Money eppudu least priority ne || Quarantine lo kavalsinave techukunnam

Catabolite

3 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

Identity crisis

Being a house wife is an identity yeah. You have taken care of your family’s health, raised your kids right and indirectly contributed to the financial stability of your family. 

Just now, DummyVariable said:

Being a house wife is an identity yeah. You have taken care of your family’s health, raised your kids right and indirectly contributed to the financial stability of your family. 

+69

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

Call that an identity huh? 

On the one hand, women from girlhood were being told that they would find fulfillment and happiness as wife and mother, in traditional feminine roles. On the other, the reality was that as women spent more and more of their energy being just that, they felt more and more unhappy. As one young mother told Friedan: "I’ve tried everything women are supposed to do – hobbies, gardening, pickling, canning … but I’m desperate. I begin to feel that I have no personality. I’m a server of food and a putter-on of pants and a bedmaker, somebody to call on when you want something. But who am I?". Another woman told her that she had everything – a husband who was moving up in his career, a lovely new home, enough money. Yet, when she woke up in the morning there was nothing to look forward to. Women had just one question that summed up their feelings: Is this all there is in life?

Tradition is very strong in India and dictates many aspects of our lives. In India, regardless of religious differences, caste, class or regional location, tradition makes particular demands on the way women live their lives – from the clothes that they can wear, to their mobility, the kinds of jobs they take up and so. Psychologists have observed that as young girls grow into adolescence and womanhood, they comply more and more with the feminine roles demanded of them. For instance, it is well known that girls are better achievers at the school level and often are rank-holders and toppers in Std X exams. Their performance, however, falls considerably once they are in Pre-degree, in entrance exams and in professional courses. Some people may argue that girls are unable to cope with the rigor of advanced studies but studies conducted abroad suggest that women are subtly conditioned to feel that over-achievement is an "unfeminine" trait.

3 minutes ago, Catabolite said:

Tradition is very strong in India and dictates many aspects of our lives. In India, regardless of religious differences, caste, class or regional location, tradition makes particular demands on the way women live their lives

I know a colleague of mine, he is jew if I'm not wrong. He asked his wife to take care of two sons until they grow up and she stayed home. Staying home is not easy and it's not just India. 

2 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

I know a colleague of mine, he is jew if I'm not wrong. He asked his wife to take care of two sons until they grow up and she stayed home. Staying home is not easy and it's not just India. 

Did she do anything before and after the stay at home situation? 

11 minutes ago, Catabolite said:

Tradition is very strong in India and dictates many aspects of our lives. In India, regardless of religious differences, caste, class or regional location, tradition makes particular demands on the way women live their lives – from the clothes that they can wear, to their mobility, the kinds of jobs they take up and so. Psychologists have observed that as young girls grow into adolescence and womanhood, they comply more and more with the feminine roles demanded of them. For instance, it is well known that girls are better achievers at the school level and often are rank-holders and toppers in Std X exams. Their performance, however, falls considerably once they are in Pre-degree, in entrance exams and in professional courses. Some people may argue that girls are unable to cope with the rigor of advanced studies but studies conducted abroad suggest that women are subtly conditioned to feel that over-achievement is an "unfeminine" trait.

Irrelevant. 

23 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

They are not incompetent in what they do so no. 

As long as they are not depressed, lacking personality, or have nothing to wake up in the morning to...

10 minutes ago, Catabolite said:

As long as they are not depressed, lacking personality, or have nothing to wake up in the morning to...

Assumptions again.

We can apply those to every job on the planet.

34 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Assumptions again.

We can apply those to every job on the planet.

Sure, there are a lot of losers in the world.