Where is humanity :( poor people still suffer

kakatiya

ఇదేనా అంతిమ‘సంస్కారం’!

రాత్రంతా ఓ పేదవాడి కన్నీటి ధార
భార్య మృతదేహం వద్ద జాగారం
అందరూ ఉన్నా అనాథగా రోడ్డు పక్కన ఖననం

ఇదేనా అంతిమ‘సంస్కారం’!

న్యూస్‌టుడే, షాద్‌నగర్‌, కొందుర్గు: కట్టుకున్న భర్త పక్కనే ఉన్నాడు.. చనిపోయిన భార్యను చూసి కన్నీరు పెట్టడం తప్ప ఏమీ చేయలేకపోతున్నాడు.. ఆ రాత్రి వేళలో ఎవరికీ కనిపించని కన్నీటి ధారలు.. కాళ్లు పట్టుకున్నా కనికరించని వాహనదారులు.. ఇదీ అతడి దీన స్థితి. తెల్లవారగానే కన్న వారు వస్తారు... కన్న తల్లిని తీసుకెళ్లి అంతిమ సంస్కారాలు చేస్తారు అనుకుంటే స్థోమత లేదని కొడుకు.. తమ వాళ్లు ఒప్పుకోరని అల్లుడు అనడంతో స్థానికులు వేసుకున్న చందాలతో అనాథ మాదిరి రోడ్డు పక్కన మృతదేహాన్ని ఖననం చేయాల్సి వచ్చింది. పేదరికమే బంధనమై బంధాలు.. అనుబంధాలు చేష్టలుడిగి చూసిన దైన్యమిది. రంగారెడ్డి జిల్లా కొందుర్గు మండల కేంద్రంలో ప్రతి ఒక్కరినీ కదిలించిన విషాదమిది. పరిగి మండలం శివారెడ్డిపేటకు చెందిన దంపతులు జంగయ్య (52), సత్యమ్మ (48) బతుకుదెరువు వెతుక్కుంటూ హైదరాబాదుకు చేరారు. వీరికి కొడుకు, కూతురు సంతానం. కొడుకు ఆటో డ్రైవర్‌గా శంషాబాదులో జీవనం సాగిస్తున్నాడు. కూతురు కొందుర్గు మండలం వీరసముద్రంలో నివాసం ఉంటోంది. సత్యమ్మ పసిరికల జబ్బుతో కొంత కాలంగా ఇబ్బంది పడుతోంది. కొద్ది రోజుల క్రితం దంపతులు కూతురి వద్దకు వచ్చారు. శుక్రవారం సాయంత్రం భార్య తీవ్ర అస్వస్థతకు గురికావడంతో ఆమెను తీసుకుని భర్త షాద్‌నగర్‌ కమ్యూనిటీ ఆసుపత్రికి ప్రయాణమయ్యాడు. ఆటోలో బయల్దేరగా ఆమె దారిలోనే కన్ను మూసింది. శవాన్ని తాను తీసుకెళ్లేది లేదంటూ ఆటో డ్రైవర్‌ మృతదేహాన్ని రంగసముద్రం రోడ్డు పక్కన వదిలేశాడు. జంగయ్య వచ్చిన వాహనాన్నల్లా ఆపుతున్నాడు. చివరికి ఓ ఆటోట్రాలీ డ్రైవర్‌ ఆపగా కాళ్లావేళ్లా పడడంతో జాలిపడి మృతదేహాన్ని కొందుర్గు బస్టాండు వద్ద దించాడు. అప్పటికే అర్ధరాత్రి అయింది. దిక్కుతోచని స్థితిలో భార్య శవానికి కాపలాకాస్తూ రాత్రంతా గడిపాడు. తెల్లారినా పరిస్థితిలో మార్పులేదు. అక్కడికి చేరిన కొందరు అతని అల్లుడికి, కొడుకుకు సమాచారం ఇచ్చారు. కుటుంబసభ్యులు తమ గ్రామంలో ఖననానికి ఒప్పుకోరని అల్లుడు, తన దగ్గర రూపాయి కూడా లేదని కొడుకు అనడంతో స్థానికులు చందాలు పోగు చేశారు. రూ.9వేలు జమచేసి రోడ్డు పక్కన గల ప్రభుత్వ స్థలంలో ఆమెను ఖననం చేశారు. పాతికేళ్లు తనకు తోడై, నీడై నిలిచినా కనీసం ఖననం చేయలేని స్థితిలో ఉన్న భర్త.. కనిపెంచిన కొడుకు, కూతురు సమక్షంలో.. కదిలిపోయి కన్నీళ్లు పెట్టిన హృదయాలకు నమస్కరిస్తూ మట్టిలో కలిసిపోయింది ఆ పేదమహిళ సత్యమ్మ

THE POWER OF LOVE WILL PROBABLY NEVER OVERCOME THE LOVE OF POWER

Contrib-125x125.jpg
6 years ago

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace,” is a quote attributed to the well-known artist Jimi Hendrix.

The words love and power caught my eye when I first came across this quote. I recognized what I saw and I had to say it out loud a couple times before I realized its deep meaning.

“When the power of love…” — I like this because it gives love a source of power to begin with. Love is one of the most potent responses a human being can share with someone.

Then, ”..Overcomes the love of power — This is where I saw love go from potent to just seriously poisonous. If love is a response of human beings and our love is focused on power, there is no love; there is no connection — just a drive for control and no sympathetic real feel of love.

So, after sitting and dwelling on this quote for a while, I realized something. The world does not love its people the way it should.

Erin D’Aleo / Graphics Editor: Ricciardi compares a Jimi Hendrix quote to the United States of America and the love the government does not show its people.

ERIN D’ALEO / GRAPHICS EDITOR:
RICCIARDI COMPARES A JIMI HENDRIX QUOTE TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE LOVE THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT SHOW ITS PEOPLE.

Therefore, we do not live in peace, but instead we watch families live in hunger, die without ever seeing a doctor’s care, or are given a gun and told to go kill overseas.

We do not live in peace, because the love of power is too strong, and the power of love…well, where is it?

On Dictionary.com love is described as a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. Another description is a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child or friend.

When looking into Hendrix’s words, I found someone else had shared this knowledge. BetterWorld.net had written, “We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace,” William Gladstone said in the 1800’s.

Gladstone was right that peace is a blessing. I really wish that part stayed with Hendrix when he reworded it. Peace brings happiness and mercy and that is exactly what a blessing is. I like to think that one day I will live in a peaceful world — one with no war, maybe one where parents won’t leave their children, or one where the sick could be treated, covered by health care or not.

Focusing on this nationally, if the U.S. people loved us — if they loved their people, then why is health care one of the most profiting businesses in this country?

We deny sick people coverage because we think they will cost too much money to treat. We don’t put your dying mother or father on the list for donors because United Health One, Assurant Health or any other health insurance company doesn’t cover them.

Health care is for the profit, not the people. It’s for the power and control, not the love and care.

Claire Andre and Manuel Velasquez wrote an article on scu.edu and told Americans’ stories.

The article read, “In Alameda County, a private hospital turned away a woman in labor because the hospital’s computer showed that she didn’t have insurance. Hours later, her baby was born dead in a county hospital.”

I’m sure that woman loved her baby, and would’ve loved being a mother.

But clearly “We the people,” do not love others enough to let go of the money and power this countrywide company is providing.

Andre and Velasquez said in their article, “Further, critics of health care for profit maintain that all persons have a right to live their lives with dignity. Mixing business with medicine will inevitably lead to abuses that violate patient dignity. A patient is in a vulnerable position, necessarily trusting that the doctor’s decisions about his or her medical care will be guided solely by the patient’s best interests. But in a system of for-profit health care, doctors will become subject to the control of lay managers accountable to share-holders whose primary aim is making a profit.  Such hospitals will encourage doctors to promote profit-producing drugs, surgeries, tests and treatments. And, medical treatments and counseling lacking profit potential, however effective, will be discouraged. Even more worrisome are physicians who themselves own the facilities they operate. Doctors owning dialysis centers, for example, have been accused of putting patients on dialysis sooner than necessary and putting off kidney transplants that would eliminate the need for dialysis altogether.”

The quote above really said it all for me. Patients are manipulated and aren’t being treated in the right ways. The doctor only sees a profit, not a person.

These types of people are harming society, but are being encouraged to act this way by higher authorities.

How can society be so unethical? You look for the best in things, such as when they talk about prices of health care going down and such, but you never see these promises come true.

The article continues, “The amount we spend on health care every year has grown from $75 billion in 1980 to nearly $500 billion today. If this rate continues, by the year 2020, we will be spending 40 cents of every dollar we make on health care.”

It also said there are currently 37 million people in the United States living without health insurance because they cannot afford it.

Look to your right. Now look to your left. If there is someone there you love and care for, imagine them gone.

They’re gone because the U.S. government controls the system and we don’t even know where to start looking to change it.

They’re gone because a doctor wouldn’t take them in.

They’re gone because the power of love has not, and probably never will, overcome the love of power.

8 minutes ago, BeautyQueen said:

Em rasaru matteru I cannot read telugu.. i saw the pic and felt bad

Wife ni hospital Ki teeskelthunte she died on the way, auto le ne. Autowala got rid of them (as he didn’t want to take a  dead body in his auto) road meeda. After That someone Dropped them at the bus station. Night Antha he had to sit next to his wife’s dead body trying to reach out to his son and son-in-law. Those assholes gave various reasons and didn’t even help. So he had to bury his wife by getting money from people around.

20 minutes ago, redsox said:

Wife ni hospital Ki teeskelthunte she died on the way, auto le ne. Autowala got rid of them (as he didn’t want to take a  dead body in his auto) road meeda. After That someone Dropped them at the bus station. Night Antha he had to sit next to his wife’s dead body trying to reach out to his son and son-in-law. Those assholes gave various reasons and didn’t even help. So he had to bury his wife by getting money from people around.

Ayyoooo😢😢😢 

heart-breaking!!!! Indhulo okkadiki kuda kanikaram ledhu except the ppl who gave money. 

Elanti vatiki go fund me pettina tappu ledu. Organizations ila collect chesi ila really need lo unnavallaki iste people will come forward to donate. So sad for that uncle :( 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Scada said:

paisa me paramatma brother..

Koduku, alludu rakapovatam enti .. mother kosam koduku rada LK.. shapam pedatha vadu elaghe road meedha dikku leni chavu savali ani . Too much

7 minutes ago, BeautyQueen said:

Ayyoooo😢😢😢 

heart-breaking!!!! Indhulo okkadiki kuda kanikaram ledhu except the ppl who gave money. 

What if no body gave money: 

think about it.

He might have put the body in the soil with his own hands somehow.......god will give instructions to him to give send off by digging the grave.

That's the future of world.

1 minute ago, BeautyQueen said:

Koduku, alludu rakapovatam enti .. mother kosam koduku rada LK.. shapam pedatha vadu elaghe road meedha dikku leni chavu savali ani . Too much

Koduku said no money alludu said their village lo cant cremate. Govt land on road lo pudchi khananam chesaru.