Bay Area survey: Rich, poor, young and old unhappy here

desiboys

10 hours ago, redsox said:

Stanford akkada unnantha varaku Antha easy kadu 😄

Stanford is not the only tech university in the US, there are plenty of innovative Tech universities - MIT, Princeton, GATech..

34 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

Stanford is not the only tech university in the US, there are plenty of innovative Tech universities - MIT, Princeton, GATech..

its not about stanford.SV has the best salespeople, just like NewYork has the best finance guys.

even if tech guys moved, the salespeople will trail them by a few decades atleast. actually no, they won't even move.

Just now, Agnes said:

its not about stanford.SV has the best salespeople, just like NewYork has the best finance guys.

even if tech guys moved, the salespeople will trail them by a few decades atleast. actually no, they won't even move.

Nuvu ekada pani chestav bro?

1 hour ago, JambaKrantu said:

Stanford is not a tech University. 

1 hour ago, JambaKrantu said:

Bro you are putting forth the case for Atlanta very strongly but honestly i dont think tech talent wants to move there. I did my masters in Georgia tech. Almost everyone i know moved to New York, Bay area, Seattle and Austin. Bay area being the top choice among CS. None of the ppl in my batch(i knew a lot of them) wanted to work in Atlanta. Top tech talent wanting to move to Atlanta is a pipedream.

22 minutes ago, pamogudu said:

Bro you are putting forth the case for Atlanta very strongly but honestly i dont think tech talent wants to move there. I did my masters in Georgia tech. Almost everyone i know moved to New York, Bay area, Seattle and Austin. Bay area being the top choice among CS. None of the ppl in my batch(i knew a lot of them) wanted to work in Atlanta. Top tech talent wanting to move to Atlanta is a pipedream.

Things are changing bro. I live with a bunch of georgia tech guys here..even 2 to 3 years back things were different but now very few people want to go all the way to seattle or bay area.. They know that even with the high salaries there, setting up a family or buying a house is a pipe dream in those areas..

21 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

Things are changing bro. I live with a bunch of georgia tech guys here..even 2 to 3 years back things were different but now very few people want to go all the way to seattle or bay area.. They know that even with the high salaries there, setting up a family or buying a house is a pipe dream in those areas..

Hmmm was there a influx of startups in the last 2 years? I graduated in 2017 and back then there weren't many good startups there. But good to hear Atlanta is seeing a lot of activity .

17 minutes ago, pamogudu said:

Hmmm was there a influx of startups in the last 2 years? I graduated in 2017 and back then there weren't many good startups there. But good to hear Atlanta is seeing a lot of activity .

Yes there are a lot of startups here off late. I just got an offer from one of them and am contemplating about joining them, but I don't like the startup culture too much of work..

1 minute ago, Kalam_Youtheman said:

DC MD VA is the future place of high tech jobs.... 

Is it for start ups though? Start up ki antha investment environment unda NOVA area lo?

15 hours ago, Spartan said:

Apple expanding in Austin .

@Spartan uncle oracle vadu anthe chesadu, austin downtown degara worst locality lo where ppl never used to go degara land koni oka building construct chesadu, ipudu ah location full posh aipoindi