Is it easy being a homemaker?

Catabolite

I kind of agree with @chittimallu_14 here. Men staying at home is not an option for most men. It’s even considered taboo. But women staying at home is not frowned upon. As pointed earlier, this has been followed for centuries and only now things are changing slowly for women. All he is saying is that society is not kinder to men who choose to stay home.
We cannot change society’s perception (on stay at home men) but we can change how we look at others(not looking down on women who stay at home).

Women stay at home for many reasons. Sometimes it’s a collective decision from both the husband and wife for the sake of family. If it’s forced upon her against her will, then that’s not right. But in most cases I’ve seen, it’s the woman’s choice.

A friend of mine went to a top CS school and got her PhD. Then she chose to be a stay-at-home mom. Even her doctoral advisor was shocked. I cannot imagine doing that but she did. And her response was simple - I’m doing this for my kids and this is what makes me happy. She’s an outlier but still don’t judge someone just because they are staying at home. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HalfDesiGirl said:

I kind of agree with @chittimallu_14 here. Men staying at home is not an option for most men. It’s even considered taboo. But women staying at home is not frowned upon. As pointed earlier, this has been followed for centuries and only now things are changing slowly for women. All he is saying is that society is not kinder to men who choose to stay home.
We cannot change society’s perception (on stay at home men) but we can change how we look at others(not looking down on women who stay at home).

Women stay at home for many reasons. Sometimes it’s a collective decision from both the husband and wife for the sake of family. If it’s forced upon her against her will, then that’s not right. But in most cases I’ve seen, it’s the woman’s choice.

A friend of mine went to a top CS school and got her PhD. Then she chose to be a stay at home mom. Even her doctoral advisor was shocked. I cannot imagine doing that but she did. And her response was simple - I’m doing this for my kids and this is what makes me happy. She’s an outlier but still don’t judge someone just because they are staying at home. 

Araye nuvvu to good to be half girl

2 minutes ago, HalfDesiGirl said:

A friend of mine went to a top CS school and got her PhD. Then she chose to be a stay at home mom. Even her doctoral advisor was shocked. I cannot imagine doing that but she did. And her response was simple - I’m doing this for my kids and this is what makes me happy. She’s an outlier but still don’t judge someone just because they are staying at home. 

Women who stay at home are as much of losers as men who stay at home. The society can gofuck themselves. 

1 minute ago, Catabolite said:

Women who stay at home are as much of losers as men who stay at home. The society can gofuck themselves. 

Well, that was quick 

1 hour ago, meri_zindagi said:

I like it. But entha padi padi chesina house hold chores won't take more than 4 hours a day. What to do with remaining time ? 

Office lo 8 hrs pani chesthava? Maha ante 1 hr ye ga pani chesedhi.. rest of the time insta, fb, and db ye ga..

2 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Office lo 8 hrs pani chesthava? Maha ante 1 hr ye ga pani chesedhi.. rest of the time insta, fb, and db ye ga..

After 40 years, look back at all the dishes you cleaned and clothes you washed?

1 minute ago, Catabolite said:

After 40 years, look back at all the dishes you cleaned and clothes you washed?

Everything is cleaned.. u did good job