Why software industry wages are higher than Healthcare industry

bostonbro

1 hour ago, Bhumchik said:

Not sure why you keep saying I didn’t meet enough diverse vegan people. It doesn’t matter what it is defined as - religion, caste, diet, lifestyle, etc - it is the food preference they chose and stuck with it and also made their children follow it. I know a guy who switches to vegan diet suddenly for a whole month - it does not make him vegan. Definition does not matter - what matters is what they chose to eat.

Brahmins in Kolkata declared fish as vegetarian and started eating it - out of LOVE for non-veg food and its taste. They say fish is Jala Pushpam - water flower!! It is not vegetarian if it has blood in it, is it? They also eat chicken, meat, crab, onion, ginger, garlic (they are corrupt and make their own rules). But they still call themselves Brahmins.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jala+pushpam

Some Sikhs eat meat - against what Nanak preached to refrain from it

Did you meet anyone who is vegetarian or vegan who is not Indian? My point is most sane people don't enforce their food preferences on their children. 

14 hours ago, Meowmeow said:

Did you meet anyone who is vegetarian or vegan who is not Indian? My point is most sane people don't enforce their food preferences on their children. 

I’m talking about some primitive Indians who enforce their food preferences “religiously” on their children. They don’t  learn even when they themselves are underweight, weak, dwarfed at 4 feet tall and their own babies are born underweight at 4 lbs (when the average weight of a newborn is 7.5 lbs), ending up in ICU and growing up with mental retardation. The whole life of one kid is wasted!

I don’t care about the rest who don’t and yes, I’ve seen Indians and non-Indians who don’t.

8 hours ago, Bhumchik said:

I’m talking about some primitive Indians who enforce their food preferences “religiously” on their children. They don’t  learn even when they themselves are underweight, weak, dwarfed at 4 feet tall and their own babies are born underweight at 4 lbs (when the average weight of a newborn is 7.5 lbs), ending up in ICU and growing up with mental retardation. The whole life of one person is wasted!

I don’t care about the rest who don’t and yes, I’ve seen Indians and non-Indians who don’t.

17 hours ago, Meowmeow said:

It's hilarious how everyone in this DB brings up "conservative Indian society" just to prove their point. Like how conservative the society is, depends on where you chose to draw the line. 

1 hour ago, Meowmeow said:

What is proving?? When a parent states, “I’ll not allow my kid to eat meat as long as I’m alive!” - what do you call that?

do you have a point? Make your point. Obviously, you are the one who has not seen enough diverse Indians!

6 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

What is proving?? When a parent states, “I’ll not allow my kid to eat meat as long as I’m alive!” - what do you call that?

do you have a point? Make your point. Obviously, you are the one who has not seen enough diverse Indians!

You argument ends where sanity begins. 

7 hours ago, Meowmeow said:

You argument ends where sanity begins

No, Incorrect!

you side tracked this whole conversation - going in circles.

you have not answered why a doctor needs to get paid 1000 dollars an hour but got offended because you are in that field.

you have not answered why hospitals who claim as non-profit charge more than a regular doctor does.

i proved why insurance costs have skyrocketed due to blood sucking leechy greedy doctors who charge exorbitant rates to even see a patient for 2-5 minutes charging hundreds of dollars (and still make them wait an hour before seeing them).

i proved you wrong that doctors and lawyers can be REPLACED at the twitch of a finger just like that - without any loss or risk whatsoever, go consult another doctor/lawyer and get the work done on the very same day.

i proved you wrong IT Pros are not easily replaceable and very high risk to even try replacing them.

i proved you wrong IT Pros don’t earn six figure income by doing a crash course in just 3 months - it takes years of hard work and perseverance to reach that level. You are stuck inside your bubble and think what you know is fact an real - you are grossly mistaken!

now you are going in circles with your vague points because other commenters kicked your butt on this thread.

Honey, You don’t seem to know when to stop arguing, huh? Is that what your teacher taught you? You are not getting anywhere with your silly arguments. Get out of your bubble and get a life.

Your argument starts where insanity begins!

5 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

No, Incorrect!

you side tracked this whole conversation - going in circles.

you have not answered why a doctor needs to get paid 1000 dollars an hour but got offended because you are in that field.

you have not answered why hospitals who claim as non-profit charge more than a regular doctor does.

i proved you wrong that doctors and lawyers can be REPLACED at the twitch of a finger just like that - without any loss or risk whatsoever, go consult another doctor/lawyer and get the work done on the very same day.

i proved why insurance costs have skyrocketed due to blood sucking leechy greedy doctors who charge exorbitant rates to even see a patient for 2-5 minutes charging hundreds of dollars (and still make them wait an hour before seeing them).

i proved you wrong IT Pros are not easily replaceable and very high risk to even try replacing them.

i proved you wrong IT Pros don’t earn six figure income by doing a crash course in just 3 months - it takes years of hard work and perseverance to reach that level. You are stuck inside your bubble and think what you know is fact an real - you are grossly mistaken!

now you are going in circles with your vague points because other commenters kicked your butt on this thread.

Honey, You don’t seem to know when to stop arguing, huh? Is that what your teacher taught you? Get out of your bubble.

Your argument starts where insanity begins!

Lol, I don't know where you went to school but any MD student who took intro to bioinformatics could easily program in Python or R. In fact, a lot of folks at my school who don't qualify for UMSL and can't do a residency go to industry to do a data science job making six figures salary. Now, tell me how many people who work in the IT industry get to be doctors without MD/residency or CLAT/JD degrees become a doctor or a lawyer? You don't need any degree to be an IT professional, but you do to be a doctor. So, your definition of irreplaceability is twisted. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Meowmeow said:

Lol, I don't know where you went to school but any MD student who took intro to bioinformatics could easily program in Python or R. In fact, a lot of folks at my school who don't qualify for UMSL and can't do a residency go to industry to do a data science job making six figures salary. Now, tell me how many people who work in the IT industry get to be doctors without MD/residency or CLAT/JD degrees become a doctor or a lawyer? You don't need any degree to be an IT professional, but you do to be a doctor. So, your definition of irreplaceability is twisted. 

now you are back to square one again - going in circles - without addressing any of the points raised against your 50 year old views. This is 2020 - not 1970. What a twist you are!

You need to be GIFTED and need a BRAIN before even thinking about coding in a programming language. Dumb doctors (and healthcare workers) don’t have neither! That’s why they are doctors (greedy to make sh*tty $$) - they are not cut out for IT. You think writing a line or two of “Hello World” in python is all there is to coding? Well, I can cure myself of cough and fever (and many other ailments) with over-the-counter medications too (without referring to any manual or seeing a doctor). That doesn’t make me a doctor, does it?

LOL, wake up and grow up... or show us your github page with your IT projects in python. Yeah, right! That’s what I thought.

I’m out of this silly conversation. Enjoy the ride...

To each, his own bubble.

51 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

now you are back to square one again - going in circles - without addressing any of the points raised against your 50 year old views. This is 2020 - not 1970. What a twist you are!

You need to be GIFTED and need a BRAIN before even thinking about coding in a programming language. Dumb doctors (and healthcare workers) don’t have neither! That’s why they are doctors (greedy to make sh*tty $$) - they are not cut out for IT. You think writing a line or two of “Hello World” in python is all there is to coding. I can cure myself of cough and fever with over the counter medications too (without seeing a doctor). That doesn’t make me a doctor, does it?

LOL, wake up and grow up... or show us your github page with your IT projects in python. Yeah, right!

I’m out of this stupid conversation. Enjoy the ride...

To each, his own bubble.

Well, my bubble isn't as bad as yours hun. I know of precessions others than coding unlike you. Also, have you never seen folks making 6 figures after undergrad, even people who didn't even major in computer science? What did they study? Same thing with PhD in neuroscience, what did they study? They didn't need a license to do a coding job making six figures, right? But being a doctor isn't the same. 

55 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

You need to be GIFTED and need a BRAIN before even thinking about coding in a programming language. Dumb doctors (and healthcare workers) don’t have neither! That’s why they are doctors (greedy to make sh*tty $$) - they are not cut out for IT. You think writing a line or two of “Hello World” in python is all there is to coding. I can cure myself of cough and fever with over the counter medications too (without seeing a doctor). That doesn’t make me a doctor, does it?

LOL, wake up and grow up... or show us your github page with your IT projects in python. Yeah, right!

I’m out of this stupid conversation. Enjoy the ride...

To each, his own bubble.

Forget coding

There are many other roles in software industry which even a lazy person can do.

6 hours ago, Meowmeow said:

Well, my bubble isn't as bad as yours hun. I know of precessions others than coding unlike you. Also, have you never seen folks making 6 figures after undergrad, even people who didn't even major in computer science? What did they study? Same thing with PhD in neuroscience, what did they study? They didn't need a license to do a coding job making six figures, right? But being a doctor isn't the same. 

The points you are missing are these -

1. Considering only US can pay 6 figure dollars and a substantial portion IT guys in the US are Indians, it needs a DEGREE to get out of India - even for a QA tester who is not a coder. How many IT guys from India did you see land in the US on H1B - without a degree - making 6 figure dollars?? Zero.

2. It takes years of hard work to command a 6 figure salary - not by just doing a 3 month crash course as you exaggerated before. Clients don’t just spend 6 figure dollars on any Amar, Akbar or Anthony as you are thinking - the candidate needs to have substance to kick the ground running and kick ass. It costs much more than 6 figures to clients to hire an IT.

3. All those people getting stimulus checks are not making 6 figure dollars.

So you are mistaken.

Edited by Bhumchik
Point #3

3 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

The points you are missing are these -

1. Assuming only US can pay 6 figure dollars and a substantial portion IT guys in the US are Indians, it needs a DEGREE to get out of India - even for a QA tester who is not a coder. How many IT guys from India did you see land in the US on H1B without a degree making 6 figure dollars?? Zero.

2. It takes years of hard work to command a 6 figure salary - not by just doing a 3 month crash course as you exaggerated before. Clients don’t just spend 6 figure dollars on any Amar, Akbar or Anthony as you are thinking - the candidate needs to have substance to kick the ground running and kick ass.

So you are mistaken.

See, I give you a solution and you apply boundary conditions after I give you the solution to prove your point. Besides, this is why I said you don't have enough exposure... Why only stipulate the conditions you have gone through and make that an assumption? Why can't a tech guy be replaced by someone who studied in the US who doesn't have a degree in Computer science? Any kid who finishes school in the valley makes 6 figures working in tech. But not every kid who finishes school makes it to med school, residency and license to become a doctor. It takes longer, more work justifying the 300k salary. 

5 hours ago, Meowmeow said:

See, I give you a solution and you apply boundary conditions after I give you the solution to prove your point. Besides, this is why I said you don't have enough exposure... Why only stipulate the conditions you have gone through and make that an assumption? Why can't a tech guy be replaced by someone who studied in the US who doesn't have a degree in Computer science? Any kid who finishes school in the valley makes 6 figures working in tech. But not every kid who finishes school makes it to med school, residency and license to become a doctor. It takes longer, more work justifying the 300k salary. 

And pays $4,000+ a month on rent.

100K salary, 50K rent - happens only in Valley!

(other places cost 15%-20% of the income on rent)

Edited by Bhumchik

2 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

And pays $4,000 a month on rent.

Only in Valley

Well, 2000$ if you're sharing it with someone, but yeah. That's why doctors need 300k so that they don't live below poverty line (which is nearly 90k). Median household income is about 150k. 

5 hours ago, Meowmeow said:

Well, 2000$ if you're sharing it with someone, but yeah. That's why doctors need 300k so that they don't live below poverty line (which is nearly 90k). Median household income is about 150k. 

You don’t share a place with weirdos like whatssapp gadu when you get married with kids.

And what are you doing? Applying room sharing conditions as a solution to the problem?? Haha