H4 Extension

chicagosubbu

Hi there,

Has anyone applied with h4 extension recently,can you please let me k ow the processes to file for extension  or a website to follow 

*** Serious reply’s only.... please *******

8 minutes ago, chicagosubbu said:

Hi there,

Has anyone applied with h4 extension recently,can you please let me k ow the processes to file for extension  or a website to follow 

own lite.. better to consult attorney.  

11 minutes ago, chicagosubbu said:

Hi there,

We filed H4 extension through an attorney along with H1b extension in December.

H1b got approved in premium.

H4 got a biometrics notification/appointment letter date by mail few days after H1b approval.

H4 attended the biometrics in a nearby office address given on the appointment letter.

Its been 1 month but still waiting for H4 approval.

I heard there are two ways for H4 extension but not sure if its true:

1) if you have no travel plans file H4 extension - Form I-539, Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status

2) if you have travel plans and planning for visa renewal, H4 can be extended based on your H1 approval notice by attending visa interview. This way we can save money on H4 extension process and attorney fees. But I am not sure of this process.

13 minutes ago, chicagosubbu said:

Hi there,

Recent ga chesina, and that too premium along with my application. 

h1 approved in 3 days..

H4 biometrics took more than 3 months but wife went to India in between and got stamping theee itself. 

my sincere advise - send India & get stamping done. It’s the easiest process at this moment and after coming back, u can apply for EAD if applicable.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chinna84 said:

Recent ga chesina, and that too premium along with my application. 

took more than 3 months but wife went to India in between and got stamping theee itself. 

my sincere advise - send India & get stamping done. It’s the easiest process at this moment and after coming back, u can apply for EAD if applicable.

This way (by going to stamping) we can save money on application fees and attorney when applying in USA right?

3 minutes ago, kumar4world said:

We filed H4 extension through an attorney along with H1b extension in December.

H1b got approved in premium.

H4 got a biometrics notification/appointment letter date by mail few days after H1b approval.

H4 attended the biometrics in a nearby office address given on the appointment letter.

Its been 1 month but still waiting for H4 approval.

I heard there are two ways for H4 extension but not sure if its true:

1) if you have no travel plans file H4 extension - Form I-539, Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status

2) if you have travel plans, H4 can be extended based on your H1 approval notice. This way we can save money on H4 extension process and attorney fees. But I am not sure of this process.

Oct 30 ki biometrics done.. still waiting for approval.. slow as f unnaru calif center