What are the odds of the U.S. government grounding all flights?

tacobell fan

When you have a U.S. state expecting up to 20% of its population to have coronavirus within 60 days, one has to imagine limiting travel between states is being considered.

13 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

When you have a U.S. state expecting up to 20% of its population to have coronavirus within 60 days, one has to imagine limiting travel between states is being considered.

China la ne 0.1 raledu..20% ante joke aa bro?

5%-10% of population in next 1-2 years since it is airborne . 500k deaths all over the world is my guess.

some Anti viral medicine with limited success will be out in next 3-6 months, vaccine another 1-1.5 years away

5 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

The Best way to contain and save some parts of USA from getting COVID-19 ....  3pa3zo.gif

Is Genentech/Roche not making a drug yet? 

Just now, Catabolite said:

Is Genentech/Roche not making a drug yet? 

According to internal information i have from Roche and Genia ... They are not even close ... 3pa3zo.gif

I think as of now Gilead is the hope ani antunaru .. .3pa3zo.gif

14 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

5%-10% of population in next 1-2 years since it is airborne . 500k deaths all over the world is my guess.

some Anti viral medicine with limited success will be out in next 3-6 months, vaccine another 1-1.5 years away

I just told what they estimated, country lo unna 328 Million lo 100 Million ante  ~20%

17 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Airborne ah?

1 minute ago, tacobell fan said:

I just told what they estimated, country lo unna 328 Million lo 100 Million ante  ~20%

Nuvvu esina dantla next 60 days ani rasinavu.

Again it is an estimate. What percentage of the population would get flu every year? I think it will have the same permutation but 20% is greatly exaggerated. In the summer the numbers will dip and by the onset of winter they will have some medicine that will work for the 20% of the risky population.

Why do some people get very ill but most don’t?

About 80 percent of people infected with the new coronavirus have relatively mild symptoms. But about 20 percent of people become more seriously ill and in about 2 percent of patients in China, which has had the most cases, the disease has been fatal.

Experts say the effects appear to depend on how robust or weakened a person’s immune system is. Older people or those with underlying health issues, like diabetes or another chronic illness, are more likely to develop severe symptoms.

Dr. Xiao conducted pathological examinations of two people in China who went into a hospital in Wuhan in January for a different reason — they needed surgery for early stage lung cancer — but whose records later showed that they had also had coronavirus infection, which the hospital did not recognize at the time. Neither patient’s lung cancer was advanced enough to kill them, he said.

ADVERTISEMENT 

One of those patients, an 84-year-old woman with diabetes, died from pneumonia caused by coronavirus, Dr. Xiao said the records showed.

The other patient, a 73-year-old man, was somewhat healthier, with a history of hypertension that he had managed well for 20 years. Dr. Xiao said the man had successful surgery to remove a lung tumor, was discharged, and nine days later returned to the hospital because he had a fever and cough that was determined to be coronavirus.

Dr. Xiao said that the man had almost certainly been infected during his first stay in the hospital, since other patients in his post-surgical recovery room were later found to have coronavirus. Like many other cases, it took the man days to show respiratory symptoms.

The man recovered after 20 days in the hospital’s infectious disease unit. Experts say that when patients like that recover, it is often because the supportive care — fluids, breathing support, and other treatment — allows them to outlast the worst effects of the inflammation caused by the virus.

ADVERTISEMENT 

What do scientists still not know about coronavirus patients?

A lot. Although the illness resembles SARS in many respects and has elements in common with influenza and pneumonia, the course a patient’s coronavirus will take is not yet fully understood.

Some patients can remain stable for over a week and then suddenly develop pneumonia, Dr. Diaz said. Some patients seem to recover but then develop symptoms again.

Dr. Xiao said that some patients in China recovered but got sick again, apparently because they had damaged and vulnerable lung tissue that was subsequently attacked by bacteria in their body. Some of those patients ended up dying from a bacterial infection, not the virus. But that didn’t appear to cause the majority of deaths, he said.

Other cases have been tragic mysteries. Dr. Xiao said he personally knew a man and woman who got infected, but seemed to be improving. Then the man deteriorated and was hospitalized.

ADVERTISEMENT 

“He was in I.C.U., getting oxygen, and he texted his wife that he was getting better, he had good appetite and so on,” Dr. Xiao said. “But then in the late afternoon, she stopped receiving texts from him. She didn’t know what was going on. And by 10 p.m., she got a notice from the hospital that he had passed.”

Pam Belluck is a health and science writer. She was one of seven Times staffers awarded the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for International Reporting for coverage of the Ebola epidemic. She is the author of “Island Practice,” about a colorful and contrarian doctor on Nantucket.

15 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Nuvvu esina dantla next 60 days ani rasinavu.

Again it is an estimate. What percentage of the population would get flu every year? I think it will have the same permutation but 20% is greatly exaggerated. In the summer the numbers will dip and by the onset of winter they will have some medicine that will work for the 20% of the risky population.

Mine is just Hypothetical question ne bro 

53 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

According to internal information i have from Roche and Genia ... They are not even close ... 3pa3zo.gif

I think as of now Gilead is the hope ani antunaru .. .3pa3zo.gif

One of the students from here started a company that got bought out by Gilead. I hearded they are making a vaccine. 

11 minutes ago, Catabolite said:

One of the students from here started a company that got bought out by Gilead. I hearded they are making a vaccine. 

Everyone worth its salt in the pharmaceutical world will try to make one..what up with this inside sources speculations and bullshit..when they are in clinical trials that is a news..until then it is like sky is blue..water is wet like memes

12 minutes ago, Catabolite said:

I did not know that they bought a company .... Roche lo aite kanuka Zika VIrus meda pani chesina valle... Same gumpu working on it .... My friend is a part of it ... Thats how i know it .. 3pa3zo.gif

1 hour ago, Anta Assamey said:

I did not know that they bought a company .... Roche lo aite kanuka Zika VIrus meda pani chesina valle... Same gumpu working on it .... My friend is a part of it ... Thats how i know it .. 3pa3zo.gif

So GILEAD is the hope antav