FDA issues emergency authorization of anti-malaria drug for coronavirus care

HEROO

1 hour ago, nag_mama said:

repatinunchi antha upwards velte adi in the money lo vundadu kada so ippude ammeyi

Let us see. Time undi. I have Walmart calls for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Catabolite said:

Similar work is being done at the school I went to. 

What does it mean in this context? +_(

On 3/23/2020 at 2:32 PM, Catabolite said:

It's very crude way of inducing immune response back in 1900s during the flu outreak. The problem with that is, you need to select the immune cells specific to the virus and given to the other patients, which is difficult but can be done. The major deterrent however is that you will have same problem as you would with transplant immunology. That is, basically unless the host and donor are related, the difference in haplotype of the transplanted immune cells vs host immune cells, will make someone's immune system fight the transplanted immune cells and reject those cells even before the immune cells fighting the virus. It is easier to make a vaccine than transplanting. 

9 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

What does it mean in this context? +_(

I thought I told you this before. They are using the antibodies from the plasma, not immune cells from the plasma (which is what the post I wrote was about). If transplanting immune cells, there is a problem with matching or not. But antibodies are same and don't need to be matched. 

11 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

Antibodies are used for bacteria.

Virus infections need anti-viral meds.

Antibodies are not just against bacteria, what you're thinking of is antibiotics. Antibodies are just protein that have a binding region against any receptor in the body. All of our immune system works on binding affinity of antibodies. 

23 minutes ago, Catabolite said:

Antibodies are not just against bacteria, what you're thinking of is antibiotics. Antibodies are just protein that have a binding region against any receptor in the body. All of our immune system works on binding affinity of antibodies. 

Oops! You're correct. That was a typo (antibiotics:(

6 hours ago, HEROO said:

The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday issued an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, decades-old malaria drugs championed by President Donald Trump for coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence.

The agency allowed for the drugs to be "donated to the Strategic National Stockpile to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible," HHS said in a statement, announcing that Sandoz donated 30 million doses of hydroxychloroquine to the stockpile and Bayer donated 1 million doses of chloroquine.

Lite... India lo Govt direct ga medicare staff ni veskomani eppudo cheppindi