companies lo promotion lekapoina 10% ala hike istara ani .. 

2 hours ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

Ma dantlo 10% kastam.  Ippati varaku nadi max 9% or so last year. 

Matter loki vaste, mee boss free ga unte you can tell openly.

I have same boss for more than 10 years so I am very close. In my case, I can tell that I want a pay hike and not a promotion. Not sure if you have that closeness.

Like Same position lone 9% hike ah? Yearly 2 or 3% kaakunda .. daani badulu 9% ichara?

4 hours ago, Scada said:

am not Sr. dev bro.. jr dev ni.. last year Jan lo elli adgina paisal penchava ani.. he told we will take care no need to ask ani 10gadu.. edo vadi asthi adiginattu.. final ga gave 10% hike in Jan additional 10% hike in May  baby_dc1

Super bro

5 hours ago, CocaColaPepsi said:

How do you ask your manager for a pay raise without promotion? Like in my scenario .. I’m a Sr Software Engineer.. either I have to get promoted to Principal Engineer or Manager to get a pay hike. 
Ippudu ma team unna situation lo I won’t get promoted, but naaku Pay hike kavali besides standard early 2 or 3% yearly hike. Ela adagali? Na previous two companies lo only promotion vasthene hike istaaru.. otherwise only yearly hike anthe.. 

Any experience? FT’s lo promotion lekapoina.. 10% hike ala istara?

Is your salary low compared to people working in the same position?  You won't receive a 10% hike unless it is less 

ikkada , most companies will have bands , next band ki velthe gani you will not get a hike 

general ga 2-3% is the norm , bonus can be 10%+ , one way managers retain people is through this bonus since the hike is peanuts

best thing is to get an offer as a lot of people mentioned , If you really want to stay in the same place (have kids etc) , then negotiate with them for promotion and higher salary

4 hours ago, argadorn said:

edhi latest trend .... ehdigo offer esthava povala ...ne istam 

4 hours ago, Amrita said:

Counter offer unnaka can go for a change no ? Same Suthi why ? Edo kothaga kuda nerchukuntam ga ? Why beg when having offer ? 

Current job ok undi pending promo untey counter offer always helps

8 minutes ago, perugu_vada said:

If not promotion LTI option aina istaru, do something that is noteworthy 

+1  LTI unda? few years unte you will kind of get money every year from then , nice to have

1 hour ago, nijamena said:

Leetcode and move on.

You can get 20% hike easily.

I’m working for one of the fortune 10 companies man. I’m here to stay for next few years. :)

It depends on the hr scale you have for that role if you are on lower bracket there is room for adjustment, if not it's tough,  you might have to ask equity (rsu) , naku oka sari lower bracketblo unte 10%correct chesaru without promotion 

10 hours ago, CocaColaPepsi said:

How do you ask your manager for a pay raise without promotion? Like in my scenario .. I’m a Sr Software Engineer.. either I have to get promoted to Principal Engineer or Manager to get a pay hike. 
Ippudu ma team unna situation lo I won’t get promoted, but naaku Pay hike kavali besides standard early 2 or 3% yearly hike. Ela adagali? Na previous two companies lo only promotion vasthene hike istaaru.. otherwise only yearly hike anthe.. 

Any experience? FT’s lo promotion lekapoina.. 10% hike ala istara?

Steps....

Step 1. identify the gaps your project / product 

Step 2. if you find small gap also, project it as big thing (with your demo skills)

Step 3. Do a POC to fill the gap

Step 4. give vigorous demos to every one about ur poc ( no matter of who is interested or not)

Stpe 5. make sure your POC become production. No matter of what keep maintain your ownership on that poc / product ( if possible go below the belt).

Step 6. Ask junior assoc under you to maintain that poc ( aka project)

Step 7. Improve that product, and ask more resources or cry for hike or ask promotion.

ivvanni cheyakunda ..dont beg promotion....we are in USA....competitive ness matters 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

Steps....

Step 1. identify the gaps your project / product 

Step 2. if you find small gap also, project it as big thing (with your demo skills)

Step 3. Do a POC to fill the gap

Step 4. give vigorous demos to every one about ur poc ( no matter of who is interested or not)

Stpe 5. make sure your POC become production. No matter of what keep maintain your ownership on that poc / product ( if possible go below the belt).

Step 6. Ask junior assoc under you to maintain that poc ( aka project)

Step 7. Improve that product, and ask more resources or cry for hike or ask promotion.

ivvanni cheyakunda ..dont beg promotion....we are in USA....competitive ness matters 

Well said