FDA Greenlights Clinical Trial For COVID-19 Coronavirus Treatment That ‘Flattens The Curve’ In Patients

perugu_vada

Therapeutics startup Celularity announced Thursday morning that it has received FDA clearance to begin a clinical trial of a proposed stem cell treatment against COVID-19.

The company’s therapy, called CYNK-001 for now, uses “Natural Killer” (NK) cells, a form of white blood cells that are active against cancer and viral infection, derived from placental stem cells. The company’s been developing similar treatments for several years against cancer and Crohn’s disease, several of which are being tested as well.

According to Hariri, it may take only a matter of days to see results from the first clinical trial of COVID-19 patients. That test will involve use of the treatment in a patient group of up to 86 people. If that’s successful, Hariri hopes those results will mean accelerating to a larger trial, and then, if all goes well, out to market. 

https://apple.news/A6NKeZ8ccTiCOFVfwaEEA_w

• Thanks 1

aids virus ki vaccine vastundhanni 20 years nunchi healdines.. it even decreased the virus strength.. so and so..

getting a reliable vaccine takes lot of years and repated trials for extended period of time.. otherwise its waste o money and investment for pharma companies to produce it on large scale

19 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

aids virus ki vaccine vastundhanni 20 years nunchi healdines.. it even decreased the virus strength.. so and so..

getting a reliable vaccine takes lot of years and repated trials for extended period of time.. otherwise its waste o money and investment for pharma companies to produce it on large scale

vaccine kadu  kada idhi .. it is about finding medication .. so infected ppl ni twarage cure cheyochu 

22 minutes ago, Catabolite said:

Giving a presentation about this tomorrow. 

do rehearsal here in afdb :0012391: ani antunna @MagaMaharaju

5 minutes ago, LazyRohit said:

ivani chusi chiraku 10gutindi

andaru vachesindi trial este release sestam antaru malli release matram rajamouli gadi movie laga 12 months tarvta antaru

phases lo chestaru uncle clinical trials anevi .. oke sari andhariki ichesthe .. control lo undadhu vaalla ki .. if something happens with the drug 

7 minutes ago, perugu_vada said:

phases lo chestaru uncle clinical trials anevi .. oke sari andhariki ichesthe .. control lo undadhu vaalla ki .. if something happens with the drug 

yea but phases ki 6 months endi mari ekkuva janalu sastante serious vallaki esi 10gatamae

1 minute ago, LazyRohit said:

yea but phases ki 6 months endi mari ekkuva janalu sastante serious vallaki esi 10gatamae

reactions anedi ekada aina ravochu kada .. so anni clear ga chustharu

ipudu lungs kosam ani drug isthe .. adi kidneys ni effect chesthe ? 

as of now, clinical trials serious patients medha ne chestunaru anukunta .. fda giving approvals on those i guess, @Catabolite or @Spartan uncle can correct me if i am wrong

2 hours ago, perugu_vada said:

Therapeutics startup Celularity announced Thursday morning that it has received FDA clearance to begin a clinical trial of a proposed stem cell treatment against COVID-19.

The company’s therapy, called CYNK-001 for now, uses “Natural Killer” (NK) cells, a form of white blood cells that are active against cancer and viral infection, derived from placental stem cells. The company’s been developing similar treatments for several years against cancer and Crohn’s disease, several of which are being tested as well.

According to Hariri, it may take only a matter of days to see results from the first clinical trial of COVID-19 patients. That test will involve use of the treatment in a patient group of up to 86 people. If that’s successful, Hariri hopes those results will mean accelerating to a larger trial, and then, if all goes well, out to market. 

https://apple.news/A6NKeZ8ccTiCOFVfwaEEA_w

Finally oka prominent treatment ayithe dorikindi

9 minutes ago, perugu_vada said:

apptike jargalsina ghoram jarigipothadi bhayya

10 minutes ago, perugu_vada said:

reactions anedi ekada aina ravochu kada .. so anni clear ga chustharu

ipudu lungs kosam ani drug isthe .. adi kidneys ni effect chesthe ? 

as of now, clinical trials serious patients medha ne chestunaru anukunta .. fda giving approvals on those i guess, @Catabolite or @Spartan uncle can correct me if i am wrong

Phase I clinical trial is to ensure that it doesn't have toxic issues. Phase II is to ensure that the disease doesn't get worse/have side effects. Phase III that the drug is working.