Why being single and 30+ is torture for a woman?

HalfDesiGirl

1 minute ago, Scurvy said:

Bcoz men have the options to go for some one younger as it gives some to form a bond and then plan for kids. But if they choose at your age they might not have the liberty. Good luck with your search.

Yes, that’s what I’m trying to understand. Why is it that society puts more pressure on women? 

2 minutes ago, vankarodu said:

Age is a real thing

People settle for something when they reach 30

Some of the Intelligent people are also flexible. They find happiness in most of the people. So, they don't wait for other intelligent partners or may get baffled by stubborn intelligence, and would move on to happy people.

Indian society had a notion of getting married before 30. So, it's generally hard to find single people after 30. More over, 30+ men can choose 24-30 girls, who are more probably single. 30+ girls has choice of lot less single people in 30-35.

+1 this is harsh reality.

2 minutes ago, vankarodu said:

Age is a real thing

People settle for something when they reach 30

Some of the Intelligent people are also flexible. They find happiness in most of the people. So, they don't wait for other intelligent partners or may get baffled by stubborn intelligence, and would move on to happy people.

Indian society had a notion of getting married before 30. So, it's generally hard to find single people after 30. More over, 30+ men can choose 24-30 girls, who are more probably single. 30+ girls has choice of lot less single people in 30-35.

Why do you think intelligent people are not happy?

thats what I’m trying to understand. Why is society more kinder to 30+ men and not 30+ women? Why is it that men can get a younger partner but not the other way around?

3 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

After 30 yrs, guys want a girl and girls want a guy..to get married.
If they are still not working and earning enough at that age, they are not fit for marriage.

Hmmm I don’t get your point

6 minutes ago, Scurvy said:

Also they might think as with age you might be more rigid and not flexible and going with someone less younger will be fun and adventurous.  They also feel they do not have to deal with that extra baggage with past relationships.

Yes, There are these preconceived notions that 30+ women are less fun which is not true.

But 30+ men also have that baggage from past relationships right?

3 minutes ago, HalfDesiGirl said:

Yes, that’s what I’m trying to understand. Why is it that society puts more pressure on women? 

It is easy to put blame on society for our own individual choices. Society did not put any pressure  on women as they are less expected to be the bread winner and provider so they had the liberty to marry off early and men have less expectations at least financially from the significant others. No matter what some feminists argue ,women had the luxury to choose  better partner when they are young.You can even read bitter stories of women who crossed 30 and being single.

1 minute ago, Thokkalee said:

First day .. and first topic is this?? Woww 

Hmmm I'm only here to vent out my frustration. I don’t know much about this forum or it’s history.

11 minutes ago, HalfDesiGirl said:

Why do you think intelligent people are not happy?

thats what I’m trying to understand. Why is society more kinder to 30+ men and not 30+ women? Why is it that men can get a younger partner but not the other way around?

Intelligent people unhappy anatledhu.

May be they would not be flexible and accommodating. Sometimes they may lack empathy or compassion. 

At the end of the day a affectionate funny, playful, partner would sound good compared to conflicting rational partner.

Younger men datung older women is still not mainstream.

Just lookout for more places to meet more new people. You will meet interesting right one. Don't get discouraged. You did right. Expand your filters.

It's not about looking at each other. It's about looking in the same direction. - interesting quote, heard recently.

3 minutes ago, HalfDesiGirl said:

Hmmm I'm only here to vent out my frustration. I don’t know much about this forum or it’s history.

Ok.. 

If you are in US, 30 plus is not a big age for a woman.. may be you are looking in the wrong place..  there are a ton of potential matches for you out there.. unless you have other constraints.. 

3 minutes ago, Scurvy said:

It is easy to put blame on society for our own individual choices. Society did not put any pressure  on women as they are less expected to be the bread winner and provider so they had the liberty to marry off early and men have less expectations at least financially from the significant others. No matter what some feminists argue ,women had the luxury to choose  better partner when they are young.You can even read bitter stories of women who crossed 30 and being single.

I’m not a feminist and I grew up in a secular household where education was given utmost importance. I was never told that just because I’m a woman, I can stay pretty and marry someone at the right age.

Its not about being a bread winner for your family. It’s about what you want to do with your life whether you are a man or a woman.

I would definitely blame society if I have to choose one thing over the other. Why don’t  men face the same issue of picking one over the other?