Help me

Cathedral

4 hours ago, redsox said:

Is he legit? 

he has nothing interesting or original to say.

sounds like self help stuff, borrowed from vedas and ancient philosophers from India.

It may be nice for a few so they can deprogram themselves out of capitalist bullshit that surrounds them 24/7,

better to read the source. for eg. Nagarjuna's critique on Nyaya structure. And that is exactly where I got off Indian Philosophy. Its amazing and intimidating, and I prefer to focus on physical sciences.

world is not that simple to be understood by using simple words. 

Just now, Agnes said:

sounds like self help stuff, borrowed from vedas and ancient philosophers from India.

It may be nice for a few so they can deprogram themselves out of capitalist bullshit that surrounds them 24/7,

better to read the source. for eg. Nagarjuna's critique on Nyaya structure. And that is exactly where I got off Indian Philosophy. Its amazing and intimidating, and I prefer to focus on physical sciences.

Nice 60324B2B-970A-45B0-AA7F-B9C770C86124.jpe

3 hours ago, redsox said:

Thanks, I’ll check it out. I’m not into religious stuff. Just curious if it’s spiritual stuff. I absolutely hate god-men Types like Sadhguru

when you are unwilling to get into the depth of a subject, you will end up only with Sadhguru types, who provide you digestible bytes of 'truth'.

To get into the depth of a subject, you should draw from multiple sources and undertake the journey alone. The minute you consider someone as a guru, your learning stops at the level of theirs.

• Like 1

Just now, Agnes said:

when you are unwilling to get into the depth of a subject, you will end up only with Sadhguru types, who provide you digestible bytes of 'truth'.

To get into the depth of a subject, you should draw from multiple sources and undertake the journey alone. The minute you consider someone as a guru, your learning stops at the level of theirs.

Hehe I’m not looking for a guru. I’ve seen 1 or 2 videos of this guy shared on social media.

True, there’s no ‘guru’

1 minute ago, redsox said:

Hehe I’m not looking for a guru. I’ve seen 1 or 2 videos of this guy shared on social media.

True, there’s no ‘guru’

but he seems to be an Indian traditional version of self help guru.  

Its helpful if you want it. but Indian philosophy is way more interesting and radical in its thought experiments.

Just now, Agnes said:

but he seems to be an Indian traditional version of self help guru.  

Its helpful if you want it. but Indian philosophy is way more interesting and radical in its thought experiments.

He’s a just a fake baba like zakir naik. 

Agreed, atheism is a central theme in some schools of thought.

28 minutes ago, Agnes said:

What is it called?

27 minutes ago, redsox said:

What is it called?

nyaya is a school of thought that states that knowledge can be both iterative and independent. iterative is one where it builds on itself and expands its scope and depth.

independent is when you are unable to understand the inner workings of something, but are happy with what it produces. It postulates that you don't need to know if the mechanism which gave you your fruits are reliable or not. That the fruits existence means tht you have faith in the system annd that it is also a form of knowledge. basically its a theological school. 

Nagarjuna, a buddhist philosopher, was mosty arguing against nyaya schools. the book I read was 'Perception: An Essay on Classical Indian Theories of Knowledge'

Here's a nice short summary of it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NM97LmBWczByW9vcBvlxEDdx5bhf_ewe/view

9 minutes ago, Agnes said:

nyaya is a school of thought that states that knowledge can be both iterative and independent. iterative is one where it builds on itself and expands its scope and depth.

independent is when you are unable to understand the inner workings of something, but are happy with what it produces. It postulates that you don't need to know if the mechanism which gave you your fruits are reliable or not. That the fruits existence means tht you have faith in the system annd that it is also a form of knowledge. basically its a theological school. 

Nagarjuna, a buddhist philosopher, was mosty arguing against nyaya schools. the book I read was 'Perception: An Essay on Classical Indian Theories of Knowledge'

Here's a nice short summary of it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NM97LmBWczByW9vcBvlxEDdx5bhf_ewe/view

Interesting, I’ll read the book 🙏

Summary e 15 pages undi 🙂