Why software industry wages are higher than Healthcare industry

bostonbro

6 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

for most people, there is no such point. both for the throwing party, and the receiving party.

perhaps you'll do well in a world full of meowmeows like you. but your prescriptions for the world you are living in, are just short of spitting on people who don't measure up to you.

i make jokes about killing people, you make indirect jokes about starving them. and  you seem to think that your's is a much more rational position.

Those most people are not living for themselves but to please others. To me, they're losers because they can't ever win since there is always someone better than them. And losers should just die, kind of what evolution teaches us. 

3 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

lol. and you blaming distribution of wealth, while being a beneficiary of it.

everyone is a hypocrite in this world. there's no escaping it.

...am less of a working to get paid than getting paid for the work you do kinda guy. 

3 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

Go to any hospital as an in-patient - the nurses are only nice to you on day 1, after that they neglect you, ignore you and even mock at you for asking for help. This is the same sh*tty pattern with healthcare workers in any country. Many patients have died due to neglect. They are not hard-working - they are hardly working. These nurses get paid what they deserve for their irresponsible duties. They are working during this pandemic because they have bills to pay - not to save patients' lives.

Doctors - they are overhyped pieces of sh*t - they charge anywhere from $200-$800 per hour for their time with patients. They don't deserve to get paid more than $75-$100 an hour. They make us wait for over an hour before we even see them and the whole ordeal of visiting a clinic takes over 2 hours. They don't value our time - they are interested only in making more $$. These are the some of the wealthiest people and have amassed a sh*t load of wealth, properties, stocks and other investments.

Lawyers - they don't deserve to get paid more than $75-$100 an hour. How come you hire a lawyer (he is your employee and you can fire him anytime you want) but you end up paying him more than YOU make?? They have controlled their rates like leaches from the beginning and by having a different law for each state - complicating matters even further. These blood-sucking lawyers always have money problems no matter what.

Now compare the above professions with IT guys - do you think we are overpaid?? Think again...

AGREE WITH YOU

LEAST KARMIC JOB IS IT.

You can escape from work

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

Go to any hospital as an in-patient - the nurses are only nice to you on day 1, after that they neglect you, ignore you and even mock at you for asking for help. This is the same sh*tty pattern with healthcare workers in any country. Many patients have died due to neglect. They are not hard-working - they are hardly working. These nurses get paid what they deserve for their irresponsible duties. They are working during this pandemic because they have bills to pay - not to save patients' lives.

Doctors - they are overhyped pieces of sh*t - they charge anywhere from $200-$800 per hour for their time with patients. They don't deserve to get paid more than $75-$100 an hour. They make us wait for over an hour before we even see them and the whole ordeal of visiting a clinic takes over 2 hours. They don't value our time - they are interested only in making more $$. These are the some of the wealthiest people and have amassed a sh*t load of wealth, properties, stocks and other investments.

Lawyers - they don't deserve to get paid more than $75-$100 an hour. How come you hire a lawyer (he is your employee and you can fire him anytime you want) but you end up paying him more than YOU make?? They have controlled their rates like leaches from the beginning and by having a different law for each state - complicating matters even further. These blood-sucking lawyers always have money problems no matter what.

Now compare the above professions with IT guys - do you think IT guys are overpaid?? Think again...

Entitlement speaks for itself. Come out of your IT bubble, will you?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Meowmeow said:

Those most people are not living for themselves but to please others. To me, they're losers because they can win since there is always someone better than them. And losers should just die, kind of what evolution teaches us. 

people try to please others not because they are losers, but because it gives them social capital, and hence power to weild. 

nature is shaped by its most powerful. either power gained through intelligence and innovation (very very very very rare), or power gained through manipulating idiots around them (almost all the time).

I dont think you understand power, or you naively think you are immune to it. good luck. I wish you are immune to it. It is a blessed existence, but I doubt if you are really immune to it. 

how old are you, if you dont mind me asking?

5 minutes ago, bostonbro said:

AGREE WITH YOU

LEAST KARMIC JOB IS IT.

You can escape from work

all customer facing jobs are extremely hard to do, and maintain the same level of sanity since day 1.

one must thank the stars that there are still people working these jobs and not forcing us to use half baked robots in their place.

10 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

...am less of a working to get paid than getting paid for the work you do kinda guy. 

it doesnt matter. you love your country. I would actually call it silly.

but for this conversation, I'll call it conformist.

23 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

Entitlement speaks for itself. Come out of your IT bubble, will you?

Then tell us this - why do they make us wait for an hour in the lobby, then they take us into a room, the nurse takes vitals and leaves, after another 30 minutes the doctor sees us - just for 2 minutes. What was the doctor doing all this time?? Don't say he was busy with other patients. They don't even honor the appointment times. Clearly, something doesn't add up.

22 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

for instance you randomly calling me a terrorist shows how much of a conformist you actually are. 

may be you don't want to be a conformist, but sometimes out of habit become one. lets see neutrality from you in the face of power.

I'm against it. you are neutral. we both have nothing to argue. if both of us are true to their roles in the db. 

8 hours ago, Bhumchik said:

Then tell us this - why do they make us wait for an hour in the lobby, then they take us into a room, the nurse takes vitals and leaves, after another 30 minutes the doctor sees us - just for 2 minutes. What was the doctor doing all this time?? Don't say he was busy with other patients. They don't even honor the appointment times. Clearly, something doesn't add up.

To be honest, I don't know what you experienced, so I can't speak for you. I will stay out of it. But I can say this, how long does it take for a doctor to pick up on coding? 3 months, maybe 6 and probably loads of practise. How long does it take for an engineer to be a doctor? Atleast 8 years. I hope you understand who is more valuable and who is more irreplaceable. 

Just now, Meowmeow said:

To be honest, I don't know what you experienced, so I can't speak for you. I will stay out of it. But I can say this, his long does it take for a doctor to pick up on coding? 3 months, maybe 6 and probably loads of practise. How long does it take for an engineer to be a doctor? Atleast 8 years. I hope you understand who is more valuable and who is more irreplaceable. 

It might take atleat 8 years to be a doctor.. doctor inaka day to day job  antha routine stuff a untadi.. kani engineers ki day to day job lo challenges untai, we have to bring creativity and out of box solutions to do that day to day tasks 

Just now, Scada said:

It might take atleat 8 years to be a doctor.. doctor inaka day to day job  antha routine stuff a untadi.. kani engineers ki day to day job lo challenges untai, we have to bring creativity and out of box solutions to do that day to day tasks 

:giggle: yeah right, this is why I talk about an IT bubble.