DB Atheists, what’s your source of strength?

redsox

11 hours ago, proudtobeandhrite said:

Aren't atheists believers too?   Believers believe in many things which could be a  religion, ant religion,  science, anti science , God, nature, gurujis etc etc.

Every living being in this world believes something. Belief is the thing that makes life keep moving...

Atheists believe in things that can be proved or verified or things that can be explained or hypothesized in a rational way.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, proudtobeandhrite said:

Mathematics and its theorems could be treated as magic by an uneducated person since he doesn't understand the logic. To the mater of fact, any theories (not only maths but could in philosophy etc etc) that were formed based on observations (or comparative studies) are not logical in nature (since they are not proven yet).  Likewise, a superstition could be formed based on an observation, which cannot be proved by know science. Some superstitions which are proved by know since is not called superstition anymore. Like the uneducated guy who cannot understand mathematical theorem, you may not be understanding the logic behind the superstition since you it cannot be prove it by the science known to you.  Does that mean people who follow superstition is wrong? 

I am not questioning you. I am just prolonging this conversation to improve my rational thinking ;) 

The problem is with “blind faith”. Like how believers don’t even try to understand or explore difficult things. Like how they simply attribute everything to a big daddy.

2 hours ago, Ellen said:

Agnostic atheist here. I believe in positive energy. During tough times i try to stay focused on anticipating goodness, happiness and positive thinking. That's what keeps me going. 

It doesn’t explain the agnost part 😄

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, redsox said:

When you are going through tough times 😄

anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger - Nietzsche..

I try to listen to this podcast on Nietzche and frankfurt school.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, redsox said:

It doesn’t explain the agnost part 😄

I'm more of a "soft" agnost. I do not strongly know about the existence of God. None of the texts I read convinced me enough. At the same time I'm not a very strong atheist, where I outrightly reject the existence. Because there is no evidence to prove them both.

So my agnosticism helps me remotely tame the thought that, there "may be" a grand scheme; and definitely, nurturing positive energy and sending out positive thoughts did workout for me during difficult times

2 minutes ago, Ellen said:

I'm more of a "soft" agnost. I do not strongly know about the existence of God. None of the texts I read convinced me enough. At the same time I'm not a very strong atheist, where I outrightly reject the existence. Because there is no evidence to prove them both.

So my agnosticism helps me remotely tame the thought that, there "may be" a grand scheme; and definitely, nurturing positive energy and sending out positive thoughts did workout for me during difficult times

Makes sense 😄

On 1/31/2020 at 6:25 PM, redsox said:

The problem is with “blind faith”. Like how believers don’t even try to understand or explore difficult things. Like how they simply attribute everything to a big daddy.

Do you hate every one who have "blind faith"? or Do you think you hate people who don't TRY to understand. Second section of people just willfully Ignore things. I believe you hate WILLFUL IGNORANTs.  Not all "blind faith" people are WILLFUL IGNORANTs.