US to Ind returned (*v*i*s*a issue)

amazon

It depends.

1.  Collection accounts will be out of your credit history after 7 years.  So if you can plan properly for 7 years from the date the collection entries were made in to your credit history, you are ok.  Get your latest credit report from one of the 3 credit monitoring companies (you can get 1 report for free) to know the collection dates.

2.  You won't be able to apply for new credit cards, mortgages and in some cases, even apartment leases.  So you need to plan around it like using only debit cards, subleasing apartment from others etc.

3.  It has no impact on your H1/GC processing.  The rule is using gov/public funding.  Not credit card companies which are private.  So do not worry about it.

4.  Do not worry about credit repairing if you follow points-1 & 2.  Once a collection entry is made, it will there for 7 years.  Its status may change as outstanding/paid etc.  But it will be there for 7 years.  Keep that in mind and plan around it, you will be OK.

15 hours ago, HugoStrange said:

1. collections ki vellinte its a good idea to pay. You can negotiate with them. Nee loan already sold to some one else at 15 to 30 cents on the dollar. So nuvu vadiki oka 40 to 50% pay chestha ante work avochu

2. Never give your account details to collectors for deducting. Send them a check or something (see Dave Ramsay video on this one)

3. Kadithe nee credit score peruguthundi, kattakapothe you will have issues for the most of the time you are here and may have to pay more than you with court or some other way.

thanks for the details.

1. okavela nenu ipudu h1 apply chesukuntay, h1 petition issues em ana avutaya? like approval, visa interview lo or immigration lo?

2. okavela US ki h1 paina velina tarwata, job search chesukovali. In case job vastay, salary ela credit avudi? naa existing debit cards lo deposit aitay, collections vallu auto deduct chesukuntaraa?

3. In case collections valla tho matladi, negotiate chestay, do they accept monthly payments or do i need to pay negotiated amount upfront?

14 hours ago, Swiper said:

It depends.

1.  Collection accounts will be out of your credit history after 7 years.  So if you can plan properly for 7 years from the date the collection entries were made in to your credit history, you are ok.  Get your latest credit report from one of the 3 credit monitoring companies (you can get 1 report for free) to know the collection dates.

2.  You won't be able to apply for new credit cards, mortgages and in some cases, even apartment leases.  So you need to plan around it like using only debit cards, subleasing apartment from others etc.

3.  It has no impact on your H1/GC processing.  The rule is using gov/public funding.  Not credit card companies which are private.  So do not worry about it.

4.  Do not worry about credit repairing if you follow points-1 & 2.  Once a collection entry is made, it will there for 7 years.  Its status may change as outstanding/paid etc.  But it will be there for 7 years.  Keep that in mind and plan around it, you will be OK.

So, do u recommend going back to US only after 7 years?

13 hours ago, amazon said:

So, do u recommend going back to US only after 7 years?

I never said that.  You can safely go to USA.  You just need to be careful for 7 years from the date they are reported on your credit report.  If I were you, I would not pay 30K.  Ethical or not.  If they have already reported, your credit report is already screwed.  Paying money back is not going it bring your credit score back.  Only time is going it bring the credit score back up.. provided you do not screw it further.  

It also looks like you are still in the process of getting H1.  If that is true, focus on that.  No need to worry about your credit score and paying them back at this time. 

Collection agencies can not attach your bank account (i.e. your salary account) unless you are not paying child care settlements, Federal/state tax dues and in some cases mortgages.   Even in those cases, they need to get court approvals which is a lengthy process. 

So nothing to worry.  Your salary can still get credited to your bank account and you can use your debit card for all normal purchases.  You can even open new bank accounts.  That is not a problem.  There are workarounds for cases where you need credit card or credit report.  When it comes to that you can think about those workarounds.

7 hours ago, Swiper said:

I never said that.  You can safely go to USA.  You just need to be careful for 7 years from the date they are reported on your credit report.  If I were you, I would not pay 30K.  Ethical or not.  If they have already reported, your credit report is already screwed.  Paying money back is not going it bring your credit score back.  Only time is going it bring the credit score back up.. provided you do not screw it further.  

ok thanks bro.

7 hours ago, Swiper said:

It also looks like you are still in the process of getting H1.  If that is true, focus on that.  No need to worry about your credit score and paying them back at this time. 

Collection agencies can not attach your bank account (i.e. your salary account) unless you are not paying child care settlements, Federal/state tax dues and in some cases mortgages.   Even in those cases, they need to get court approvals which is a lengthy process. 

So nothing to worry.  Your salary can still get credited to your bank account and you can use your debit card for all normal purchases.  You can even open new bank accounts.  That is not a problem.  There are workarounds for cases where you need credit card or credit report.  When it comes to that you can think about those workarounds.

ok.