Indian Woman in US loses husband and delivers baby in 24 hours

Cathedral

74251556.jpg?resizemode=4&width=400TNN

Prashant and Divya Kommireddy

HYDERABAD: In a span of 24 hours, Divya Kommireddy’s family lost a family member and gained another. Friends and colleagues spoke of how tragedy struck the family on Wednesday when Divya’s husband Prashant Kommireddy died of stroke. A day later his expectant wife delivered a baby girl.

On Wednesday, Prashant, who works with American Airlines in Dallas, complained of neck pain and asked that ‘911’ be dialled. He was sweating and lost consciousness in 15 minutes, colleagues said. On the way to hospital in ambulance, he breathed his last. It was his wife Divya’s birthday that day, added colleagues. Prashant was planning to take her flowers and cake, they said.

Speaking to TOI, 

Orlando

regional coordinator of American Telugu Association, Ramesh Reddy, said: “Divya had a scheduled C-section the next day and she delivered a baby girl”. Ramesh Reddy’s niece worked with Prashant.

Back in India, Prashant’s brother Pramod frantically sought help to travel to the United States on a short notice. Prashant friend NC Santosh from Gajwel tweeted to municipal administration minister KT Rama Rao, seeking his help to expedite the visa process for Pramod. Santosh tweeted: “My friend Prashanth K has expired in Dallas a few hours back due to heart stroke. His wife is expecting a baby tomorrow. My friend's brother is at US embassy in Begumpet trying for Visa need your intervention to expedite the process.”

The minister responded immediately saying: “Can you please intervene & help as this appears to be a family emergency @USAndHyderabad @USAmbIndia”

• Upvote 2

The plea became all the more urgent with the uncertainty of visa interview slots because of the long weekend. Within hours, Pramod tweeted from his handle @pramodreddyk11: “Thank you for kind help got a call from USA embassy.” He later confirmed that he had received the visa with approval and was travelling to the United States on Friday night.

• Upvote 1

In a heartwarming gesture, several Telugus in and around Dallas tweeted, offering to help Divya. Abhilashy (@abhifortruth) said: “I stay in Dallas. Please let me know if I can help the mother in hospital.”

2 minutes ago, Cathedral said:

Back in India, Prashant’s brother Pramod frantically sought help to travel to the United States on a short notice. Prashant friend NC Santosh from Gajwel tweeted to municipal administration minister KT Rama Rao, seeking his help to expedite the visa process for Pramod. Santosh tweeted: “My friend Prashanth K has expired in Dallas a few hours back due to heart stroke. His wife is expecting a baby tomorrow. My friend's brother is at US embassy in Begumpet trying for Visa need your intervention to expedite the process.”

The minister responded immediately saying: “Can you please intervene & help as this appears to be a family emergency @USAndHyderabad @USAmbIndia”

1 minute ago, Cathedral said:

The plea became all the more urgent with the uncertainty of visa interview slots because of the long weekend. Within hours, Pramod tweeted from his handle @pramodreddyk11: “Thank you for kind help got a call from USA embassy.” He later confirmed that he had received the visa with approval and was travelling to the United States on Friday night.

Good gesture KTR.