Help me

Cathedral

11 minutes ago, Agnes said:

There's this recent movie I saw 'Super Deluxe'... I couldn't sit through its entirety ofcourse.. so I FF'ed the entire thing in 15 min.

At the end, a young girl concludes the movie with the msg that

" im waiting for humans to realise that everyone is the same. The cells in your body think they are unique, but they all combine to form you, right" -  lol. so wrong. everyone is not the same. and cells are unique. also they can't think

"the distance between electrons going around the nucleus is in proportion to the distance between planets that revolve around the sun" -  who writes such bullshit.

this is the kind of profound bullshit you risk falling into if you don't stick to science, or things you actually know and feel.

The director tried to stress on the concept of equality and embracing oddities in the society and touched on sensitive topics like exploring sexuality and others. Well ya he got the science wrong. But that is not the sole concept of the movie. It has much more to it 

2 minutes ago, Cathedral said:

So you don't have consciousness, that's why you're seeking it. 

get back to work. lol.

my consciousness is trapped in my body. I want to set it free and experience the entire universe at once.

1 minute ago, Cathedral said:

I like to wake up before sunrise however late I sleep. 

I used to do that too kani ee sem work ekkuva undatam valla not able to do that uejZn2NI0JWrwJALTATClITjJVqIODWeadfPQTqN

1 minute ago, Agnes said:

get back to work. lol.

my consciousness is trapped in my body. I want to set it free and experience the entire universe at once.

PLsRFgA7GBFgBj5ivI0UnfjQ5XInAc6PDfeA6rM-then you shud proabably die 

1 minute ago, Ellen said:

The director tried to stress on the concept of equality and embracing oddities in the society and touched on sensitive topics like exploring sexuality and others. Well ya he got the science wrong. But that is not the sole concept of the movie. It has much more to it 

Yes yes. I only stressed how weak the arguments are, when they are not scientific.

humans don't have to act good to each other, just because they are all the same. They should be inspired to experiment and not to be stuck to one single system because systems ossify over time.

they block paths for majority of the population to meet their needs serving only those in control of these systems. true for every system.

1 minute ago, Agnes said:

they block paths for majority of the population to meet their needs serving only those in control of these systems. true for every system.

What a brilliant point. 💯

18 minutes ago, Ellen said:

thanks.

for example, look at this piece that argues for

https://mises.org/wire/why-open-borders-between-states-america-might-lead-disaster

It argues for restrictions on travel between states. The need for such a radical solution - to avoid federal govt from imposing common laws for the entire US.

------------

If you don't know what Mises is, its a thinktank that focuses on austrian economics - meaning libertarian economics. Its funny when you think that an institute that puts the individual above everything else is arguing for restricting that individual to move freely even within his own country borders.

This is what happens to all ideologies. They hammer on one aspect of human nature and simply ignore the varied experiences humans have. 

In this case, Mises geniuses dont care to understand how human systems work beyond how far humans can go to exploit them. 

This is why we need multiple systems existing together (right now its all capitaliism bullshit) so people are aware of all possibilities of humans can live. and systems can learn from each other too and improve.

--

This is why I am not into self discovery. Its much more interesting and important to understand how humans interact, than to listen to yourself.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Just a decade ago, institutes like Mises were waxing eloquent on greatness of free markets and how the world without borders is the best thing.

and today, they are running scared of what transpires when the borders are removed. 

simple - people interact. They learn from each other how to better their lives, and wont need the capitalist system.

so Mises revised their outlook on open borders. This is how stupid people ruling the world are.

and people who control these institutes are indeed ruling the world.

4 hours ago, Agnes said:

my response was casually (poorly) structured. Also I used the wrong phrase 'self discovery'. I don't think there is anything worthy of discovering in oneself.

I meant to say trying to find out how social systems work, and what your place (which is mostly the reason for depression in humans) in it is a depressing journey to indulge in, and none of your loved ones could save you if embark on it.

I don't subscribe to any belief that puts self over others. 

human beings are extremely limited (atleast right now) in their capacity to live within themselves. No idea what Ramana Maharshi said. 

When time comes Ramana will find ‘you’ !

Cheers !

20 hours ago, Cathedral said:

I can't get outside the tunnel 

motto of life is not living long..but doing somethign annav kada..

try to get out of the tunnel..