Fibonacci found the mathematical methods of Indians (Hindus) as the most effective, & all other methods almost erroneous. In his book "Liber Abaci", he refers to the Fibonacci series simply as the "Indian series" and loved Indian Math so much tha

galiraju

"

The Hindu numeral system that the entire world takes for granted now, was truly revolutionary at that time. The only other numeral system of any repute then was the Roman system which was terribly cumbersome to use. Most of Europe, including the Greeks used it and counting anything more than 500 was all but impossible.

"

Prologue (1) When my father was nominated by the homeland a public customs of- ficial of Bejaïa and was responsible in the name of the merchants of Pisa who flocked there, he got me come with him when I was child and, considering the use and the advantage that would derive from this, he wanted me to stay there for some time and that I be instructed in the study of the abacus. (2) Having been introduced there to this art with an amazing method of teaching by means of the nine figures of the

an extent above all other arts and so much did I devote myself to it with my intellect, that I learned with very earnest application and through the technique of contradiction anything to be studied concerning it and its various methods used in Egypt, in Syria, in Greece, in Sicily, and in Provence, places I have lat- er visited for the purpose of commerce.

(3) But all this and even the Algorism and the Arcs of Pythagoras I considered almost erroneous compared to the method of the Indians. (4) For this reason, agreeing more scrupulously to the method of the

Fibonacci referred to (what we today call) the Fibonacci sequence as "the Indian series." 

source "English translation of introduction to Fibonacci's book "Liber Abaci". Published in the scholarly journal Reti Medievali Rivista by Giuseppe Germano (2013)"