Hyderabad IT exports

vincent

If Hyderabad has grown into such an IT hub and big city today , credit goes to Congress regimes .

1. BHEL

2. NMDC

3. HMT

4. BEL

5. IDPL

6.ECIL

7.DRDO 

8.HAL

All these PSUs were set up by Congress regimes only.

Present regime also heavily pushed for new investments and shaping Hyderabad for future development.

• Upvote 1

Pharmaceutical industries trace their presence in Hyderabad back to 1970 s.

Congress CMs who served at least one term fully in United AP include K Brahmananda Reddy 1964-71 and Vengal Rao 1973-78  , etc .

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, vincent said:

Hyderabad IT exports have reached a record 16 billion dollars in 2018-19 , or about 109000 crores .

This is a huge growth from 57000 crores in 2013-14 .

Fact is stranger than fiction . Hyderabad recorded only 7000 crores of IT exports in 2003-04 and stood behind Bengaluru , Noida and Chennai at fourth place.  So much for the “ IT boom “ .

It was during the 2004-14  period that Hyderabad saw remarkable growth in terms of IT exports and grew faster than other cities , to stand at second place behind Bengaluru by 2013-14 .

Even software industry growth in Hyderabad can be traced back to Congress regime , first software export activity started in 1990 in Maitrivanam of Hyderabad , and construction of Cyber Towers was started in 1991 by N Janardhan Reddy , when PV Narasimha Rao was PM .

Under present regime , Hyderabad attained new heights , surpassing Bangalore for the first time in office net absorptions in 2019 .

The total IT exports from India were $9.2 billion during 2003-2004, out which it was 7000 crores ($1.22 billion with USD being 57 INR then) that is about 13% of the total Indian IT exports then. Even right now. Hyderabad's IT exports are about 13% of the total Indian IT exports. Stop this narrative that you are pushing that nothing happened during 1995-2004. Keeping up pace with other big cities in IT exports, hyderabad even clock a 100% growth rate around the period of 1999-2004. 

• Upvote 1

Hyderabad share in it exports was 1 billion out of 12.5 billion or only 8 percent in 2003-04 . It ranked fourth in IT exports. 

In 2013-14 it accounted for 13 percent of IT exports. 

In fact India’s IT exports were 9.6 billions in 2002-03 itself.

4 hours ago, CH_Desi said:

The total IT exports from India were $9.2 billion during 2003-2004, out which it was 7000 crores ($1.22 billion with USD being 57 INR then) that is about 13% of the total Indian IT exports then. Even right now. Hyderabad's IT exports are about 13% of the total Indian IT exports. Stop this narrative that you are pushing that nothing happened during 1995-2004. Keeping up pace with other big cities in IT exports, hyderabad even clock a 100% growth rate around the period of 1999-2004. 

Ledhu man...chinna dora English lo speaky IT ni penchadu...

• Haha 1

Comparing Bangalore to Hyderabad is like SFO to Austin....... I don't think many of you guys been to Bangalore. 

Bangalore IT exports for 2020 will be 4 Lakh crores. 

Bengaluru, the capital of Karnataka state, currently holds the top spot as investors favorite IT destination in India. In 2017, for example, Bengaluru received US 48.2 billion of investment into its IT sector.

Hyderabad, the capital city of Telangana state, received just US $ 805 million. But it is slowly gaining spotlight for its growth potential.

Once again I am reiterating the facts . Hyderabad accounted only for 8% of IT exports in 2003-04 and behind three other cities . India IT exports were 12.5 billion dollars in 2003-04 and Hyderabad 1 billion.

Hyderabad accounted for 13 percent of IT exports in 2013-14  and only behind Bangalore.

11 hours ago, vincent said:

Hyderabad share in it exports was 1 billion out of 12.5 billion or only 8 percent in 2003-04 . It ranked fourth in IT exports. 

In 2013-14 it accounted for 13 percent of IT exports. 

In fact India’s IT exports were 9.6 billions in 2002-03 itself.

1 Billion in 2003-04 would be 5700 crores and earlier you mentioned in your statement that it is 7000 crores which number should i be going by then ? 

It is only behind bengaluru but Bangalore's share is more than 33%, there is a huge diifference between the two cities. The competition was intense between the big cities to grab the IT market during the 1999-2004, hyderabad gave crazy competition to other cities. Even now chennai's IT exports are not far behind that of Hyderabad, only difference is Hyderabad is giving a huge push for Product based companies and they are succeeding very well in it.

Hyderabad IT exports were 5025 crores in 2003-04 and clocked 7000 crores only in 2004-05 . This is the fact . I have gone back and rechecked the facts . 7000 crores exports were recorded in 2004-05 .

By mistake , I erroneously posted it as 2003-04  . Now I have edited the answer .  In any case even 1.2 billion is not even 10 percent of 12.5 billion .

Massive growth in software exports is actually happening  now or perhaps since the last three years. 

I have been following the grade-1 office space absorption levels its been occupying at record levels. Each month, almost 1 million sft of new office space is coming into market and absorption also seems to be in a similar scale with demand outpacing the supply.

Especially since the last two years, expansion has been happening at record levels. 

So, we can say that Hyd software exports and services will capture at least 40% of the market soon..

33 minutes ago, vincent said:

Hyderabad IT exports were 5025 crores in 2003-04 and clocked 7000 crores only in 2004-05 . This is the fact . I have gone back and rechecked the facts . 7000 crores exports were recorded in 2004-05 .

By mistake , I erroneously posted it as 2003-04  . Now I have edited the answer .  In any case even 1.2 billion is not even 10 percent of 12.5 billion .

12.5 Billion you are referring to is the total number including the domestic IT as well. 9.2 billion $ is the number of IT 'EXPORTS' from India. Even going by 5025 crores in 03-04, we reached that number from a mere 500 crores before that around 1999. 

26 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Massive growth in software exports is actually happening  now or perhaps since the last three years. 

I have been following the grade-1 office space absorption levels its been occupying at record levels. Each month, almost 1 million sft of new office space is coming into market and absorption also seems to be in a similar scale with demand outpacing the supply.

Especially since the last two years, expansion has been happening at record levels. 

So, we can say that Hyd software exports and services will capture at least 40% of the market soon..

Even Bengaluru's market share currently is only 33% and hyderabad is around 13%.

The total revenues of the IT / ITES sector, including that of the domestic market, rose 28.2 per cent to $15.9 billion in 2003-04, compared with $12.4 billion in the previous fiscal , as per NASSCOM .

Exports had registered a 30.5 per cent growth in 2003-04 at $12.5 billion, compared with $9.6 billion in the previous fiscal. 

I was referring to IT/ ITES exports only earlier , including domestic revenue , the total revenue was 15.9 billion dollars . Hyderabad IT / ITES exports were  1 /12.5 billion.

The term “ exports “ exclusively refers to overseas transactions .