Trump announces U.S. will halt funding for WHO over coronavirus response

Meowmeow

2 hours ago, Sucker said:

Australian PM slams WHO for supporting wet markets in China

Edhi kuda expected ...as China buying everything in Australia owns Atleast 10 percent

3 minutes ago, mirchi_bajji said:

please read about CDC presence here - https://www.cdc.gov/globalhealth/what/default.htm

stop looking at the problem in one direction. its easy to say now that we should have done that and this after seeing the consequences . many countries started travel ban after US enforced them(India including). Italy UK and US are the first countries to get effected after china (did you see better response from them?)  stopping economy and lockdown is no simple matter.....people lose jobs if country overreacts to a situation. its easy for you to say...oh well he should have ordered a lockdown sooner. (following what example? CDC itself said that they did not push for any drastic changes)

the same people who accuse trump of not responding fast enough are the ones who called him racist for stopping travel to china. EU blamed Trump for stopping fights to europe.

look at it from both sides

all im saying is , this is a pure deflection tactic .. 

The first line in the link that u shared itself screams in bold how CDC functions , They may be working globally but their primary objective is to deal with the disease control in the US ..

https://www.axios.com/exclusive-navarro-deaths-coronavirus-memos-january-da3f08fb-dce1-4f69-89b5-ea048f8382a9.html

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/7/21212936/trump-peter-navarro-memos-coronavirus-briefing

Bullshitt like this is even hard to analyze because there is really no reasonable logic behind how Trump's administration has acted in handling the situation... 

I think cutting funding to WHO in the middle of a huge pandemic like this one is a bad move .... 

1 hour ago, BUDDY said:

this is a stupid move to make without having a backup plan...

which organization is going to be a first responder if there's another outbreak...

This will just make WHO to further rely on Chinese funding...

This fucker is trying to push the entire blame for his failure in handling the US COVID situation on WHO , WHO actually strongly recommended to act fast at the end of January and Trump totally neglected it , He even called Corona Virus a hoax , now that its all blowing over , he's trying to conveniently blame it all on WHO...

Neeku konni chrppala ... As I am following since Jan 10 ... First flu virus annaru who ... Not human to human Ani cheppindhi ...tarvatha human to human Ani cheppindhi ... Masks avasaramu ledhu Ani cheppindhi ..China vallu use chesthunaru West ki avasaramu ledhu annaru ... Temp ki undadhu Ani virus Ani chepparu ... Eppudu temp not related antuanru and masks compulsory antinaru ...us surgeon general kuda avasaramu ledhu annadu starting lo citing who recommendation .. eppudu vadu veskovali antunaru

50 minutes ago, mirchi_bajji said:

there are other organizations like CDC who do similar work.

secondly...did you not see the word HALT ? that means they will review and if given assurances will provide funding in future. i am 100% positive that this administration or the next one will approve the funding.

he stopped travelers from chine in jan itself and WHO in Feb actually said that travel ban is not correct. is that correct advice for you?

so calm yourselves and have a juice box.

True ... I forgot about travel restrictions vaddu Ani cheoparu WHO.. appude China lo undey virus ..eppudu Anni countries ki poyaru China nunchi 

5 hours ago, argadorn said:

Neeku konni chrppala ... As I am following since Jan 10 ... First flu virus annaru who ... Not human to human Ani cheppindhi ...tarvatha human to human Ani cheppindhi ... Masks avasaramu ledhu Ani cheppindhi ..China vallu use chesthunaru West ki avasaramu ledhu annaru ... Temp ki undadhu Ani virus Ani chepparu ... Eppudu temp not related antuanru and masks compulsory antinaru ...us surgeon general kuda avasaramu ledhu annadu starting lo citing who recommendation .. eppudu vadu veskovali antunaru

I'm not supporting WHO , they're in bed with China and are behaving like a chinese lapdog  , What i'm trying to say is that Trump has equal responsibility for this current situation in the US ... more than equal share actually , you've listed out WHO's timeline now look at how this idiot has been down playing and dealing with the situation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/12/trump-coronavirus-timeline/?utm_source=reddit.com

US had abt 129 cases on march 5th , and now in little over a months time its at 600k+ places , Imagine how incompetent the administration has to be to fail at this scale ... also , trump was actually tweeting and praising china and Xi Jinping until march 2nd week lol , u cant say this is WHO's doing as well... 

This is drama is just a deflection tactic to put the blame entirely on WHO..

logically speaking, irrespective of what WHO did, if you cut funding to WHO in the middle of a global pandemic like this one ,  its just going to make the situation worse .... this is not the time to play the blame game ...

6 minutes ago, BUDDY said:

I'm not supporting WHO , they're in bed with China and are behaving like a chinese lapdog  , What i'm trying to say is that Trump has equal responsibility for this current situation in the US ... more than equal share actually , you've listed out WHO's timeline now look at how this idiot has been down playing and dealing with the situation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/12/trump-coronavirus-timeline/?utm_source=reddit.com

US had abt 129 cases on march 5th , and now in little over a months time its at 600k+ places , Imagine how incompetent the administration has to be to fail at this scale ... also , trump was actually tweeting and praising china and Xi Jinping until march 2nd week lol , u cant say this is WHO's doing as well... 

logically speaking, irrespective of what WHO did, if you cut funding to WHO in the middle of a global pandemic like this one ,  its just going to make the situation worse .... this is not the time to play the blame game ...

why ur writing essays dude...lol 

4 hours ago, BUDDY said:

us lo mi lo governor strict rules pettindi ani ... impeach sign chesaru .... edhi ekadi janala responsiility...intlo kurchondi antay evadu kurchovatledhu ....  evadu follow avatledhu so its gonna happen... thatha  gadu delay cheshadu respond avvataniki but ekadi janalu kuda alaney unaru .... 

20 minutes ago, argadorn said:

us lo mi lo governor strict rules pettindi ani ... impeach sign chesaru .... edhi ekadi janala responsiility...intlo kurchondi antay evadu kurchovatledhu ....  evadu follow avatledhu so its gonna happen... thatha  gadu delay cheshadu respond avvataniki but ekadi janalu kuda alaney unaru .... 

the following is the exact same point im trying to discuss abt , .. she just tweeted sometime ago abt the exact same points I've been trying to talk abt since yestrday ... follow the whole thread 

https://twitter.com/melindagates/status/1250292169631391745?s=20

9 hours ago, BUDDY said:

imagine how incompetent the administration has to be to fail at this scale ... also , trump was actually tweeting and praising china and Xi Jinping until march 2nd week - man you have been completely brainwashed.stop reading comments from liberal trolls. ofcourse he will praise China president with whom he is trying to make a trade deal. it is the job of WHO to report that pandemic is in control . he was praising china based on their reports and awesome collaboration of WHO to spin up that narrative.

logically speaking, irrespective of what WHO did, if you cut funding to WHO in the middle of a global pandemic like this one ,  its just going to make the situation worse -let me use your words. logically speaking WHO already has funding given for this year . also logically speaking , it is just a halt and not a permanent thing. if WHO can own up and say that there were mistakes , they can easily get their funding. 15% difference in funding will not close them down. so calm your pants.