Vijayawada beggar donates Rs 8 Lakh for temple

ShruteSastry

Vijayawada beggar donates Rs 8 Lakh for temple

A 73 year old beggar in Vijayawada has donated a sum of Rs 8 Lakh towards construction of Sai Baba temple in the same city. Going into details, the beggar is identified as Yadi Reddy and he donated the above mentioned amount in installments over the last seven years.

Yadi Reddy was a rickshaw pulled but as he got aged, he stopped it. Now he is a full time beggar and begs at many temples in Vijayawada. Speaking to the media he said, "I did not feel the need for money and so I have contributed all that I have. Initially, I donated Rs 1 Lakh and later on small portions on occasions."

Yadi Reddy added that he promised to God that he would donate everything he has got and so he is doing it. Now Yadi Reddy's earning has increased. "People have started recognizing me and my income also got hiked. But I would divert all the money for temple construction," said the oldie.

The Sai Baba Temple authorities added that Yadi Reddy's donations were very valuable and they build a Goshala (cattle) in the temple premises.