• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agnes

• redsox

• Ellen

• BeautyQueen

Popular Days

5 hours ago, redsox said:

'Parasite' earned four wins, including best picture, while '1917' nabbed three honors at the 92nd Academy Awards.

On Sunday night in Los Angeles, Neon's Parasite made history as the first non-English language film to win best picture at the Oscars.

The film nabbed four wins in total at the 92nd Academy Awards, including for director Bong Joon Ho, international feature film and original screenplay. Universal's 1917 nabbed three wins, for visual effects, cinematography and sound mixing. 

Another three films earned two honors each. Warner Bros.' Joker won in the acting category for Joaquin Phoenix and for original score. Sony's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood won for Brad Pitt in the supporting actor category and for production design. 20th Century's Ford v Ferrari won for film editing and sound editing.

Renée Zellweger claimed the best actress win for Roadside Attractions' Judy, Laura Dern earned a win for Netflix's Marriage Storyin the supporting actress category, while Taika Waititi claimed the adapted screenplay honor for Searchlight's JoJo Rabbit.

Pixar's Toy Story 4 nabbed the animated feature prize, while Paramount's Rocketmanwon for original song. 

The full list of Oscar winners is below:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/lists/oscar-winners-2020-updating-live-full-list-1275973

I have watched Joker, Parasite and 1917 in theatres without expectation on day 1 of its release. Liked all of them. Ippudu oscar ochindi ani soostharu manollu,  emundi baa dantlo antaru ochi

Nak parasite chala nachindi. Screenplay was unique. There are very few movies like it where , cinema aipoyina konni rojulaki kuda visuals ala kalla mundu undadam. Train to Busan, battle royale , spirited away....ilantivi konni. Konni konni scenes aite while watching i forgot my surroundings...like valla owners velpoyaka party cheskune sequence mottam. I know it's not very popular opinion, but I'm just explaining why this felt like a great movie 

1 minute ago, Ellen said:

Nak parasite chala nachindi. Screenplay was unique. There are very few movies like it where , cinema aipoyina konni rojulaki kuda visuals ala kalla mundu undadam. Train to Busan, battle royale , spirited away....ilantivi konni. Konni konni scenes aite while watching i forgot my surroundings...like valla owners velpoyaka party cheskune sequence mottam. I know it's not very popular opinion, but I'm just explaining why this felt like a great movie 

It is a very popular opinion that it is a great movie. I've been hearing about this movie for the past 6 months. oka 1 month back aey choosa poru padaleka

I think it should be classified as horror

2 hours ago, jajjanaka_jandri said:

I have watched Joker, Parasite and 1917 in theatres without expectation on day 1 of its release. Liked all of them. Ippudu oscar ochindi ani soostharu manollu,  emundi baa dantlo antaru ochi

haha.. nijam. blind ga velli koorchoni choosey cinema baavuntey aa maja veru.

I had that experience with Sleepy Hollow. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Agnes said:

It is a very popular opinion that it is a great movie. I've been hearing about this movie for the past 6 months. oka 1 month back aey choosa poru padaleka

I think it should be classified as 

That is interesting. Although horror classification gurinchi i may have to disagree. Thriller -100% yes

Just now, Ellen said:

That is interesting. Although horror classification gurinchi i may have to disagree. Thriller -100% yes

The movie asks the simple question - Who is the parasite?

the answer is, everyone in that movie is. The entire society is full of parasitic relationships, not exchanges between equals.

and everyone pays the price. in that movie, both families do pay the price for it.

2 minutes ago, Agnes said:

the answer is, everyone in that movie is. The entire society is full of parasitic relationships, not exchanges between equals.

and everyone pays the price. in that movie, both families do pay the price for it.

That is exactly what the movie conveys.. kani nak horror ani enduku annaro ardham kaaledu. Probably i have a narrow vision of horror...i feel horror genre movies are those that evoke fear...so aah angle lo nak ala anipiyaledu

1 minute ago, Ellen said:

That is exactly what the movie conveys.. kani nak horror ani enduku annaro ardham kaaledu. Probably i have a narrow vision of horror...i feel horror genre movies are those that evoke fear...so aah angle lo nak ala anipiyaledu

because I live in a house like that. and I've been paranoid for the past 7yrs that I'll be killed one day by someone who had a bad day.

12 minutes ago, Agnes said:

bollywood lo dalits and brahmins tho same story theesthe workout avthada??

Ee madhya Oscars lo samanthara nyayam jaragatam ledhu mostly white people show ayipoyindi ani vimarsalu vasthunnayi kadha. Can that be one of the reasons this film was awarded best feature film

3 minutes ago, batman2 said:

bollywood lo dalits and brahmins tho same story theesthe workout avthada??

No. may be in 40-50yrs if India grows at the current rate.

if it grows faster, then in 20-30yrs.

people who do household work in India come from low income housing which is not as packed as in seoul or hongkong

3 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

Ee madhya Oscars lo samanthara nyayam jaragatam ledhu mostly white people show ayipoyindi ani vimarsalu vasthunnayi kadha. Can that be one of the reasons this film was awarded best feature film

awards for movies aey bullshit. who is anyone to judge that a particular work of art deserves more recognition than others. 

lyt

2 minutes ago, Agnes said:

No. may be in 40-50yrs if India grows at the current rate.

if it grows faster, then in 20-30yrs.

people who do household work in India come from low income housing which is not as packed as in seoul or hongkong

i am talking abt making a movie