H-ow L-ong one can w-ork fr-om India?

Yaman02

I came to India in Feb and scheduled a Visa Interview  around 23th March, but due severity of Corona effect all the interviews are cancelled, I have been working from India since then. I am a FTE. How long can i keep working from India without any legal problems on H1B? pls throw some light on it? Thanks in advance for everyone who replied.

Once u r outbof american soil , you Need not abide by h1b rules and can work as many months as u can . You are covered in terms of immigration but fte lo companies dont like to run payroll outside of country for multiple months . During this pandemic they may undestand the concern

9 minutes ago, Yaman02 said:

I came to India in Feb and scheduled a Visa Interview  around 23th March, but due severity of Corona effect all the interviews are cancelled, I have been working from India since then. I am a FTE. How long can i keep working from India without any legal problems on H1B? pls throw some light on it? Thanks in advance for everyone who replied.

God knows india vellinollu motham may end june varaku stuck ayyipoyinattey

31 minutes ago, Yaman02 said:

It's Up to your company. 

companies should not deposit your salary as per rule if u r out of usa. Us govt will gangbang all companies who pay salaries for the ppl living outside that is the biggest fraud and loophole.

Just now, Deadp0ol2 said:

companies should not deposit your salary as per rule if u r out of usa. Us govt will gangbang all companies who pay salaries for the ppl living outside that is the biggest fraud and loophole.

Three years back, I was on leave for two months, I got paid for two months. 

41 minutes ago, Yaman02 said:

#$1

28 minutes ago, Deadp0ol2 said:

FT lo you get paid when you are on vacation whether it be month or few months . That could be india too .  They meet LCA salary . 

3 minutes ago, Amrita said:

FT lo you get paid when you are on vacation whether it be month or few months . That could be india too .  They meet LCA salary . 

I was told 90 days max after that they have to move you to India payroll. It happened to me and my VP in international taxation consulted with Deloitte and told that over 90 days company has to pay dual taxation.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, starocky said:

I was told 90 days max after that they have to move you to India payroll. It happened to me and my VP in international taxation consulted with Deloitte and told that over 90 days company has to pay dual taxation.

I talked only for the point that out of country unte pay roll run kakudadu And shouldn’t pay salary . FT ki avutundi was my point . I wasn’t in India for 90 days being FT ( C2C lo unna) so not sure on that  . 60 days Ayite unna .  But , I know a friend in 2010 who got stuck in India for an year and worked from Hyderabad and got paid USA salary . Rfe clear avvadaniki ataniki one year pattindi and he is back .  You might be right though  . 

13 minutes ago, starocky said:

I was in India, working for more than 90 days consecutively and had no issue, as long as you are on H1b. 

The concept of dual taxation arises when an employee is on full time payroll wiring for the same country in two countries. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

I was in India, working for more than 90 days consecutively and had no issue, as long as you are on H1b. 

The concept of dual taxation arises when an employee is on full time payroll wiring for the same country in two countries. 

I was not on h1b. I was waiting for rfe response

11 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

My company had Indian office also, may be you are right because the company is in India also.

Im working from india from past 4months and client is okay with it. Carona effect another 2 months for sure. 

Would it be a problem if i cross 6 months period? Especially in POE?

What about tax filing for next year? Should i mention that im out of country for 6months?