Why software industry wages are higher than Healthcare industry

bostonbro

23 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

People just aren't living for themselves anymore, that's really the problem. 

arey, self dabba kottukokunda okka roju undav nuvu. hithabodha chestunava

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Meowmeow said:

To be honest, I don't know what you experienced, so I can't speak for you. I will stay out of it. But I can say this, how long does it take for a doctor to pick up on coding? 3 months, maybe 6 and probably loads of practise. How long does it take for an engineer to be a doctor? Atleast 8 years. I hope you understand who is more valuable and who is more irreplaceable

My hunch is that the doctors who work for large hospitals pretend like they are very busy so they take up only 20 or so appointments a day so they don’t have to work hard that results in hours of wait time and wastage of time for patients. Small clinics where the doctor owns it - there are no delays in seeing the doctor.

17 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

I think you are blaming the wrong party here. People do have agency, but exercise it in very many interesting ways.

when they are forced to fight to survive, then they do live for themselves, but in modern world, the people you move with (upper middle class) have no such concerns. Their concerns are of maintaining and impoving social status. It was true of all eras for the section of population that didn't have to worry about survival. Its not something new to our generation.

the economy rewards anyone who accelerates his contribution to it. it can be through innovation, or plain gasbaggery, or riot mongering or showboating on tik tok etc. you can live only for yourself if you wish in this economy, but you have to be really good at what you do, so you won't be crushed by the system. not many can claim to be that. so they go with the flow, or settle for stagnation and put their hopes on their kids.

26 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

KARANAJANMULU EVARU - ----- EVARU LERU

RGV -  GOPPA VALLU EVARU HARDWORK CHEYYARU...THEY JUST BECOME.

1 hour ago, Meowmeow said:

To be honest, I don't know what you experienced, so I can't speak for you. I will stay out of it. But I can say this, how long does it take for a doctor to pick up on coding? 3 months, maybe 6 and probably loads of practise. How long does it take for an engineer to be a doctor? Atleast 8 years. I hope you understand who is more valuable and who is more irreplaceable

your claim of how long it takes to become a doctor may be correct.

But before it is too, let me clear the confusion and bring some clarity - a doctor can NEVER become a developer because they are NOT cut out for IT or inclined towards IT. Every doctor I saw is computer illiterate and they are afraid to even touch a computer, don’t know how to use it, browser, email, apps, internet. They just don’t want to learn it and even if we teach them how to copy paste text, they will forget in 2 hours. I’m not just vaguely throwing stuff here - it is the same situation with every single doctor I saw in decades and I have also seen doctors even in my relatives circle. It is like expecting an IT guy to become a doctor - that will NEVER happen. So a doctor becoming an developer or an IT guy becoming a doctor will take a lifetime and still will not happen. They are like opposite poles.

A doctor and an IT couple is a match made in HELL - compatibility is poor and it is so frustrating.

10 hours ago, raaajaaa said:

I totally agree with you bro repu ma manager ki email peduta healthCare industry lo entha istharo anthe ivandi naku ani

Email pettava ?

28 minutes ago, ring_master said:

What do you mean by they aren't living for themselves?

You're saying that they are living to showoff to other people?

People aren't spending money because they need it for themselves. People spend money because they want to be better than others. 

12 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

Finally, someone who thinks IT is a bubble that would burst lol. It never did but on,y growing

Honey, living in a bubble means, you have no idea what happens outside the bubble. He was saying that being a doctor is doing a same thing over and over, whereas being an engineer you do challenging things everyday. Well, if you think that too, you live in a bubble too. 

2 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

Honey, living in a bubble means, you have no idea what happens outside the bubble. He was saying that being a doctor is doing a same thing over and over, whereas being an engineer you do challenging things everyday. Well, if you think that too, you live in a bubble too. 

While doctors are great at solving problems in theory and on paper, they are not very good at translating these into real life solutions, because they don’t know how to create prototypes or think like an engineer. This is because they have very little exposure to these skills, because all their time is spent in cramming medical facts , and regurgitating these so they can pass their medical examinations.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-arent-doctors-more-innovative-dr-aniruddha-malpani/

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

I think you are blaming the wrong party here. People do have agency, but exercise it in very many interesting ways.

when they are forced to fight to survive, then they do live for themselves, but in modern world, the people you move with (upper middle class) have no such concerns. Their concerns are of maintaining and impoving social status. It was true of all eras for the section of population that didn't have to worry about survival. Its not something new to our generation.

the economy rewards anyone who accelerates his contribution to it. it can be through innovation, or plain gasbaggery, or riot mongering or showboating on tik tok etc. you can live only for yourself if you wish in this economy, but you have to be really good at what you do, so you won't be crushed by the system. not many can claim to be that. so they go with the flow, or settle for stagnation and put their hopes on their kids.

Just saying that as long as you seek money to survive rather than showing off or whatever that comes with it, you are living for yourself, rather than for others. 

Just now, Scada said:

While doctors are great at solving problems in theory and on paper, they are not very good at translating these into real life solutions, because they don’t know how to create prototypes or think like an engineer. This is because they have very little exposure to these skills, because all their time is spent in cramming medical facts , and regurgitating these so they can pass their medical examinations.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-arent-doctors-more-innovative-dr-aniruddha-malpani/

Another person that thinks that all there is in biology is cramming. 

1 minute ago, Meowmeow said:

Another person that thinks that all there is in biology is cramming. 

arey biology and Engineering are different.. comparing them is like cmparing apples to oranges

5 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

That’s what IT guys think about doctors too.