Why software industry wages are higher than Healthcare industry

bostonbro

4 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

you are toast in this economy if you are not either a robot, a social climber or have a skill that the economy needs. 

hmm..

agree with you.

How about  jack of all trades, master of none.

2 hours ago, Meowmeow said:

Doctors get paid more because they do a very high skilled job, lawyers her paid a lot because they deal with expensive people/companies. You're basically asking why a manager makes more than an engineer even though an engineer does more work. Well, because an engineer isn't dealing with people, and people figured out that dealing with computers is easier than dealing with people. 

That boils down to why a CEO gets paid millions of dollars in salary and bonus and stocks and other luxury perks and why a store clerk who works harder gets paid a paltry minimum wages.

why is $50 to see a patient for a general physician not enough (without insurance) for the 2-5 minutes time the doctor actually spends with the patient?? He could see 10 patients in an hour and still make $500 an hour (more than a surgeon). Insurance companies flourished because of these exorbitant rates. These insurance companies take money from people who don’t use it and pay those sick people who use it to balance it out. In other words, healthy people are paying sick people for their health issues to get treated!

why does a lawyer deserve to get paid upwards of $300 an hour for the work they do when $100 an hour would justify their expertise and work? These blood sucking leeches controlled rates for ages. The sad thing is - they always have money problems and are not well off.

Why not IT guys get paid upwards of $300 an hour or more for the creative work they do??

overhyped rates were controlled by doctors and lawyers for ages. Most people who hire doctors and lawyers for their issues do not make themselves as much as they pay them hourly. That is a paradox and hypocrisy!

1 minute ago, Bhumchik said:

That boils down to why a CEO gets paid millions of dollars in salary and bonus and stocks and other luxury perks and why a store clerk who works harder gets paid a paltry minimum wages.

why is $50 to see a patient for a general physician not enough (without insurance)? Insurance companies flourished because of these exorbitant rates. These insurance companies take money from people who don’t use it and pay who use it to balance it out.

why does a lawyer deserve to get paid upwards of $300 an hour for the work they do? These blood sucking leeches controlled rates for ages. The sad thing is - they always have money problems and are not well off.

Why not IT guys get paid upwards of $300 an hour or more for the creative work they do??

overhyped rates were controlled by doctors and lawyers for ages. Most people who hire doctors and lawyers for their issues do not make themselves as much as they pay them hourly. That is a paradox and hypocrisy!

IT workers 300$ endi vayya... 10th class chaduvutunna porgadiki 4 months edo language nerpiste Vaade chestaadu job

Brahmi GIFs | Tenor

3 minutes ago, ring_master said:

IT workers 300$ endi vayya... 10th class chaduvutunna porgadiki 4 months edo language nerpiste Vaade chestaadu job

But 10th class kid cannot make it to the USA - leave alone leaving India to get that rate. They need a degree.

2 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

But 10th class kid cannot make it to the USA - leave alone leaving India to get that rate. They need a degree.

em matladtunnav ? US lo 10th class suduvukune porgallu undara

11 hours ago, TrollBait said:

no. the solution is much simpler.

don't care about others. don't marry. find your safe space, make enough to sustain yourself until you die.. develop skills to take care of yourself, and watch the world around you burn.

enjoy their suffering. :) 

you can't stop it. no one can. Its self inflicted. save yourself.

aayane unte white saree why?

In this process i will have to become a monster

33 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

why is $50 to see a patient for a general physician not enough (without insurance) for the 2-5 minutes time the doctor actually spends with the patient?? Insurance companies flourished because of these exorbitant rates. These insurance companies take money from people who don’t use it and pay those sick people who use it to balance it out. In other words, healthy people are paying sick people for their health issues to get treated!

why does a lawyer deserve to get paid upwards of $300 an hour for the work they do when $100 an hour would justify their expertise and work? These blood sucking leeches controlled rates for ages. The sad thing is - they always have money problems and are not well off.

Like I said, firing an IT employee and training a newbie to do his job is not hard. But no doctor or lawyer can be replaced by a newbie. It is easy to train someone to do an IT job, so it doesn't require them much effort. Despite all that, the creative work you talk about is rats ass, are you saying that doctors don't get creative? I mean, did you ever go to a surgery room? This is the bubble I talk about, come out of the bubble, will you?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Meowmeow said:

Like I said, firing an IT employee and training a newbie to do his job is not hard. But no doctor or lawyer can be replaced by a newbie. It is easy to train someone to do an IT job, so it doesn't require them much effort. Despite all that, the creative work you talk about is rats ass, are you saying that doctors don't get creative? I mean, did you ever go to a surgery room? This is the bubble I talk about, come out of the bubble, will you?

You probably haven’t seen what goes behind coding. It is not possible to become a coder in just 3 months like you say and make a 6 figure income. It takes years of continuing and constant learning and practice to become a seasoned developer worthy of interest to any client to command good rates. If it is that easy, many more people would take up IT. If a client wants someone with 5+ year experience (which most clients do), you need 5+ year experience. There is no workaround for that.

Replaceability is a MYTH in IT - it costs over 50K for a client to find a replacement, hire, train, orient him to the systems and bring him up to speed, work loss, revenue loss, risk... blah which cost a sh*t load of time and money and all clients know that very well. Or you could ask a recruiter and they’ll tell you. They still need someone with 5+ years experience to be on the safe side to save their skin. Getting any job with just a 3-month IT crash course/experience/knowledge with 6 figure income is impossible. Most clients don’t even consider people with less than 1 year experience (entry level) and there is that. On the contrary, I can REPLACE my doctor/lawyer INSTANTLY and go see another doctor/lawyer and get the work done on the SAME DAY without any loss or risk whatsoever! Do you see how grossly you are mistaken in these regards?

No subject is easy if you are not inclined towards it. if you are not cut out for IT, it is not easy. Why did a nurse choose that profession instead of IT and make more than 3X ? That’s a lot of money to lose for lifetime right? Because she is not cut out for IT.

To each, his own bubble

SO FROM MY UNDERSTANDING:

EVERY SEC PLAYS IMPORTANT ROLE....

EVERY HUMAN BEING YOU ENCOUNTER EITHER TEACHES LESSON OR YOU TEACH THEM LESSON

IN THE END EVERYONE DOES WHAT THEY DESERVE.......

DOING NOTHING IS ALSO HARDEST BATTLE FOR SOME

.AWESOME CREATION

THANK ALMIGHTY GOD....IF THERE IS ONE

1 hour ago, Meowmeow said:

tenor.gif

17 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

I am not in IT, but if it were that easy why would FAANG companies pay ridiculous compensations? 🤔

71-AD6-FC9-3979-4-B52-BEB7-CAE3-CD721-B0

lol... enta mandi vnnaru kaka FAANG lo?compared to IT in other industries.. 

Corona vachinappudu software vallu em chestharu vayya...healthcase valle emaina chesi vaccine kanipettali...antha kashtapadda salaries software vallake ekkuva..idem logic..anadarki equal pay undali

13 hours ago, bostonbro said:

Economy is for idiots.

Healthcare, Hard working laborers needs higher pay than software workers

Time to revise the economic inequality and wage standards.

evvadu sepinduu healthcare lo thakkuva compared to IT ani...

8 minutes ago, Kalam_Youtheman said:

evvadu sepinduu healthcare lo thakkuva compared to IT ani...

In india

Nurse - 8000k-10k

Industrial pharmacist - 10k

Laboratory technician - 8k-10k

Research scientist post doc- 20-30k per annum: USA

Epic clarity report writer 

SAS analyst

Healthcare BA

Everyone gets more than them