Tesla auto-braking system miraculously saves family from tree crash

hyperbole

TESLA'S automatic braking system has saved a family who were almost crushed by a tree which was knocked over during Storm Dennis.

Two Tesla owners in two different Model X vehicles going in two different directions were hit by the same falling tree on the road and claim that Autopilot saved their family’s lives by applying the brakes before they could.

The incident happened last weekend in Dorset, in southwest England, where Storm Dennis has been hammering parts of the country with wind and rain.

Laurence Sanderson was driving his Model X with his wife and three kids when a giant oak tree fell in the middle of the road.

He told the Mirror that he saw the tree coming down, but Autopilot applied the brakes before he could:

We were driving along and out of the corner of my eye I saw the tree coming down. The car was on Autopilot and the emergency braking kicked in.

Another second and we would have been crushed as I wouldn’t have been able to react in time. The car undoubtedly saved our lives. We would have been killed without it.

His wife was a little banged up with bruises but otherwise everyone was OK, which is impressive when seeing the aftermath of the accident:

Tesla Model X tree accident 1
Tesla Model X tree accident 2
Tesla Model X tree accident 4

What’s even crazier is that another Tesla Model X electric SUV was driving in the other direction at the same time and was also also damaged by the tree.

Josh Whitelock was in the other Model X with his girlfriend and her mother. All three also came out mostly unharmed from the crash.

Tesla-Model-X-tree-accident-5.jpg?qualit

Whitelock also claimed that the Autopilot’s Auto Emergency Braking system did the work:

I was on Autopilot driving home when I saw a flash from the power line which lit up the tree as it fell. We stopped suddenly. There was a loud crack and then the sound of metal on metal.

He added:

I was expecting to turn around and see my girlfriend and her mother impaled by branches but incredibly that wasn’t the case. They were both ok apart from a bit of whiplash. It was a miracle we all survived. I helped get them both out of the car and then checked on the other driver on the other side of the tree. When I saw the open Falcon door I couldn’t believe it.

They thanked Tesla for the cars that they believe saved both families:

We were just in pure shock. Tesla has saved eight lives. It just goes to show that life can be over in a split second, but thanks to Tesla making amazing cars that wasn’t the case this time.

They are not the first to believe their lives were saved by Tesla vehicles, and especially the Model X, which is the highest safety-rated SUV by a significant margin with 5-star ratings in every safety category in NHTSA’s tests.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WHATSSAPP said:

e tesla vunte ma thataya nanayam Pranthlo vundevallu. Dokku benze lo velthunte accident ayindhi 😭

Benz spelling nerchukoni pheku ra ganji taagey naayala 

25 minutes ago, WHATSSAPP said:

Are me thatha yedla bandi lo velladu kabati benz spelling telusukunavu ra nuvu

Av ra..maa tatha yedla bandi lo ne ra ...aithe endhi raaaa dhed dhimak ga ....