Is Menopause a Taboo in Your Organization?

Cathedral

Menopause is one of the strongest, most impactful, and most discriminatory taboos still existing in the workplace. The mental and physical symptoms and their negative effects on productivity are needlessly exacerbated by poor policies and persistent, outdated gender- and age-related assumptions. We all can and should play a role in breaking the silence.

At a societal level, gender bias and misogyny still loom large. Though there may have been some improvements in past years, it is clear to see why patterns of silence remain rooted later in life when society persists in pressuring young girls to keep quiet on issues of menstruation.

12 minutes ago, Cathedral said:

Menopause is one of the strongest, most impactful, and most discriminatory taboos still existing in the workplace. The mental and physical symptoms and their negative effects on productivity are needlessly exacerbated by poor policies and persistent, outdated gender- and age-related assumptions. We all can and should play a role in breaking the silence.

At a societal level, gender bias and misogyny still loom large. Though there may have been some improvements in past years, it is clear to see why patterns of silence remain rooted later in life when society persists in pressuring young girls to keep quiet on issues of menstruation.

:3D_Smiles:

14 minutes ago, Cathedral said:

How is misogyny related to menopause?

Forget about workplace intlone Ardham kadu sometimes . When my mom was behaving crazily I told her to consult a psychiatrist as I didn’t know Hormonal changes and their effects . Evarini chudaledu before so didn’t know . Dynamic ga speeches adaragotte person mail person passports ivvadaniki vastadante she was super scared and forcing my dad who has an important meeting to be home . Later I talked to my Mamayya who is psychiatrist and he told she is going through menopause and you have to understand Amma instead of hurting ani . 4 years we kinda saw this effect . One year it was intense . Now she is back to normal .  I feel so bad for being rude wish I knew this before . People should talk more appude telustayi . I didn’t knew something which is super common .

36 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Forget about workplace intlone Ardham kadu sometimes . When my mom was behaving crazily I told her to consult a psychiatrist as I didn’t know Hormonal changes and their effects . Evarini chudaledu before so didn’t know . Dynamic ga speeches adaragotte person mail person passports ivvadaniki vastadante she was super scared and forcing my dad who has an important meeting to be home . Later I talked to my Mamayya who is psychiatrist and he told she is going through menopause and you have to understand Amma instead of hurting ani . 4 years we kinda saw this effect . One year it was intense . Now she is back to normal .  I feel so bad for being rude wish I knew this before . People should talk more appude telustayi . I didn’t knew something which is super common .

Good post

• Thanks 1