How did you start drinking alcohol and what is your relationship with it

Scada

5 minutes ago, BostonBullodu said:

Oban try chestha pending unde  lagavulin tage antha rich kadu le broo

ardberg uigeadail try chestha next 

It depends on your taste buds. I like drink petted scotch sitting outside it is cold.

16 minutes ago, galiraju said:

It depends on your taste buds. I like drink petted scotch sitting outside it is cold.

nee lekka maak bhi tenure vundi GC lu vunte gade chestam ani antunna db uth 

Sorry long post

first taste was McDowells on ice in Engineering. Felt very good with the buzz. A few friends of mine and other folks had Macallan which his father got from overseas... it was too good. It was Mac 12. Smoking plus whiskey was like utopia for me during that time. In Engg, I drank kadapa strong and madras masala Rs 25 brands with mixture packet too...just to know what goes into them. The kick that they give is something ecstatic. but to drink those for longer periods is not good for health.

never liked beer...but beer was refreshing to hang on to when partying or in restaurants. but my love stayed with whiskey. 

While in India the highest I tasted was Balevenie portwood 21. this was a complex drink with lingering taste of port wine. (i didnt know what port was until then). Then I tasted jack daniels..liked for a bit then it was harsh never went to it for nearly 4 years. 

Continued to drink single malts, single barrels, cask strength, finished barrels.. this is when it hit me that I love sherry/ pedro ximenez finished whiskeys. it was an instant hit in the world too. Macallan Sherry 30 goes for 4500. Ofcourse I cant afford it and settled for Mac18 sherry. 

Then sherry cask strengths like Aberlour Abunadh, Glenfarclas 105, Some special bottlings Signatory and Cadenheads are my favorite till date. 

Then I accidentally drank Amrut Cask strength, Amrut peated cask strength at an event... peated cask strength was marvelous. it was like smoking cigar and drinking whiskey at sametime... finished a bottle in 2 weeks. Intermediate sherry by Amrut was super too. Greedy Angels by Amrut is the ultimate thing which I plan to buy this March end

One day, I tasted an old fitzgerald Bottled in bond 13 yr bourbon, it was excellent. Bourbon is corn based,,so it has its sweetness but the complexity comes from aging it..and this one had butterscotchish orangy tang feel. then I continued to look for more bourbons and drink all good one whenver I can from george tstagg, eaglerare17, sazerac18, william laru weller, all variants of pappy van winkles and the best among all bourbons is 8+ yr age state Willett Family Estate. 

In Japanese I like HIBIKI 12,17 and 21. 21 is the the best.  Hakushu and Yamazaki 18 come closer next. 

PS: I drink whiskey NEAT. no ice no water and "I am not money rich but always WHISKEY Rich"

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, chicchara said:

Sorry long post

first taste was McDowells on ice in Engineering. Felt very good with the buzz. A few friends of mine and other folks had Macallan which his father got from overseas... it was too good. It was Mac 12. Smoking plus whiskey was like utopia for me during that time. In Engg, I drank kadapa strong and madras masala Rs 25 brands with mixture packet too...just to know what goes into them. The kick that they give is something ecstatic. but to drink those for longer periods is not good for health.

never liked beer...but beer was refreshing to hang on to when partying or in restaurants. but my love stayed with whiskey. 

While in India the highest I tasted was Balevenie portwood 21. this was a complex drink with lingering taste of port wine. (i didnt know what port was until then). Then I tasted jack daniels..liked for a bit then it was harsh never went to it for nearly 4 years. 

Continued to drink single malts, single barrels, cask strength, finished barrels.. this is when it hit me that I love sherry/ pedro ximenez finished whiskeys. it was an instant hit in the world too. Macallan Sherry 30 goes for 4500. Ofcourse I cant afford it and settled for Mac18 sherry. 

Then sherry cask strengths like Aberlour Abunadh, Glenfarclas 105, Some special bottlings Signatory and Cadenheads are my favorite till date. 

Then I accidentally drank Amrut Cask strength, Amrut peated cask strength at an event... peated cask strength was marvelous. it was like smoking cigar and drinking whiskey at sametime... finished a bottle in 2 weeks. Intermediate sherry by Amrut was super too. Greedy Angels by Amrut is the ultimate thing which I plan to buy this March end

One day, I tasted an old fitzgerald Bottled in bond 13 yr bourbon, it was excellent. Bourbon is corn based,,so it has its sweetness but the complexity comes from aging it..and this one had butterscotchish orangy tang feel. then I continued to look for more bourbons and drink all good one whenver I can from george tstagg, eaglerare17, sazerac18, william laru weller, all variants of pappy van winkles and the best among all bourbons is 8+ yr age state Willett Family Estate

In Japanese I like HIBIKI 12,17 and 21. 21 is the the best.  Hakushu and Yamazaki 18 come closer next. 

PS: I drink whiskey NEAT. no ice no water and "I am not money rich but always WHISKEY Rich"

9XErIf.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chicchara said:

Sorry long post

One day, I tasted an old fitzgerald Bottled in bond 13 yr bourbon, it was excellent. Bourbon is corn based,,so it has its sweetness but the complexity comes from aging it..and this one had butterscotchish orangy tang feel. then I continued to look for more bourbons and drink all good one whenver I can from george tstagg, eaglerare17, sazerac18, william laru weller, all variants of pappy van winkles and the best among all bourbons is 8+ yr age state Willett Family Estate

PS: I drink whiskey NEAT. no ice no water

Y5z90.gif

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, chicchara said:

Sorry long post

One day, I tasted an old fitzgerald Bottled in bond 13 yr bourbon, it was excellent. Bourbon is corn based,,so it has its sweetness but the complexity comes from aging it..and this one had butterscotchish orangy tang feel. then I continued to look for more bourbons and drink all good one whenver I can from george tstagg, eaglerare17, sazerac18, william laru weller, all variants of pappy van winkles and the best among all bourbons is 8+ yr age state Willett Family Estate. 

Idi Wikipedia lekka undi ankul. Note cheskoni try chesta 😀

13 minutes ago, chicchara said:

Sorry long post

prapancham lo unna brands anni kalipi oka story raasinattu undhi 

Sure man Feel free to pm me for any suggestions on whiskey. Like what to take to India, cheapest stores, best value for less price drinks or any questions. I can guide you to correct whiskeys.

2 minutes ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

Idi Wikipedia lekka undi ankul. Note cheskoni try chesta 😀

This is what I feel about alcohol..

Its like a hot young restless girl friend/stripper...that always wants to make you go beyond your limits. But to realize that its in your own will power to control yourselves and enjoy it while being happy and healthy is the key to longevity of that relationship