Ambedkar and RSS close friends

Silverado

6 minutes ago, Silverado said:

NEW DELHI: Meira Kumar’s father Jagjivan Ram was an influential political figure for almost four decades. A very bright student who overcame social discrimination, to which he was subjected because of being Dalit, Ram acquired the reputation of a good administrator and was at ease tackling the complexities of governance: a terrain which politicians often fail to negotiate.
Referred to as ‘Babuji’ in his later years, he was the defence minister when India defeated Pakistan in 1971. His tenure as agriculture minister in the late 1960s saw fruition of the efforts to launch the Green Revolution, leading to food self-sufficiency.
READ MORE FROM TOI+
Asha workers, part of whose job is to go door-to-door and find out about Covid patients, cry for help in the absence of protective gear, attacks from anxious families.

A 123-year-old law used to implement the lockdown that pushed daily wage workers to the edge needs review

The talented politician had caught the attention of leaders of the freedom struggle when he was a young labour leader working in Kolkata. He was among those who contributed to the All India Depressed Classes League: an outfit of Dalits and others who had suffered social discrimination. Recognition came early and he was appointed the youngest member of Jawaharlal Nehru’s interim Cabinet. He remained a minister through the 1970s.
His rise was also facilitated by the Congress leadership’s consideration to develop him as a counterweight to Dalit icon B R Ambedkar, whom it had fallen out with.

Though Babuji suffered discrimination too, unlike Ambedkar, he did not turn into a rebel against Hinduism: perhaps because his father was deeply religious and, after quitting the Army, became a mahanth of the Shiv Narayani sect. In fact, there are references to Jagjivan ‘Babu’ once attending a conference of Hindu Mahasabha.
He sided with Indira Gandhi when she split the party. In fact, he was made the head of the breakaway faction. Though notional, the designation reflected his importance. However, his relationship with the Nehru-Gandhi family turned bitter when Indira suspected him of harbouring the ambition of replacing her as PM after the Allahabad HC nullified her election to the Lok Sabha. He was consigned to the political doghouse during the Emergency.
Ram launched a rebellion when Indira announced elections in 1977. He and H N Bahuguna formed Congress for Democracy and joined forces with Janata Party to inflict a humiliating defeat on Indira. He was among those in the running to be PM, and reportedly enjoyed the support of Jaiprakash Narayan.
The candidature, however, could not find enough support among Janata Party MPs and Jagjivan Babu had to be content with being deputy PM. Janata Party projected him as its choice for PM in the 1980 polls but was routed.
He left Janata Party to float Congress (J), which turned out to be a spectacular failure. While he somehow scraped through in his Lok Sabha seat of Sasaram in 1984 under controversial circumstances, his party bombed at the hustings. He passed away in 1986.

Misses Gandhi want to use him for convincing dalits on emergency but he revealed against her afterwards

Thanks for this 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Silverado

• TrollBait

• Pitta

• Ellen

Just now, Ellen said:

RSS heads dalit ainapudu I accept real power is given ...

time for these rotten institutions - not just RSS, but  of all centralized institutions to bite the dust.

I hope dalits aim for the sky, and not settle for becoming RSS head or Indian PM. its useless.

a tech CEO is way more powerful.

1 minute ago, Ellen said:

My only intention was, isonti eye wash post lu mastu mandi istane untaru. Anyway peace. I'm not trying to attack you here. 

actually I want to attack him, but he's being too nice until now, even after calling me a pastor. hehe...

Hindutva is stuck in 13th century. hahaha... still better than being stuck in Indus valley civilization times anuko.. hehe..

that's why even with the awesome organizational capabilities of BJP/RSS, they are unable to achieve anything of significance in Indian lives.

They lack imagination beyond India. And that they proudly say that 'self' must be last, should be the deathknell for their politics, because deep down when things get hard, no one gives a fcuk about the country. 

2 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

actually I want to attack him, but he's being too nice until now, even after calling me a pastor. hehe...

I don't have a problem with his political inclinations at all. Actually he does share some interesting concepts and I'm only still learning about everything. Would like to listen to all sides without making anyone feel threatened

Just now, Ellen said:

I don't have a problem with his political inclinations at all. Actually he does share some interesting concepts and I'm only still learning about everything. Would like to listen to all sides without making anyone feel threatened

he's sharing bullshit. I'm too tired to call them out.

12 minutes ago, Ellen said:

RSS heads dalit ainapudu I accept real power is given ...

I've already this there is social engineering happening many dalits reagrded for their good work Nd promoted as peetadhipathis

And many dalit ladies become MPs inUP  Even if they don't do spend single rupee THROUGH RSS AND BJP

Just now, Silverado said:

I've already this there is social engineering happening many dalits reagrded for their good work Nd promoted as peetadhipathis

And many dalit ladies become MPs inUP  Even if they don't do spend single rupee THROUGH RSS AND BJP

ahaan!! how many of these dalit ladies became MP contesting on a non-reserved seat? 

which dalit is a peetadhipathi? and who is making these decisions?

11 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Read this only achieved bcoz of RSS backing

THIS STORY IS FROM JUNE 16, 2018
CITY
Five Dalit women to be mahamandaleshwars
Rajeev Mani | TNN | Jun 16, 2018, 12:01 IST
AA
Dalit men as ‘sanyasis’ during Kumbh
ALLAHABAD: Juna Akhara, one of the oldest and largest of the country's 13 akharas, will ordain 221 Dalit women as ' sanyasins' (ascetics) and 300 Dalit men as ' sanyasis' during Kumbh-2019. Of these, five women will be made ' mahamandaleshwar' before Mauni Amavasya.
REMOVE ADS

Scores of Dalits, including 500 women ' sanyasins', across the country are already members of the Juna Akhara. Besides, the akhara also boasts of eight Dalit seers, including three women, who have already been ordained as ' mahamandaleshwars'. In April, the akhara had made Kanhaiya alias Shivanand Giri its first Dalit ' sanyasi'. Now, it will elevate him as ' mahamandaleshwar' during next year's Kumbh.
"The akhara, which has around 75 lakh members across the country, will ordain 221 Dalit women as ' sanyasins' during the upcoming Kumbh . Of these, five would be made ' mahamandaleshwar' (considered to be a high position in akhara tradition) before Mauni Amavasya," said Mahant Hari Giri, chief patron of Juna Akhara.
"In the coronation ceremony, the members will shave off their hair and accept ' diksha' amid chanting of Vedic mantras by the head of the akhara. The ' sanyasi' will thereafter perform their own ' pind daan' (a ritual done after the death of a person), signifying that they are now beyond worldly desires. Each one of them will be then handed over a ' dand' (a ritualistic decorative stick)," he said, adding that a similar ceremony would be held for ' mahamandaleshwars'.
"At a time when politicians have divided society on the lines of caste and community to be used as vote-bank, the akhara wants to highlight that not birth but deed decides a person's caste,"

11 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

he's sharing bullshit. I'm too tired to call them out.

Truth won't be digested by left liberals who think white people are gods

4 minutes ago, Silverado said:

brother, lets hope dalits become great entrepreneurs and not rot in medieval institutions.

Hindu legacy and history and all fine, but this legacy becomes an open drain if you restrict its flow.

stop constricting hindus to fit into institutions of the old. Hindutva is ultimately useless because it is a crutch for Hindus to forever act like they are the victims.

let them fly. Let hindus influence the world and their neighbourhood through great ideas. lets keep the religion to personal level.

20 minutes ago, Ellen said:

My only intention was, isonti eye wash post lu mastu mandi istane untaru. Anyway peace. I'm not trying to attack you here. 

I already gave you answer , questions me if any other doubts

4 minutes ago, Silverado said:

Read this only achieved bcoz of RSS backing

THIS STORY IS FROM JUNE 16, 2018
CITY
Five Dalit women to be mahamandaleshwars
Rajeev Mani | TNN | Jun 16, 2018, 12:01 IST
AA
Dalit men as ‘sanyasis’ during Kumbh
ALLAHABAD: Juna Akhara, one of the oldest and largest of the country's 13 akharas, will ordain 221 Dalit women as ' sanyasins' (ascetics) and 300 Dalit men as ' sanyasis' during Kumbh-2019. Of these, five women will be made ' mahamandaleshwar' before Mauni Amavasya.
REMOVE ADS

Scores of Dalits, including 500 women ' sanyasins', across the country are already members of the Juna Akhara. Besides, the akhara also boasts of eight Dalit seers, including three women, who have already been ordained as ' mahamandaleshwars'. In April, the akhara had made Kanhaiya alias Shivanand Giri its first Dalit ' sanyasi'. Now, it will elevate him as ' mahamandaleshwar' during next year's Kumbh.
"The akhara, which has around 75 lakh members across the country, will ordain 221 Dalit women as ' sanyasins' during the upcoming Kumbh . Of these, five would be made ' mahamandaleshwar' (considered to be a high position in akhara tradition) before Mauni Amavasya," said Mahant Hari Giri, chief patron of Juna Akhara.
"In the coronation ceremony, the members will shave off their hair and accept ' diksha' amid chanting of Vedic mantras by the head of the akhara. The ' sanyasi' will thereafter perform their own ' pind daan' (a ritual done after the death of a person), signifying that they are now beyond worldly desires. Each one of them will be then handed over a ' dand' (a ritualistic decorative stick)," he said, adding that a similar ceremony would be held for ' mahamandaleshwars'.
"At a time when politicians have divided society on the lines of caste and community to be used as vote-bank, the akhara wants to highlight that not birth but deed decides a person's caste,"

so the solution to caste hierarchy in Hindu society is to create new akharas and further hierarchies within hierarchies.

1 minute ago, TrollBait said:

so the solution to caste hierarchy in Hindu society is to create new akharas and further hierarchies within hierarchies.

Arey nayana nuvve adigavu why dalit is not becoming peetadhipathi ani ,akharas were similar to peetadhipathis in new age

Malli sollu cheptinav why dalit not become entrepreneur nee RSS dwesham telstundi