Some Stunning photos from the National Sony World Photography Awards 2020

Kool_SRG

BB11jXol.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=

Marcus Westberg (Sweden)

• Image Name: Spread'em
  • Photographer Name: Marcus Westberg
  • Year: 2020

Life must be hard for giraffes with those long necks and awkwardly gangly legs. Apparently even having a drink can be a bit of a problem. Swedish photographer, Marcus Westberg, captured this image from a hide in Namibia and managed to win the national award as a result. 

"I had spent several days in a hide in Onguma Private Reserve, near Etosha, Namibia, initially hoping to see elephants or big cats, but enjoying all the visitors that came to the waterhole nearby. I knew if I was patient enough I would have a good chance of photographing giraffes as they came in to drink, but I never imagined any of them would squeeze in between the hide and the waterhole! This presented me with a different perspective than I had envisioned. Patience, and a willingness to sit quietly in nature is often reward in itself - although in this case I was delighted to leave with an image like this."

BB11jN7R.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=

Kiatthaworn Khorthawornwong (Thailand)

• Image Name: Red day
  • Photographer Name: Kiatthaworn Khorthawornwong
  • Year: 2020

Thailand's national photography winner actually went to a photographer who snapped this striking landscape image from a lakeside view in Japan. A wonderfully framed mountain backdrop makes for a staggering view of a peaceful lake. 

"The beauty of Autumn at Kawaguchigo lake, Japan."