H1b vs perm prevailing wage question?

jalebibai

Bhayyas, I'm working as a FTE from 4 years. Oka 2 months back varaku salary $85k. Recent ga team change ayya and got a raise to $95k and also changed cities.

Paatha team lo perm process start chesaru. Prevailing wage vachindi. Paatha team manager ki attorney nunchi mail vachindanta "salary should be minimum $92k before next H1 renewal" ani. I didn't care much about it then since I started transfer process by then. Google search lo idi dorikindi: "If the permanent position being applied for is the same position for which the beneficiary holds an H-1B visa with the same petitioner, the petitioner would be required to pay the prevailing wage amount or the equivalent prevailing wage level from the first date of renewal of the H-1B after the issuance of the prevailing wage determination"

Ippudu ee kotha team kosam H1 amendment/transfer chesaru with level 3 prevailing wage. Got approval without any issues. prevailing wage for level3 in new city is $89k(my salary is $95k) . Ikkada ippudu malli perm process start chestaru. level 4 prevailing wage for my occupation code here is $109k. 

Naa question entante are prevailing wages same for H1 and perm? Ala aithe nenu munde attorney ki cheppala don't file in level 4 but in level 3 ani? If they file in level 4, next H1 renewal 2023 lo, appatiki naa salary $109k undala? I'm a little worried since that's a 14 percent raise from current salary. Also do you think they filed in level 4 last time? 

nenu same situation lo una Both of them seperate . level wages and prevailign wages are different as i know . 

Neku new city wages prakaram prevailing wages apply chestadu . nuvu H1 lo level 3 lo una GC lo vallu vere level petochu No worries 

GC apply chesetapudu less salary pedatru 

Neku telise unatdi max 3 % hike untill you get promoted to next level ( take care about GC pay ade perigidi slow ga )

25 minutes ago, bombay99 said:

nenu same situation lo una Both of them seperate . level wages and prevailign wages are different as i know . 

Neku new city wages prakaram prevailing wages apply chestadu . nuvu H1 lo level 3 lo una GC lo vallu vere level petochu No worries 

GC apply chesetapudu less salary pedatru 

Neku telise unatdi max 3 % hike untill you get promoted to next level ( take care about GC pay ade perigidi slow ga )

same situation ante perm prevaling wage is less than H1 prev wage for you? And you got perm approval?

Yeah, 3-4% kante ekkuva raise raadu without promo. ade bhayam if they ask for more for filing perm.