How many here interested in Philosophy?

zarathustra

23 minutes ago, Scurvy said:

Stoicism by Seneca, Marcus Aurelius vi keka to remain strong and calm  under stressful situations.

I've seen a lot of people comment about stoicism. Why are so many drawn to it? I find it hard to practice...I like to discuss about being stoic and all though. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, zarathustra said:

Spotify unte Philosophize this podcast vinandi, some very interesting discussions on Western and some Eastern philosophies

philosophize this aa?? is that on iOS podcast

1 hour ago, Ellen said:

I've seen a lot of people comment about stoicism. Why are so many drawn to it? I find it hard to practice...I like to discuss about being stoic and all though. 

Some philosophers by being stoic and practicing solitude one can discover about themselves and tap into their true potential. Some people might have rough childhood, early trauma , bullied or may be from dysfunctional family. So they have discovered their true self and potential only after becoming stoic by enduring their pain. Ex- David Goggins touted to be the toughest man alive. He was bullied ,  beaten by his drunken and abusive father. Only in his adulthood he was able to shun down the mental illness after becoming Stoic. Thus he was able to channelize all the negativity , pain and suffering to reduce from 300 lbs to 190 lbs in just 3 months and able to complete navy seal, one of the toughest military commander in USA. Another example could be Issac new town arguably one of the greatest humans  to walk on this planet. Even Issac Newton could be attributed to stoic and solitary.
Personally , I feel any philosophy to extreme is not good to us to follow and stoic can be used to overcome external noise and destructive emotions. 

• Like 1