Real or Fake news ??????????????????????????????

HEROO

3 minutes ago, Catabolite said:

They started the event to prevent people from being racist towards Asians in light of coronavirus cases in China. 

Yes

In early February, a member of a group that promotes Chinese-Italian relations took part in a social experiment aimed at fighting racism.

The man challenged Italian strangers on the street to hug him while a sign next to him read: “I’m not a virus. I’m a human. Free me from prejudice.”

A 63-year-old entrepreneur tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus, on February 25.

The man’s businesses were located in Asia, and he had returned from a trip to Singapore and the Phillippines in January, according to Italian media outlets.

As of March 13, Florence alone had recorded 100 coronavirus cases, according to Italy Department of Civil Protection data.

“Too much politics in Italy”

A prominent Italian doctor and virologist told CNN last week that fear of being called racist led to the severity of Italy’s coronavirus crisis.

“There was a proposal to isolate people coming from the epicenter, coming from China,” said Dr. Giorgio Palu, the former president of the European and Italian Society for Virology and a professor of virology and microbiology of the University of Padova.

“That, he said, led to the current devastating situation,” the Thursday CNN report paraphrased Palu as saying.

Palu also faulted his government for being “lazy in the beginning,” citing “too much politics in Italy.” He said more testing should have been done when the outbreak started, and the country’s lockdown should have started earlier and been stricter.

“It did come from China”

In the United States, a number of Democrats, liberal activists and journalists have denounced Republicans and swathes of the public for allegedly being bigoted about the coronavirus.

At a White House press conference Wednesday, several reporters questioned President Donald Trump about his use of the term “Chinese virus” to refer to the coronavirus, suggesting doing so was racist.

However, Trump said he was simply being factual.

“I didn’t appreciate the fact that China was saying that our military gave it to them. Our military did not give it to anybody,” he said, referring to an unfounded conspiracy being promoted by Chinese officials.

“China was putting out information, which was false, that our military gave this to them. That was false. And, rather than having an argument, I said I had to call it where it came from. It did come from China. So, I think it’s a very accurate term.”

Massage parlor povadaaniki ucha poskuntaaru iga mana desi fellows

11 hours ago, Spartan said:

That was part of Hug Chinese Day

February 1st ki jarpukunnaru....

mottam assamed...a video is related to same event...okkade kaadu..chala mandi were standing like that...

But atla nilabadinollaki appatike corona undhi ani or poni aa tharvatha aina ochindhani source ledhu ga.. iyanni anti-china quotes tho whatsapp  university nundi generate aina videos .. Ivi malli ee new channels ki source ainai

19 minutes ago, TOM_BHAYYA said:

But atla nilabadinollaki appatike corona undhi ani or poni aa tharvatha aina ochindhani source ledhu ga.. iyanni anti-china quotes tho whatsapp  university nundi generate aina videos .. Ivi malli ee new channels ki source ainai

Italian virologist says political correctness doomed his country's coronavirus response

Florence even launched a 'Hug a Chinese' Day initiative after Trump announced China travel restrictions.

A proposal to isolate travelers coming from China was deemed as 'racist'

Palù told CNN that the Italian government failed by refusing to impose a wider and stricter lockdown earlier on, instead of the initial restrictions that focused on 11 areas Rome placed in a "red zone."

"We should have done more diagnostic tests in Lombardy where there was a big nucleus. There is no sense in trying to go to the supermarket once a week. You have to limit your time out, isolation is the key thing," he said.

Palù also believes that politics delayed the government's reaction, which he decried as "lazy in the beginning," saying there is "too much politics in Italy."

The virologist added, "There was a proposal to isolate people coming from the epicenter, coming from China." However, he says the Italian government balked at the idea of singling out travelers coming from China out of concern it could be construed as racist. "Then it became seen as racist, but they were people coming from the outbreak."

1 minute ago, Catabolite said:

Italian virologist says political correctness doomed his country's coronavirus response

Florence even launched a 'Hug a Chinese' Day initiative after Trump announced China travel restrictions

"

Endhi idhi source antunnava