Why being single and 30+ is torture for a woman?

HalfDesiGirl

I chose to focus on career when I was young and I’m pretty much where I wanted to be career wise. I was in two relationships when I was young and I was very happy.

The first guy was amazing. He was tender at heart and treated me very well. Though he was not intellectually stimulating as much I wished but I was ok with that. He earned much less than what I earned but it was never an issue for me. But moving to a new location for job killed our relationship although we tried our best.

The second guy was even more amazing. He was smart, funny and very intelligent. It was like I found my soulmate. I thought  he was the one. Everything was great until I caught him cheating on me. I tried to let it go but it was hard to trust him anymore. And I caught him a second time, and it was over.

Here I am, at age 32, successful in career but dearly missing a companion. The fact is that no matter how much strain these relationships put on me, I was very happy when I was in a relationship. My cousins complain about their husbands not helping much in their household chores but on some level I feel they are still happy.

I’m fairly beautiful and successful. But why is it so hard for a woman to find a decent partner in her 30’s? Why does society make it hard for people in their 30’s especially women?

Just now, Thokkalee said:

Define “decent partner”... 

Also, 30 plus is no longer late to get married.. this must be atleast 5-10 years old story.. 

Educated and understanding 

This is my story in 2020

Career vs Love... Ado Neverending loop... Okadani venaka padithe inkokati pothadi...  I wish I had a love story like 2 states (Movie) . Ippudu vachi na gf Poyindi, na bf vadilesadu Ani feel ayithe kastam... Next entante career peak lo vunna vaalla tekku tagginchukoni friendly ga vunte chance vundi..  Abbayilu istam vunna Papam first lo konchem jankutharu miru stiff ga vunte... @3$% 

Just now, DaatarBabu said:

Career vs Love... Ado Neverending loop... Okadani venaka padithe inkokati pothadi...  I wish I had a love story like 2 states (Movie) . Ippudu vachi na gf Poyindi, na bf vadilesadu Ani feel ayithe kastam... Next entante career peak lo vunna vaalla tekku tagginchukoni friendly ga vunte chance vundi..  Abbayilu istam vunna Papam first lo konchem jankutharu miru stiff ga vunte... @3$% 

I didn’t choose one over the other. It didn’t work out unfortunately.
It wasn’t my fault that I had failed relationships. As I mentioned, I didn’t lose the first guy because I was stiff with my requirements. Long distance didn’t work out. That’s it!

3 minutes ago, HalfDesiGirl said:

I didn’t choose one over the other. It didn’t work out unfortunately.
It wasn’t my fault that I had failed relationships. As I mentioned, I didn’t lose the first guy because I was stiff with my requirements. Long distance didn’t work out. That’s it!

Appudu analedhu ippudu antunna... Career lo settle ayina ammayi la gurinchi ide feeling vuntadi... Daanni Nuvvu marchali Ani... + aa freshness, spark taaguthadi age tho Danni alane vunchagaligithe ninnu aapaledu evvadu... 

16 minutes ago, HalfDesiGirl said:

I chose to focus on career when I was young and I’m pretty much where I wanted to be career wise. I was in two relationships when I was young and I was very happy.

The first guy was amazing. He was tender at heart and treated me very well. Though he was not intellectually stimulating as much I wished but I was ok with that. He earned much less than what I earned but it was never an issue for me. But moving to a new location for job killed our relationship although we tried our best.

The second guy was even more amazing. He was smart, funny and very intelligent. It was like I found my soulmate. I thought  he was the one. Everything was great until I caught him cheating on me. I tried to let it go but it was hard to trust him anymore. And I caught him a second time, and it was over.

Here I am, at age 32, successful in career but dearly missing a companion. The fact is that no matter how much strain these relationships put on me, I was very happy when I was in a relationship. My cousins complain about their husbands not helping much in their household chores but on some level I feel they are still happy.

I’m fairly beautiful and successful. But why is it so hard for a woman to find a decent partner in her 30’s? Why does society make it hard for people in their 30’s especially women?

Bcoz men have the options to go for some one younger as it gives some to form a bond and then plan for kids. But if they choose at your age they might not have the liberty. Good luck with your search.

1 minute ago, DaatarBabu said:

Appudu analedhu ippudu antunna... Career lo settle ayina ammayi la gurinchi ide feeling vuntadi... Daanni Nuvvu marchali Ani... + aa freshness, spark taaguthadi age tho Danni alane vunchagaligithe ninnu aapaledu evvadu... 

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.

Age is a real thing

People settle for something when they reach 30

Some of the Intelligent people are also flexible. They find happiness in most of the people. So, they don't wait for other intelligent partners or may get baffled by stubborn intelligence, and would move on to happy people.

Indian society had a notion of getting married before 30. So, it's generally hard to find single people after 30. More over, 30+ men can choose 24-30 girls, who are more probably single. 30+ girls has choice of lot less single people in 30-35.

After 30 yrs, guys want a girl and girls want a guy..to get married.
If they are still not working and earning enough at that age, they are not fit for marriage.

Also they might think as with age you might be more rigid and not flexible and going with someone less younger will be fun and adventurous.  They also feel they do not have to deal with that extra baggage with past relationships.