Why software industry wages are higher than Healthcare industry

bostonbro

1 minute ago, Bhumchik said:

That’s what IT guys think about doctors too.

Exactly my point, you are thinking that being a doctor, you don't do anything challenging everyday. Like vadafaq.

1 minute ago, Meowmeow said:

Just saying that as long as you seek money to survive rather than showing off or whatever that comes with it, you are living for yourself, rather than for others. 

seeking money not just to survive, but pursue your work independently. 

but the economy rewards other activities too. that don't add any value to self or the group. and people choose whatever fits their social profile and their skills/lack thereof.

Just now, Scada said:

no i would like to.. telisina matches unte chpu.. 

Engineer comes in handy to fix things at home, doctor brings in the money. So, it should work. 

7 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

People aren't spending money because they need it for themselves. People spend money because they want to be better than others. 

It's just how society is designed... people need validation and I don't think this is anything new 

1 minute ago, TrollBait said:

seeking money not just to survive, but pursue your work independently. 

but the economy rewards other activities too. that don't add any value to self or the group. and people choose whatever fits their social profile and their skills/lack thereof.

If you're being paid for something you will do for free, keep doing it. If you're working to get paid, save up for early retirement, so you can work for free. 

1 minute ago, ring_master said:

It's just how society is designed... people need validation and I don't think this is anything new 

he's too proud to embrace socety, and too shy to reject it completely.

I say reject it. the society doesn't care anyway. create a new better one.

21 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

I think you are blaming the wrong party here. People do have agency, but exercise it in very many interesting ways.

when they are forced to fight to survive, then they do live for themselves, but in modern world, the people you move with (upper middle class) have no such concerns. Their concerns are of maintaining and impoving social status. It was true of all eras for the section of population that didn't have to worry about survival. Its not something new to our generation.

the economy rewards anyone who accelerates his contribution to it. it can be through innovation, or plain gasbaggery, or riot mongering or showboating on tik tok etc. you can live only for yourself if you wish in this economy, but you have to be really good at what you do, so you won't be crushed by the system. not many can claim to be that. so they go with the flow, or settle for stagnation and put their hopes on their kids.

Fight to survive?

Hunger games?

Existential crisis?

How about i transform myself into a robot? Like in sci fi movies.

Just now, TrollBait said:

he's too proud to embrace socety, and too shy to reject it completely.

I say reject it. the society doesn't care anyway. create a new better one.

I don't embrace or reject it because I don't acknowledge it's existence. 

On 4/17/2020 at 11:14 AM, Meowmeow said:

Exactly my point, you are thinking that being a doctor, you don't do anything challenging everyday. Like vadafaq.

But my point was about the the title of this thread and exorbitant rates doctors and lawyers charge patients and clients.

Doctors charge anywhere from $200-$800 per hour for their time with patients. An ideal rate for a general physician should be about $50 to see a patient and about $100 an hour for a surgeon.

Lawyers don't deserve to get paid more than $100 an hour for the work they do.

why do so many hospitals claim they are non-profit, still have a .com domain and still charge as much as any other doctor would? They are nonprofit right? It’s not that these hospitals are contributing or donating much to the communities around them. And they get free grants money too? I’m positive they get all those VAST land and HUGE office buildings also for FREE from the govt under the pretext of doing R&D.

Over-hyped!

3 minutes ago, bostonbro said:

Fight to survive?

Hunger games?

Existential crisis?

How about i transform myself into a robot? Like in sci fi movies.

you are toast in this economy if you are not either a robot, a social climber or have a skill that the economy needs. 

14 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

Engineer comes in handy to fix things at home, doctor brings in the money. So, it should work. 

Good luck with that match - incompatible and frustrating - unless the couple is extremely compromising on quality of life together.

2 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

But my point was about the the title of this thread and exorbitant rates doctors and lawyers charge patients and clients.

Doctors charge anywhere from $200-$800 per hour for their time with patients. An ideal rate for a general physician should be about $50 to see a patient and about $100 an hour for a surgeon.

Lawyers don't deserve to get paid more than $100 an hour for the work they do.

why do so many hospitals claim they are non-profit, still have a .com domain and still charge as much as any other doctor would? They are nonprofit right? It’s not that these hospitals are contributing or donating much to the communities around them. And they get free grants money too?

over-hyped.

Doctors get paid more because they do a very high skilled job, lawyers her paid a lot because they deal with expensive people/companies. You're basically asking why a manager makes more than an engineer even though an engineer does more work. Well, because an engineer isn't dealing with people, and people figured out that dealing with computers is easier than dealing with people.