Help me

Cathedral

1 minute ago, Agnes said:

my response was casually (poorly) structured. Also I used the wrong phrase 'self discovery'. I don't think there is anything worthy of discovering in oneself.

I meant to say trying to find out how systems work, and what your place (which is mostly the reason for depression in humans) in it is a depressing journey to indulge in, and none of your loved ones could save you if embark on it.

I don't subscribe to any belief that puts self over others. 

But one still needs to know the purpose of their lives, which you get by retrospection and introspection. 

2 minutes ago, Cathedral said:

But one still needs to know the purpose of their lives, which you get by retrospection and introspection. 

There is no purpose to life. Nor is there one to the universe. 

to believe otherwise is just blind faith. Its much more exciting find what surprises universe has in store for us in various corners, than to believe in one single overarching theme that is going to tie everything up together so you can make sense of it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Agnes said:

There is no purpose to life. Nor is there one to the universe. 

to believe otherwise is just blind faith. Its much more exciting find what surprises universe has in store for us in various corners, than to believe in one single overarching theme that is going to tie everything up together so you can make sense of it.

What is the purpose of living, if there is no purpose of your life? Might as well die, if you don't have a purpose. 

4 minutes ago, Cathedral said:

I think all religions, all spiritual musings, aim to keep mind in its infant stage by feeding the hope that life is worth living, and that there's some meaning at the end of it all.

but this thought affects every level of our society. The most aggressive use it to justify their bullshit with excuses of serving this mythical 'survival of the fittest'. and those at the top of hierarchy justify their status with notions that humans need a purpose, guiding force, a leader.

but humans dont need any of that. Its all just conditioning over 1000s of yrs. It only prevents us from exploring all possibilities, and makes us stuck in a swamp of mediocrity.

because those who capture power using these myths are most often fools. and even if they were smart, they can't handle the complexity of the human social systems to keep us going.

4 minutes ago, Cathedral said:

What is the purpose of living, if there is no purpose of your life? Might as well die, if you don't have a purpose. 

I can chose the purpose of my life. I aim to transcend being human and become god.

but I didn't have to look deep into myself to chose that purpose. I chose whatever is hardest to achieve, so I won't get bored pretty soon.

3 hours ago, BeautyQueen said:

Naku thochindi cheppa :( 

I just meant, even if you care about someone in depression, its better not to advise them. if you really care, listen. Or move on.

also, this guy isn't in depression. He's one of the most cheerful guys in this db. full of hope in life. atleast thats what he comes across.

There's this recent movie I saw 'Super Deluxe'... I couldn't sit through its entirety ofcourse.. so I FF'ed the entire thing in 15 min.

At the end, a young girl concludes the movie with the msg that

" im waiting for humans to realise that everyone is the same. The cells in your body think they are unique, but they all combine to form you, right" -  lol. so wrong. everyone is not the same. and cells are unique. also they can't think

"the distance between electrons going around the nucleus is in proportion to the distance between planets that revolve around the sun" -  who writes such bullshit.

this is the kind of profound bullshit you risk falling into if you don't stick to science, or things you actually know and feel.

21 minutes ago, Agnes said:

I can chose the purpose of my life. I aim to transcend being human and become god.

but I didn't have to look deep into myself to chose that purpose. I chose whatever is hardest to achieve, so I won't get bored pretty soon.

Who is God and why do you want that?