SU-57 Russia's Most Advanced Aircraft

timmy

16 minutes ago, Somedude said:

Source, you can Google man. I follow these two and they are the really good. You will find hard-core defence analysts there and people post official docs too - https://defenceforumindia.com/forum/s/indian-air-force.9/ and https://defence.pk/pdf/forums/indian-defence-forum.52/

About your Rafale question- ToT was part of intial MMRCA bidding. That's why Govt decided to for 10 billion. It ws biggest defence deal. In the revised deal (2016), I read in some news papers, ToT is not included (not from Govt official info)

Never knew there is a forum for this. Thanks man.

28 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Specifications and requirements match avaledu, India’s original expected target was 2018 which was not met, India wanted twin seated AJT’s as one version, Initially indigenous ga develop chesdam anukunaru, atarvata Sukhoi became UAC and opened doors for global collaborations which India was not interested...and a 124 edi aithe initial requirement vunde no, ipudu Ade change ayi 36 Rafael ayindi...

Itla chala factors vunai, ok FGFA development stage nundi tayar chesukune chance vunde, indigenous ga technology develop chesukune chance vunde..emaindi, adi kuda poindi..ToT lo cost reduction bagane vundi, mari time ? 

India is doing the same mistake again which it did previously, buying jets instead of focusing on improving the technology and go back and real once again, I said India lost golden change to be part of PAK-FA, development stage nundi design chesthe vache knowledge fully developed and assembled kit tho raadu ani...

Oorike Wikipedia la sadivi, ago K A Paul, Idigo Pittal Dora ante Lokesh Lo kalu esinatte

Not an expert in this topic, but based on what i read, India is doing both- importing latest equipment (to stay competent) and parallely building its technology. I read that for the first time, india appeared in the rankings of defense exporters (23rd place). Tejas, some light-weight helicopters, naval ships are being ingeniously built. You may add your opinion on this.

5 minutes ago, karthik25 said:

Never knew there is a forum for this. Thanks man.

Np. About the figher jet in discussion, you can check the forums related to the topics - PAK-FA/FGFA/T-50/SU-57

17 minutes ago, karthik25 said:

Sure. One more question: how good is the Tejas compared to F16. I believe they are much better than Mig21s.

It depends on which version of F16 you wanted to compare. F-16 was from 1970 tech with modern ones having upgraded avionics and it was the most successufle one (espeically with Isreal operation bombing Iraq's nuclear sites). That was like 3.5-4 generation flight. The world is in 5th generation for some years. Stealth is major facor in 5th generation (not being detected by enemy radars. Indias JV with Russia in SU-57 was to get technogloy of stealthness and other 5th generation features). Considering the current world defence situation, Tejas shouldn't not be included into the consideration. If you ask me my honest opinion, I would say Tejas is the biggest failure.  It has been rejected by Airforce number of times and the Govt has been forcing the Airforce to take it. The engine is heavy for LCA category. Some even suggested to use that engine for railways (I am not joking). Engine building is the most complex one. Its for showcasing for pride by people who don't know the technicalities. After number of missed deadlines with Engine development and the Tajas, Vajpayee Govt and MMS Govts wanted ToT as part of MMRCA deal with manufacuring completly done at HAL. But unfortunately, Modi's revised deal doesnt  seem sticking to that point. and contract to Anil Ambani..doesn't look good overall.

8 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

India's golden chance to get on board for the development of fifth generation advanced multi role stealth aircraft was lost with this project.

Su-57 is now ready to get commissioned and HAL is still retrofitting MiG 21's and upgrading Su-27's with imported kits from Israel. Su-57 was supposed to be a JV between UAC and HAL. As usual mana HAL incompetence valla poindi, less than a decade and this fighter jet is now getting ready fro mass production and HAL is still struck with assembly of second generation fighters.

PAK FA was golden chance for HAL...5th gen aircraft development ki direct access vunde, pogottukunnam..ipudu as usual HAL AMRC anukuntu dhol kodutunnam...repo mapo adi kuda scrap chestaru..

Congress LK gallu commision ravani 10ga pettaru, its too late  by the time BJP came by

20 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

Congress LK gallu commision ravani 10ga pettaru, its too late  by the time BJP came by

The damage done by Congress anta inta kadu.. (Okka PVNR tappinchi) especially defense sector lo. In fact, many of the Congress heads even cut funding for R&AW.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, karthik25 said:

The damage done by Congress anta inta kadu.. (Okka PVNR tappinchi) especially defense sector lo. In fact, many of the Congress heads even cut funding for R&AW.

RAW and IB were used as agencies for family rather than for national security

PM Relief Fund - should be headed by congress president by law even today, just imagine the way they ruled the country 

Modi has to come up new entity PM CARES just to avoid this nonsense, hence Congress pests are doing negative propaganda that this is private entity which infact have PM, HM as decision making authorities which ever party that may rule

inspite of being a congress hater at cellular level, i never knew this fact before

1 hour ago, Somedude said:

It depends on which version of F16 you wanted to compare. F-16 was from 1970 tech with modern ones having upgraded avionics and it was the most successufle one (espeically with Isreal operation bombing Iraq's nuclear sites). That was like 3.5-4 generation flight. The world is in 5th generation for some years. Stealth is major facor in 5th generation (not being detected by enemy radars. Indias JV with Russia in SU-57 was to get technogloy of stealthness and other 5th generation features). Considering the current world defence situation, Tejas shouldn't not be included into the consideration. If you ask me my honest opinion, I would say Tejas is the biggest failure.  It has been rejected by Airforce number of times and the Govt has been forcing the Airforce to take it. The engine is heavy for LCA category. Some even suggested to use that engine for railways (I am not joking). Engine building is the most complex one. Its for showcasing for pride by people who don't know the technicalities. After number of missed deadlines with Engine development and the Tajas, Vajpayee Govt and MMS Govts wanted ToT as part of MMRCA deal with manufacuring completly done at HAL. But unfortunately, Modi's revised deal doesnt  seem sticking to that point. and contract to Anil Ambani..doesn't look good overall.

those dreams of ABV and MMS didn't materialize just for the reason that west will not transfer technology.. period.. so the issue for Modi is respond to IAF's imminent needs not bogged down by idealism of 10 yr old game plan which ended up having severe cost inflations

the best path was to buy 3 squadrons of readily/quickly available best option, this is exactly what Modi did, Rafale is a game changer dealing with China

China has russian tech almost granted, Russia has been most unreliable supplier in the last decade, russia is aligning more with China, whats the point of buying something which is going to be with China as well

Modi aligning with France and US is better option in short term than totally relying on Russia, completely aligning with russia made us get into a pathetic state as we are in today

even if Modi made mistakes, i am sure he will do course correction as decisions are not always right when taken at addressing immediate situations, this is not the case with Congress Mofos, their primary interest is to get kickbacks, national security is last or may not be a concern at all

Gisunti stunts ki em thakkuva ledhu, Mana sukoi 30 mki kooda itlaney pugachevs cobra Ani oka evasive manoeuvre chesthaadhi.

Air shows lo baguntadhi choodataniki

This Russian stealth tech fighter can't super cruise

Can't see farther with it's radar than f22, this is going to be the age of first see first kill

As I see there are 2 arguments here, Russians wanted money to foot bill but weren't ready to share tech the way HAL wanted

Also the radar signature wasn't as good as India was expecting it's just  10% -15%  less than rafale that we are all ready buying 

21 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

RAW and IB were used as agencies for family rather than for national security

PM Relief Fund - should be headed by congress president by law even today, just imagine the way they ruled the country 

Modi has to come up new entity PM CARES just to avoid this nonsense, hence Congress pests are doing negative propaganda that this is private entity which infact have PM, HM as decision making authorities which ever party that may rule

inspite of being a congress hater at cellular level, i never knew this fact before

Are you sure? This link says otherwise: https://pmnrf.gov.in/en/about

"Prime Minister is the Chairman of PMNRF and is assisted by Officers/ Staff on honorary basis"

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2020 at 6:20 PM, Somedude said:

http://delhidefencereview.com/2020/05/17/removing-some-fallacies-about-the-capabilities-of-the-lca-tejas-fighter/

Check this bro...