Perfect Sense (2011) - a brilliant movie.

TrollBait

40mins into the movie, goosebumps all over.

never felt so alive as a human being while watching a movie.

I couldn't watch the whole thing in one go. must save some for tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after, and never finish watching the movie until I die.

Just now, Ellen said:

Aaah okay 😁

most people would find the movie boring and uneventful. 

there's almost no plot, other than a pandemic that slowly eats away all human senses.

and there are two self centered assholes trying to form a romantic connection in the midst.

Its the random bits of clips from around the world (esp kenya and mexico) that excited me 

3 minutes ago, Rabbo said:

Prime or Netflix ?

It used to be on netflix. but my wife has a personal copy of the movie. 

no idea about Prime. I stay away from amazon

1 minute ago, TrollBait said:

most people would find the movie boring and uneventful. 

there's almost no plot, other than a pandemic that slowly eats away all human senses.

and there are two self centered assholes trying to form a romantic connection in the midst.

Its the random bits of clips from around the world (esp kenya and mexico) that excited me 

Hahahahaha...human .love stories are off putting naaaku....I need to gather a lot of patience if I have to sit through this 😁 , probably will watch 15 mins everyday ala...lol specifically human because wall e was some how good enough for me 🤣

13 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Hahahahaha...human .love stories are off putting naaaku....I need to gather a lot of patience if I have to sit through this 😁 , probably will watch 15 mins everyday ala...lol specifically human because wall e was some how good enough for me 🤣

being in love is one of the greatest thing about being human, no? Its the perfect synthesis of all your senses and your brain working wonders to get you laid.

ofcourse you can get laid for one-millionth the effort, if you just keep banging on a particular strategy. 

wall e is an example of an unequal relationship, where love forms purely out of cutesy acts, and being stuck with the same person/thing for long. and an element of sacrifice. that is love too, ofcourse.

but watch the before sunrise series of movies to feel excited about love on screen. ofcourse its hard to achieve in real. that's why its on screen.

3 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

being in love is one of the greatest thing about being human, no? Its the perfect synthesis of all your senses and your brain working wonders to get you laid.

ofcourse you can get laid for one-millionth the effort, if you just keep banging on a particular strategy. 

wall e is an example of an unequal relationship, where love forms purely out of cutesy acts, and being stuck with the same person/thing for long. and an element of sacrifice. that is love too, ofcourse.

but watch the before sunrise series of movies to feel excited about love on screen. ofcourse its hard to achieve in real. that's why its on screen.

I watched the before sunrise series first one was nice, second and third bored me.... actually love stories bore me. It's like enough I'm beyond them...I hate the romance genre unless it is made in Korean 😁...I don't know ...even Korean ones become cliches at a point. I'm just bored with the whole heteronormativity displayed in movies ...

1 minute ago, Ellen said:

I watched the before sunrise series first one was nice, second and third bored me.... actually love stories bore me. It's like enough I'm beyond them...I hate the romance genre unless it is made in Korean 😁...I don't know ...even Korean ones become cliches at a point. I'm just bored with the whole heteronormativity displayed in movies ...

I've never watched Korean.

but have you seen this cringey netflix tv series Sense8 created by the wachowski brothers/sisters (the geniuses that made Matrix). Inspite of how pathetic the plot and dialogues on the show were, it was exciting to watch it just for the imagery and the idea about how a bunch of humans (mutants in this case) connect with each other across distances. Some of the sequences were brilliant.

This movie reminds me of that series. except it is about losing senses. and its shot exquisitely.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ellen said:

I'm just bored with the whole heteronormativity displayed in movies ...

still waitin for a well made queer romance movie. Sense8 tried. but got stuck with cheesy nonsense.

none of the trans/queer people are as accommodating as how the wachowskis (themselves queer) portray in the show. Its just too over the top liberal whitewashing of the queer population.

• Haha 1