Any Tiffin For Just ₹10 @ Pichayya Hotel

Somedude

12 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

That's in your own beggarly words of business logic - give it for FREE and be super-competitive so no other restaurant can beat him. That's what you said - in between the lines.

In  a purely competitive meritocratic society, every business will eventually go bust. but competitive environment doesn't exist, except in pockets like where he operates.

most businesses are propped up by debt and political patronage. not by competition. automation also largely is not useful in this area to keep costs down. cheppedaaniki oka artham partham undaala. His business is not scalable. and most likely he doesn't want to.

I've known hawkers in chennai who sell chicken biriyani for 30rs or something. They've been doing this for 15yrs. It exists somewhere in vadapalani. I'm myself a veggie, so I can't say if its good, but its was crowded whenever i noticed. He said that he used to increased the charge by 5rs an yr back and is happy with his business.

em cheddaam vaadini? 

6 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

You are comparing street food to restaurant food, lol. Are you serious? Restaurant food is more expensive compared to street food in any country - including India.

And you are comparing rupees to dollars - what a joke!

You just proved you are ignorant as well as illiterate.

Why don't you stop your foolish arguments? You already lost on several counts without making any sensible points. Your arguments are as foolish as the above. Is that even clear?? You sound like a problem child and an entitled trust-fund kid. You should have been born in that illiterate sick Sikh family who chopped off a cops arm and wounded several others seriously with swords, knives and rods or should have been born in that family who raped a woman on a bus and hurt her seriously that she died. That would have been perfect for you.

lol. so you atleast agree that the hawker can keep pricing his rice at less than one third it is priced at low tier restaurants.. and dont suggest the hawker to look for space to rent and change his business model and 'improve' his business.. 

in HongKong you can have the same rice at HK$1.50 .. haha..

you keep missing the point and are still whining about feeling insulted. I don't give a fcuk about that.

the point is simple. if there's a market to be served, people will serve it. rest is bullshit. just you handwaving high level ideas into a vacuum, without having a faintest clue wtf you are saying

14 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

You are comparing street food to restaurant food, lol. Are you serious? Restaurant food is more expensive compared to street food in any country - including India.

are you serious? do you think he even pays a rent for the shack you call a 'restaurant'? 

or if my guess is right, he probably owns the entire shacks in that line and is collecting rents from others.. and is using his own 'restaurant' to just attract as many people to the place as he can. lol.

you are your bulllshit opinion. start a business first.

ayna, 10rs ki enduku antha feel avthunnadu. No idea about this place..

but I remember vizag railways station bayata oka chinna 100sq ft shack lo, just 6 months back idli 2rs, dosa 5rs ki kumma. superb undey

chutney kooda baaga esaadu. entha rush akkada. 

andaru they must serve only your kind of market ani cheppatam moorkhatvam. malli edho great point annattu argument okati.

16 hours ago, TrollBait said:

what an idiot you are. 

competition ultimately does pushes business out of the market. you are making your point poorly by insisting that he should give it away for free.

I've still not heard any sound logic on why he should charge more. you already admitted that he probably will survive this coronavirus. so what exactly does he have to grow for? because you want him to?

I don't care what he does. I'm just curious to know why you think he must grow. what is the benefit derived from his growth? is it personal or social or what?

stop whining about me, and say something interesting. 

Wow, now you are talking some sense. I wish you were this sensible from the start instead of attacking like a JERK, rey.

The ultimate goal of any business is not just sustenance - but also growth - so its future is promising. Growth doesn't have to mean that he expands his business internationally and starts franchising - it can also mean better pricing, more profits, savings, reserves, etc. He needs to grow for the sake of his business, employees and family because without them - he is NOTHING. Currently, he seems to be surviving month-to-month (paycheck-to-paycheck). If you don't believe in growth, why don't you just quit your business and work as a store clerk for minimum wages? You're not gonna die, right? You'll "probably" survive all the downturns. So what are you waiting for? As I said earlier, you can enjoy poverty - until you get a TOOTH ACHE !!

His business:

Keeping expenses low - check.

Keeping profits higher - ??

The kind of business model he is using suits multinational giants like McDonalds who operate on low margins and doing mass volume business. How does Wendy's afford to offer 10 chicken nuggets for just $1.49?? That's insane right? Wrong! Why can't an Indian restaurant (right across the street) afford to offer even 2 nuggets for the same price? Volume business. He doesn't have that kind of scale for that low pricing. Do you think his customers will go somewhere else if he charges 15 bucks instead of 10 bucks? Good luck to his customers finding food even for 20 bucks in walkable distance. It is a RISKY business at insanely low pricing not only to him and his business but also to his employees and family. Maybe he sustained out of sheer luck so far. Is this interesting to you?

YOU said (between the lines) that he should be competitive and give it away for free - not me. I just made you realize what you said.

But I'm sure I just wasted a few more minutes of my time that I'll never get back with this comment because you want people to "agree" with you. That's not happening. As I said, to each his own.

Do you agree?

chennai lo kooda prime area lo, dosa aney peru tho edho thick ga estadu 10rs.. and this is opposite the connemara library. one of the poshest localities. 

they set up a shop right outside the liquor shop and will close their shop once the liquor shop opens.

superb food aithe. 

inka mumbai aithey cheppanakkarle.. 

eedu ochhadu pedda potu gaadu, uchita salaha ivvataaniki. lol. They know the markets they serve ra erri pooha. and they serve very goo food too.

1 minute ago, Bhumchik said:

The ultimate purpose of any business is not just sustenance - but also growth - so its future is promising

no. there's no purpose to anything. It depends on the ambition of the individual, and the resources he has at his disposal.

I wish you the best. but don't talk down people who are serving markets like this. They are awesome and serve a very important need.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, TrollBait said:

ayna, 10rs ki enduku antha feel avthunnadu. No idea about this place..

but I remember vizag railways station bayata oka chinna 100sq ft shack lo, just 6 months back idli 2rs, dosa 5rs ki kumma. superb undey

chutney kooda baaga esaadu. entha rush akkada. 

2 days continuous ga akkada thinte nee stomach chetta kundi laga aithadi due to bad water, low quality ingredients, poor hygiene, roadside dust, smoke, etc. Ask anyone they'll tell you what happens when you eat cheap street food daily. Don't go bonkers about cheap street food. You'll puke and fall sick eventually.

Just now, Bhumchik said:

2 days continuous ga akkada thinte nee stomach chetta kundi laga aithadi. Ask anyone they'll tell you what happens when you eat cheap street food daily.

it applies to even low tier restaurants. lite teesko. 

15 hours ago, TrollBait said:

no. there's no purpose to anything. It depends on the ambition of the individual, and the resources he has at his disposal.

I wish you the best. but don't talk down people who are serving markets like this. They are awesome and serve a very important need.

So you mean - all the millions of businesses around the world have no purpose or goal? What else are all these companies - for instance - hiring IT guys left and right to have their applications built or enhanced at breakneck speeds? Because if they don't innovate, some competitor will come and eat their lunch!

That is "growing" the business. What else do you call it?

You are mistaken - again!

1 minute ago, Bhumchik said:

So you mean - all the millions of businesses around the world have no purpose or goal? What else are all these companies - for instance - hiring IT guys left and right to have their applications built or enhanced? Because if they don't, some competitor will eat their lunch!

That is "growing" the business. What else do you call it?

You are mistaken - again!

there's no 'one' unifying purpose that drives humans beyond survival. each have their own priorities and ways of ensuring their survival.

stop boring me now. byeee

14 hours ago, TrollBait said:

there's no 'one' unifying purpose that drives humans beyond survival. each have their own priorities and ways of ensuring their survival.

stop boring me now. byeee

Look at any business (or even a YouTube channel) and compare it to what it was a few years or decades ago. They grew in size, volume, revenue, profits from what they were before. That is growth. But his business is not going to grow/accumulate reserves anytime soon due to low margins.

No business can afford to just sustain and stay where they are forever - they need to grow or at least accumulate savings/reserves (to be able to sustain in the face of competition or disastrous situations / natural calamities). Did you not grow your business in years or did you just sustain at where you were before? I did.

You are boring everybody because you are confused.

2 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

Look at any business and compare it to what it was a few years or decades ago. They grew in size, volume, revenue, profits from what they were before. That is called growth. No business can afford to just sustain and stay where they are forever - they need to grow (to be able to sustain in the face of competition).

You are boring everybody because you are confused.

driven mostly by debt. byeeee

haha never seen such a pathetic and stupidly childish argument by anyone in this DB this year so far... good job bumchik for deciding how one should run their own business despite the fact that guy's ambition is not solely making money... 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, TrollBait said:

cheppina solley cheptunnav. he doesn't want to 'grow' his business. 

nee sollu lite. 

This actually ends the whole discussion.. nothing else to debate

• Upvote 1