Difference between caste and gothram

kakatiya

25 minutes ago, Cathedral said:

You're right about gothram but wrong about caste. 

Caste s are also new..

What we have today..are not same castes..some never exists..

They have different names in different regions and some merged..

2 hours ago, kakatiya said:

Most castes we see today in United Andhra or any region in Deccan part of India evolved in last 400-500 years. 

Castes keep changing forms and names. Many caste names that are mentioned in Mahabharata don't exists anymore..just the caste names where reused for better respect and simillarities. 

But what stayed for long is "gothram names"

A gothram is a clan name that belongs to one family chain.

Never marry from same gothram . That is how genetic diversity achieved. 

Neandethrals and Homosapiens

2 hours ago, kakatiya said:

Most castes we see today in United Andhra or any region in Deccan part of India evolved in last 400-500 years. 

Castes keep changing forms and names. Many caste names that are mentioned in Mahabharata don't exists anymore..just the caste names where reused for better respect and simillarities. 

Kind of agree anna chelli same gothram annaru appadi rojullo so that they force for diversity. Konni castes lo andariki kalipi same gothram  anta vallu em cheyali ? Like gouds andariki koundinyasa ( As far as i remember but all same gothram) gothram anta i was surprised when i was told this . I was told by few friends their husband side kuda koundinyasa ney. I think only few castes have multiple gothras  and brahmins are following as they have that option to select from different gothras they have. Papam gothram okkate unte forced ga they cant go out of caste and marry no? I mean not everyone can just go for love marriages.

• Upvote 2

Gothram is family or clan name from where the XY Chromosomes are arrived ......  hence same gothram lo pelli cheskokodadu because kids will get genetic disorder ..........

Caste is just a section of people .... you can convert, change or stay or not follow .... meaning Pottery guys can not become a software engineer, goldsmith can become a corporate just because he is corporate or owns a shop does not change his caste or anything ....it is just a belief to keep the social binding ...... nothing more than that .....

Assume if you migrate to US and after 2-3 generations your kids marry to US whites you will not even know what caste is etc.

Gothram is reminded is each everyday pooja so that we do not marry the same gothra people to avoid genetic disorder

1 minute ago, babu_bangaram said:

Gothram is family or clan name from where the XY Chromosomes are arrived ......  hence same gothram lo pelli cheskokodadu because kids will get genetic disorder ..........

Caste is just a section of people .... you can convert, change or stay or not follow .... meaning Pottery guys can not become a software engineer, goldsmith can become a corporate just because he is corporate or owns a shop does not change his caste or anything ....it is just a belief to keep the social binding ...... nothing more than that .....

Assume if you migrate to US and after 2-3 generations your kids marry to US whites you will not even know what caste is etc.

Gothram is reminded is each everyday pooja so that we do not marry the same gothra people to avoid genetic disorder

GP !

8 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

Gothram - version 1.0

Caste - version 2.0

No..gothram is identity of your ethnicity.

India has mixed ethnicity over 1000 of years..gothram tells what is your original ethnicity 

3 hours ago, kakatiya said:

Caste is not Indian. It’s Portuguese. They have word called casta which basically means "lineage", "breed" or "race".

kinda saduvuko. Casta system compares with one or the other types  this is important to note your honor.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casta

we Indians have varna system. Meaning different types. And we don’t compare which one is better than another. It’s just 4 types. 
ksatriyas vysya bhrahmin sudra that’s it. 
mostly these classification is based on job they do. when the Portuguese came to India to Kerala and those bastards found casta and varna system are similar and confused. Eventually British used the logic to impose caste system on our varna system. 

gothram: this tracks who our ancestors are 

the Y chromosome in dna will only transfer from father to son and not to daughter  likewise our gothra will go our son and not daughter. 

That’s why Brahmins don’t get married to girl of same gothra. other also should follow the same. 

in cultures where this doesn’t exist there is high possibility of getting married by mistake to girl that comes from same gothr meaning sister .

this is one issue I find with love marriages. this needs to be addressed to make love marriages safer again

:P

2 hours ago, Amrita said:

Kind of agree anna chelli same gothram annaru appadi rojullo so that they force for diversity. Konni castes lo andariki kalipi same gothram  anta vallu em cheyali ? Like gouds andariki koundinyasa ( As far as i remember but all same gothram) gothram anta i was surprised when i was told this . I was told by few friends their husband side kuda koundinyasa ney. I think only few castes have multiple gothras  and brahmins are following as they have that option to select from different gothras they have. Papam gothram okkate unte forced ga they cant go out of caste and marry no? I mean not everyone can just go for love marriages.

Deva kanyalu ga migilpitharu..anthe few 😕

• Sad 1

On 2/14/2020 at 12:06 PM, Amrita said:

Now a days you can get dna tests before marriage..

Future lo matrimony websites lo they will match couple by chromosomes type

2 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

Now a days you can get dna tests before marriage..

Future lo matrimony websites lo they will match couple by chromosomes type

Hmm future lo kuda matrimony websites unte anta kanna dourbhagyam Inkoti undademo.

On 2/14/2020 at 9:11 AM, babu_bangaram said:

Same gothram cheskuni problems face chesina vallu evaraina telsaa?
I heard about a few cases same gothram love marriage cheskunna vallu, but tarvatha emaindo teleedu

1 minute ago, redsox said:

Same gothram cheskuni problems face chesina vallu evaraina telsaa?
I heard about a few cases same gothram love marriage cheskunna vallu, but tarvatha emaindo teleedu

They used to say parents lo okallu phut. Ila ayina vallu telusu but i think its pure coincidence.  Em avutundi em kadu . chala close family lone 2-3 generations chesukunte matuku genetic disorders vastayi.  Ma intlo distant relatives lo unnaru they are only 4ft tall. Evo injections ippiste 5ft ayyaru eventually. Health issues kuda unnayi.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Amrita said:

They used to say parents lo okallu phut. Ila ayina vallu telusu but i think its pure coincidence.  Em avutundi em kadu . chala close family lone 2-3 generations chesukunte matuku genetic disorders vastayi.  Ma intlo distant relatives lo unnaru they are only 4ft tall. Evo injections ippiste 5ft ayyaru eventually. Health issues kuda unnayi.

Genetic disorders Nenu kuda chusa menarikam cheskunna cases. Scientific ga kuda like 6% more chances untay disorders ravataniki ani.

i’m curious about this same gothram cases emaina scientific evidence undemo ani