In this corner of the world

Ellen

2 hours ago, Ellen said:

I watched this for the second time today, na overwhelming feeling ni kakkestunna :P ; 

This movie directed by Sunao Katabuchi, is loosely a WWII drama, but doesn't take you completely to that sad, grave ,tragic and dark side of the war. Rather, everything is explained in this cute civilian girl's perspective. The anime work is very very cute and colorful like Studio Ghibli's works...Aah pilla absent minded untadi, epudu oka dreamy world....em paint cheyala...em draw cheyala ani alochistu. Her chinnapudu nundi pelli ayaka attagarinti scenes varaku, background lo WWII lolli blend chesi they made the movie so heart warming. Surviving through war is definitely a very tough job. Aah siren mothalo ela happy ga undagalam. Yet this girl's dreaminess puts us through many "awe" moments which is highly unlikely in stories like these. One of the things in the movie that i found very beautiful was that, whenever she looks at the aerial battles, navy ships, bombs in the sky..her love for drawing turns them into beautiful paintings, with blobs of colors. Who the hell thinks that way?? hats off to their imagination. 

Ultimately, war evari madhyalo avtuna...a civilian's battle is to survive. And this civilian survived it in her own way with her innocence and artistic imagination despite losing many loved ones. Wish i could write better and do more justice to what i am feeling right now...

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Sometimes that is all that matters , he is being smart anthe; and VDK sucks by the way. He may be a good actor, but he got into that hype too much and is choosing very poor stories

If he keeps going making poor choices like VDK, he choosing dookudu comedy over and over again he may fail at some point 

2 minutes ago, Abhimanyu_mylove said:

If he keeps going making poor choices like VDK, he choosing dookudu comedy over and over again he may fail at some point 

you are right though

5 minutes ago, redsox said:

Mee too giphy.gif

But i like japanese anime more than western animation. There are some good ones in western animation though, zootopia, inside out , paatha lion king ilantivi

Just now, Ellen said:

But i like japanese anime more than western animation. There are some good ones in western animation though, zootopia, inside out , paatha lion king ilantivi

Nice 🥰

Japanese anime eppudu choodaledu, so don’t know much about it. Alita battle angel Edo vachindi aa madhya. How’s it? 🧐

yeah western animation konni baguntay especially Pixar ones 😍

Just now, redsox said:

Nice 🥰

Japanese anime eppudu choodaledu, so don’t know much about it. Alita battle angel Edo vachindi aa madhya. How’s it? 🧐

yeah western animation konni baguntay especially Pixar ones 😍

Chudaledu idi, anime kaadu ankunta kada...based on manga though...amrikolle  teesinrata

Just now, Ellen said:

Chudaledu idi, anime kaadu ankunta kada...based on manga though...amrikolle  teesinrata

Ohh ok. James Cameron was supposed to direct it but he was just a screen writer/producer for this one 🙂

8 minutes ago, redsox said:

Ohh ok. James Cameron was supposed to direct it but he was just a screen writer/producer for this one 🙂

interesting!