15th FC report: Andhra Pradesh to West Bengal, who gets how much |

bhaigan

Some people claim that certain states contribute more to the union and get back very less from the union, its just that such states are sitting on sweet spot or perhaps, meager luck.

All the note worthy states are in the south, hostile environment and stable, abundant shoreline and seaports, infrastructure, comparatively sparse and growing population than norther plains, more educational facilities, more exposure to business climate, etc

Why would any manufacturing company wants to set up base in a state like UP which does not have anything ? Imagine a steel mill or heavy industry, they would prefer Maharashtra,Tamil Nadu than UP/Bihar solely because of port infrastructure they have, which is a geographical luck factor.

6 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

Lets just compare in real terms, two states. Arunachal Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.

apart from population, Arunachal Pradesh is completely terrain, weather hazards, is not infrastructure friendly, has border with china, has no sea ports, has no proper road connectivity, forget airports, integration with in India is negligible, most of the population is tribal, local economy feeds the population. 

In real terms, to feed the local population, you would barely need few thosands of crores but to being in a terrain environment, The governments needs to spend more and more on securing the border because of the reasons well knows and local economy contribution is also negligible. 

Where as Tamil Nadu is better positioned which has many advantages than Arunachal Pradesh, Don't you think a progressive state like Tamil Nadu should contribute bit more for a state which is challenged in every aspect ?

Or Do you think Tamil Nadu should fight for the 1 rupee which it has contributed ? 

If that is the case, federal does not need to collect taxes, instead collecting a rupee and giving it back again, its better not to collect and ask the states to earn their own rupee and spend their own rupee, then how will we feed the states which are desperate and destitute ?

How come TN is getting more taxes than AP but the numbers are almost same ?

Just now, bhaigan said:

How come TN is getting more taxes than AP but the numbers are almost same ?

It appears AP and TN to be almost same but there may be difference in the numbers... 

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

It appears AP and TN to be almost same but there may be difference in the numbers... 

Nope TN is getting more tax returns than AP like 2k to 3k crores more

2 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

Nope TN is getting more tax returns than AP like 2k to 3k crores more

May be...like I said AP and TN are not same in numbers even though they appear similar in size, population, arrears, tax collections and adjustments etc.

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

May be...like I said AP and TN are not same in numbers even though they appear similar in size, population, arrears, tax collections and adjustments etc.

Exactly I guess population is the main barrier

2 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

Exactly I guess population is the main barrier

2001 census anukunta budget ki consideration ga teesukunadi

or I think it was 1981

7 hours ago, bhaigan said:

chart

2 questions:

1) So, overall the amount center distributes grew from 6,56,036 Crores to  7,84,180 Crores? Which is almost a 20% increase? These numbers doesn't look realistic at all.

2) I thought the 15th FC told to distribute 41% (instead of 42%). So, the numbers reflect a 22.44% growth 

2scawx.gif

7 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

You really can't compare Auranachal Pradesh with Andhra Pradesh...mainly because of its terrain and strategic location with absolutely no contribution towards economy...

We lost development being with tg